Hardest step when drawing.

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Zylinder
Veteran

Re: Hardest step when drawing.

#31 Post by Zylinder »

The hardest for me is lineart, which is probably why I stopped doing it. It feels like drudgery. I'm not sure if it's my tablet (pro artists never seem to have this problem, from the timelapses that I've seen) but my lines in Photoshop make me look like I'm drawing in the freezer and my hand is shivering throughout the entire process.

Not to mention, since I'm just a beginner, I tend to get the proportions wrong and when I notice it while coloring... Yeah, correcting is a huge pain.

As for the hotkeys, I don't know what I'd do without them. I only have four buttons on my Bamboo, two of which is zoom in/out which I use all the time. Color picker/undo/flip I have to pick from the keyboard, but using hotkeys save a lot of time. Half the time I don't even know where things are in the menus DX

Evangelica

#32 Post by Evangelica »

Designing. Definitely designing.

Enough said. I actually like the inking process on SAI, it's smooth and fast. I find it enjoyable but only with the brush tool. The pen tool in SAI kills me. I also find colouring and shading extremely fun to do. Really, I think my favourite part of drawing is colouring. It's fun experimenting and trying out new methods to achieve different looks.

But designing? Once I sketch the main composition of the piece down, I get stuck with the clothing, hairstyle and whatnot. Then I have to search up piles of references, mostly for clothing. Not to mention clothing folds also pain me.

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#33 Post by MioSegami »

To me It's actually line art. During sketching, my hype is still up until the down fall comes line art T^T. It's soo boring in my opinion >.< And I'm not the great and making a good line art >.e. The line art makes me lose patience, and as well motivation sometime since it's quite a long process, or just being a lazy person ^-^;;. I personally love shading because I can really tell the picture coming to life. Also adding the right effects too ^-^!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%