JustAnotherArtDumpage (Critiques please)

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

Re: JustAnotherArtDumpage (Critiques please)

#76 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@Sunlit: I know, right?? ^_^ I'm pretty confident with my proportion this time. Maybe it's because making the line art is much more easier with SAI than with pshop. I found it pretty easy!!! YAYY XD!!
And about the shading... it's like what I said... it's like when you usually paint acrylic on canvas then you try to paint on paper with watercolor... It's like, why the hell this never comes right like usual?!
Yeahhh! You're right! I made her while singing Miku's song. without knowing the lyric /fail And hell yeah!! Every pig tailed girl should just be Miku!! Kyahahahaha!!! XDD
Ugh... I know there's something wrong with the face... it's her EYEBROW!! Gah!!... (try not to do same mistake next time)
THX Sunlit!! Hope I can draw great with some tutorials!!!

@Tag-: T-H-O-S-E things really HELPFUL!!! THX TAG!!!! Bless you!!! XD
I've searched some tuts too, with a little of my time left before I went to someplace. And all I could find were some basics. I really should do a really detailed one with all tuts you gave me!!!...maybe in the next 2 days or so... GAH!! I hate my piano now! Check out for next pic I'll add, just a prove that I'll use your tuts for good!!
Once again: Bless you Tag-!! XP

ps: I just went what?? after seeing they use that many layers. I guess just 2 layers I usually use isn't enough, eh?
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#77 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

I'm pretty sure you'll figure out how to make the colors appear as you want. After all you just gotta get used to the program and figure out how it ticks. Which is good that Tag provided you those links. ^^

And yes. There are some people who use a ton of layers. For some, so it's easier to know which layer is for what. The others, idk since I'm not a psychic. XD
ImageImageImageImage

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#78 Post by TsukiShima »

http://himitsu-nk.deviantart.com/art/Tu ... -265881325

Himitsu (an artist I admire) made a tutorial recently, she's using SAI and it covered a lot for me, so I just felt like sharing.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#79 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@Sunlit: hehehhe, idk if I can start drawing in at least the next 5 days or so. Gonna run out of town!! XD I'll b sure to try SAI again after I got my hand on it.
sent you a pm <3

@Hana: Thaaankkk youuu soo muccchhh, Hanaaa!!! *u* I really need every tut I can get, just so I could really understand what SAI is. (Not a fast learner, I know)
I'm so gonna put this into good use!!! Bless you Hana!!! /^3^/
0.3 second lunch

Celestine
Veteran

#80 Post by Celestine »

Good looking sprite. I love the hair ties on her head.
Did a good job on bone structure and with her hand wrist posture and flesh tones.

I like how you drew her eyelashes and blush on her cheeks. It really makes her eyes pop.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#81 Post by JustAnotherMe »

@celestine: Hehehhee, thanksss! It's just a really crappy drawing though, first time using SAI anyway.
@_@ I never really taken attention with her eyes before, but I think you're right!

@HigurashiKira: done!! ^^

Don't see the bg! Don't see the proportion!! Don't see the stupid color!!!
a really hard time with sai...
a really hard time with sai...
Uhmmm, somehow, I really remember about Ed from full metal alchemist T_T

And since it's still in the mood of halloween, I guess I wanna share something. Not my works, but it'll be sure to give you who have guts a heart attack. http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.n ... 0217&no=31
mmm... I don't go with bloods as what I planned it to be...
mmm... I don't go with bloods as what I planned it to be...
I... failed resisting to draw him with glasses... And I didn't go as I planned before. I planned to make his face covered in blood and he's licking the blood. Ugh... Failed with the hair too...
0.3 second lunch

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly

#82 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

I see it aaaaallll JAM! Bwuahahahahahaha! And wow you really did try to go for the creepy look! XD But that's good to move out of your comfort zone to try new things.

Ignoring the stuff that you want me to, well, ignore (XD), you did a pretty good job on the hair. I can really picture someone irl with their hair being like that while leaning/propping their head in that way.

As for the other one, at first I didn't realize that was his tongue. Until I read your comment below it. But you did a LOVELY job on the hands and clothing. Won't say skin since you originally wanted blood splattered all over it. XP Nice try with the glasses. They're pretty tricky to do since you have to make them even. It looks a little tilted which is understandable since on of the leg frames (or whatever they're called), well, they're both different sizes. The left is slimmer than the one on the right. (And of course I see your different sized ears toooooo XF) Hmm....I think I know why you don't like the hair so much. The hairline is supposed to be a little higher I believe. Since it's so close to his face, his forehead kinda looks...small. Then again many people have different sizes of foreheads (and headshapes) so who really knows?

And I am NOT going to click that link. I have a feeling it's one of those scary Korean webtoons that you scroll down...*saw the one with....the woman...in the pajamas...* ><
ImageImageImageImage

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#83 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Wh- whyyyyyy???? Why oh why you're so good at noticing my weaknesses?!?! Oh, I can't fool you. I'll try to learn how to fool your eyes!! XP And whyyyyyy you saw those things??? TAT (but it's okay since you IGNORED that XDDD)

Ehmmmm... I'm still learning on balancing the proportions of eyes, ears, and GLASSES... /fail

That hair! It's not just because the forehead is too small, but I'm still not satisfied at all in how I color hair! I can't bring it to look like strands of hair! A good strands of hair!!!... Oh, I feel I'm hated by all the hair in the world...

Oh, I know it's hard to trick you!!! Why must you already know about that comic?! I really wished I could give you a heart attack!!! >=D (of course I GOT a heart attack before... damn that animation in the end of the comic... damn that woman in the pajamas... damn that curiosity...)
Last edited by JustAnotherMe on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
0.3 second lunch

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#84 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Nothing escape my sharp eyes for details. *shing* Nooooooooooothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. Okay some things do miss it since I can't notice everything depending on my mood. XD

dw, we all have trouble with proportion. Especially glasses since it's not something people draw all the time when they draw people.

Is it because of the halo highlight? It is pretty tricky to show strands of hair with a single highlight. (Yes I said single since it's the halo type) And dw you're not hated. Look at all the other artwork you've done and its hair!

And I already know about that comic from my boyfriend. He gave me the link a month or so back. When I got to the first animation I was too scared to continue since it was.....late at night. Then the next day I got him to give me the link again so I could read/watch the entire thing during the day with my little brother and little sister who LOVE horror. (And I kept freaking out since my lil sis kept scrolling up after the animations to look at them frame by frame...and punch the screen for whatever reason) She even said "This isn't scary". Yeah....cuz she's a horror freak and it was daytime. (2nd animation freaked me out more ><) I shall never look at a Korean webtoon again. I KNOW there's other scary ones.
ImageImageImageImage

JustAnotherMe
Veteran

#85 Post by JustAnotherMe »

Finally, my health isn't so worst so now I can draw a little. To: Lumen_chan. (It's not looking like Sirius...)
Lumen_Astrum.jpg
God... I just knew that my tablet have pressure sensitivity which make me able to draw from bold to thin lines... I just need to update it from wacom site...

HOW CAN IT BE?????????? RRAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!

@Rin: you asked for sketch... right?
rin.jpg
0.3 second lunch

Celestine
Veteran

#86 Post by Celestine »

Nice kimono girl she looks whimsy.
The background looks like it was airbrushed, neat.
I like the flowers and ribbon makes me want to do that with my hair if it was still long.
I like how soft and petite her lips look. I swear that has to be like the classiest way to draw girls lips just with that soft touch.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.