Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#2941 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

My part of an art trade I am doing with someone on DA :)
Rider Art Trade.jpg

Kimiko
Regular

#2942 Post by Kimiko »

@ EternalDream: Thank you! x3~
@ Nimu-chan: Thanks! Well… my friend first thought that it's a very big grin o__o' So I was wondering if people could recognize it! xD

@ Auro-Cyanide: Wooow! That’s AMAZING! :O I want your drawing skills… T__T
I'm going to smile like nothing's wrong. Talk like everything's perfect, act like it’s all a dream and pretend it's not hurting me.

Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

#2943 Post by Nimuell »

@ Kimiko: That's nothing ^^ Well I recognized it right away ;)
@ Auro-Cyanide: I thought of Zuko at first, looking at this drawing before reading actual description :D
Looks really great *u*
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#2944 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Kimiko and Nimu-chan, thank you.
Yeah, I keep thinking Zuko too, I think it is the combination of the eye scar and the colour scheme.

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#2945 Post by Tachyglossus »

Wow, Auro, that is an awesome pick. I really like how you added depth by blurring the arm closer to us, making it out of focus! I should do that the enxt time i try to draw a picture of someone pointing a gun at the 'audience'... but that'd just be so people can't tell that I stink at drawing guns.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#2946 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Tachyglossus D: You know my secret! Now I must kill you... Anyway, thank you ^^ It is pretty easy to do. I just duplicated the art layer twice and applied a gaussian blur to one and a motion blur on the other and than masked out the bits I did not need.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#2947 Post by OtomeWeekend »

*envies Auro Cynide* You gotta tell us more of all of your secrets!!! *points a pen and paper* XDD

that was really awesome! Super likes!!(what's this? Facebook?)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#2948 Post by Snowflower »

Auro-Cynide... you're.... AWESOME!
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#2949 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@OtomeWeekend and Snowflower, thank you ^^ The actual drawing is the hardest bit, the rest of it is pretty easy. Drawing doesn't have many secrets though, just hard work D:

This is some fanart I did for Rock Robin after playing the demo. OMG Dallas, marry me.
Dallas.jpg

Tachyglossus
Regular

#2950 Post by Tachyglossus »

Nice ambience there, got a street-light flood light look with stark, cool shadows and nifty rain effects. I even like the puff of warm air coming out of his mouth. Although I would have highlighted some of the rain streaks in a subtle amber to go with the street-light look. But, wow, I just love your art.

And now for something completely different! (In other words, my exploration of the free trial of Sai. It's a bit sloppy and sort of... random)
Attachments
Full-arsenal pomeranian robot!
Full-arsenal pomeranian robot!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#2951 Post by lordcloudx »

I made a new avatar today
Attachments
eileenavatar.png
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#2952 Post by Taleweaver »

lordcloudx wrote:I made a new avatar today
Looks familiar ^_^
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Glasskitten
Regular
Completed: I confess to nothing! \(>o<)/

#2953 Post by Glasskitten »

I made a doodle image to practice with my tablet in Photoshop...DAYS ago. I didn't anticipate taking so much time with it. ;_;
Sorry for the wasted space. That certainly wasn't planned, and by now I just want to be finished with this set of doodles and don't want to fill in the empty areas.

Because every visual novelist needs a character named Alice, and my mad scientist needed a tea party buddy, the girl in the corner is Princess Alice of *Wonderland, Idk, whose diplomatic relations with *Oz, Idk require many tea parties.

Shoot, I didn't notice that her wings reached farther out than the tentacle. That makes the latter look like it's coming out of nowhere rather than simply being outside the drawing. Eh, pretend it's coming from a wormhole. It probably is; wormholes are a common commodity in that locality. They're usually prettier and...visible, though.

I couldn't figure out how long hair might fall around wings AND something draped around the shoulders; I had to just guess. I also didn't know quite where to place the hair highlights. Or any highlights. Or some of the shadows. Eh.
^---Hurray, perfectionism has been grievously wounded!

*Unrelated to the classical works of fiction they are named for; the people of the world of Idk just like naming things after the stories they remember from Earth. Eventually several laws were passed in both countries forbidding citizens from naming anything ELSE after Lewis Caroll's or L. Frank Baum's work.
Attachments
TabletPractice2011-05-13.jpg
Grand list of things not officially canceled:
Salt -- the heartwarming story of brain-eating space worms
Tangent -- an epic poem and/or novel about a borderline-autistic Martian imp and her relationship with God
Kittens of the Darned -- a grimdark soap opera about sexy catgirls (Indefinitely postponed until I learn to draw and color realistically)
The Other Mary -- the most perfect fic about the most perfect Mary Sue EVER
Rockheart -- a short story about a monster who kills everyone
Corrupted -- a completely different short story about a monster who kills everyone (late Worst Visual Novel Ever)
Checkpoint 36a -- the transcription of a short multi-ending dream about time travel and undead schoolgirls
In Which the Princess is Kidnapped -- an entry in the "ordinary girl ends up in an alien universe and tries to save it" genre
Pictogram Scramble: Magical Friendship Bunny Ivy -- a Flash game about a magical girl making friends (Indefinitely postponed until I learn how friendship works)

Tachyglossus
Regular

#2954 Post by Tachyglossus »

We-ell let's see here, I decided to drop this in here. I'm not sure whether or not I'll be using it for something. I'm still exploring Paint Tool Sai, and liking it more and more as I use it.

So how's this for a plain, old', boring female? Not particularily fat nor thin, pretty nor ugly, just plain.
Attachments
tal1.png

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#2955 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

That looks really nice Tachyglossus :D I especially like how you have done the skin. However, I think your facial features need to be changed a bit and the shoulders need to be a little broader. Like this:
help 10.jpg
And this was a quicky i did last night testing out a slightly different style~
Random Purple haired girl.jpg