Help! Lacking something!

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

Re: Help! Lacking something!

#31 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Green Skies wrote:I know this is completely going against rabbit's advice but:
Missed the disclaimer at the start of that advice, eh? ::points down at added emphasis::
LateWhiteRabbit wrote: While you're learning its cool to show unfinished pieces and what not for feedback,
The suit is better, but his shirt collar still has too much space between it and his neck. His hair is too shiny now, and makes no sense. The wide band of highlights (which is using too much white - remember?) and the very dark top of the hair and lower hair actually makes his hair look very flat. You've got too much contrast in the hair now, in other words.

Skin looks much better, and the head is in a better ratio with the body.

You still need to use line weights like I and Deji have been saying, though.

Green Skies
Regular
Projects: Shoot The Moon (GXB Otome)
Organization: Green Skies

Re: Help! Lacking something!

#32 Post by Green Skies »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote: The suit is better, but his shirt collar still has too much space between it and his neck. His hair is too shiny now, and makes no sense. The wide band of highlights (which is using too much white - remember?) and the very dark top of the hair and lower hair actually makes his hair look very flat. You've got too much contrast in the hair now, in other words.
Okay :) The hair looked wrong in all of the other ones as well, so I had to uh, try something new. (obviously not for the better, but I'll try again!)
I did read it, but the bottom part sort of overrode it for me. But I'm super happy that what you said didn't insinuate what I thought it did.
Do you think I should use the pen tool then? Or a thicker line?
I'm really really terrible at lineart. :(
JustAnotherMe wrote:...you're using mainly water tool right?
Nope! Mostly marker and pencil.
I don't quite understand what you are saying.. but I'll try my best!
Current Project: Shoot the Moon // Devblog