Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#151 Post by lordcloudx »

oooh ahh! The colors in that one... oooh the colors.

ah well... that much is still beyond me.
Now then here's one of mine. It's a foot. Yeah... that's it, a foot.
Attachments
foot.jpg
foot.jpg (10.23 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#152 Post by papillon »

My turn!

Even though I don't plan to do my own art for future games if I can help it, I still enjoy drawing. :)
Attachments
falling.jpg
falling.jpg (26.17 KiB) Viewed 1545 times

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#153 Post by PyTom »

papillon wrote:Even though I don't plan to do my own art for future games if I can help it, I still enjoy drawing. :)
To be honest, I don't understand why. I don't see any sort of Total Order between the quality of your temporary/posted art and that of the art you have commisioned for games.

(Although, to be fair, I'm not 100% clear which games have commissioned art, and which do not.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#154 Post by papillon »

(Although, to be fair, I'm not 100% clear which games have commissioned art, and which do not.)
... that's 'cause NONE of my games have been properly done by an artist. :)

I've never had any budget to go around, so I've only been able to pay for an image here and there. Summer Schoolgirls's 3d-rendered backgrounds were not done by me, but everything else was, including a couple of backgrounds that didn't get finished in time - and they're very obvious. The image used on the title screen and wallpaper for Kishi is commissioned, but everything else in it was drawn by me. The inked art that shows up between levels in Pentagraph is not mine, but the sprites and other things are me (mostly - I got help with the female sprite's walk animation.) And that's pretty much how it goes. It's all mostly mine with a little bit of flair to try and tie up the package.

Cute Knight and Summer Schoolgirls have both been enough of a success and gotten enough complaints about my terrible art to justify putting some serious investment into Fatal Hearts instead of just throwing out $50 for someone to make one nice picture. Even now, I'll still probably end up keeping SOME work I did myself for the individual puzzles, because it's more important to have the visual novel segments looking nice.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#155 Post by Vatina »

Hi, I'm new here ^^
Just poking around and thought that I might as well start out by posting some art, since I finally registered...

Here's one:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/17873757/

Sorry, no colors on this one ^^;

TMBpower >> I really like your chibi's, they're so cute! And you're great at cg'ing!

Iaman
Regular

#156 Post by Iaman »

Well, it's been a while since I visited here, hasn't it?

I guess I should show some of the stuff I've been doing lately, so here ya go:
Attachments
animal thing.png
animal thing.png (66.93 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
equestrian(smaller).png
(387.9 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
posestudy(resize).png
(77.68 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
I have no pants!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#157 Post by papillon »

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/35132934/

Once in a while, a picture turns out more or less like I meant it to. :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#158 Post by rioka »

Hey! I didn't know you had a deviant account! :goes and puts papillon to friends list:

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#159 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

hmm hmm hmmmm

EDIT: I should mention, this was drawn by snow shine, not me. And it's a preliminary sketch.

Vatina >> Wow... very impressive. I like it a lot
Attachments
mmBG-sketch.png
mmBG-sketch.png (180.1 KiB) Viewed 1529 times

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#160 Post by lordcloudx »

Since this thread has been revived... my turn!

She's a combination of two anime girls I like. One of em is getting more than her fair share of popularity right now.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

Radical Dreamers Wars 2002

#161 Post by lordcloudx »

here's a shocker...

until you look a little bit closer.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#162 Post by monele »

Hmm.. There's no way the artist can draw at 60 frames per second... unless maybe he's helped by three Dennis (aka 3D acceleration). Therefore, this is fake ? :)
But most importantly : can you use the girl as a striker ? :)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#163 Post by lordcloudx »

yep it's a fake... not a bad job eh? Though I wanted to answer that question after I'd fooled a few more people. The background is from melty blood. The chibis are mine.

Just a random thought that popped into my head. I'd do a game like this too if I had a few more artists helping me. Super Cosplay Wars anyone?

The girl would be like a resident nuisance helping the other jarel by restoring health or throwing some projectiles at the other player. Totally AI controlled with random behavior.

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#164 Post by DrakeNavarone »

Or maybe a tag team combo like Hisui and Kohaku? Eh, I don't use them that much... better with Ciel...

But I did like the pic. Good for a quick laugh, and I recognized the background instantly... Ah, that would be cool if only it was real...
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#165 Post by Watercolorheart »

Here's mine for my game. Fanart, yeah? 'Course it's a fan game I'm making, but I don't know if the Ren'Ai archives'll take it officially ...
Attachments
ah_1151620499098_sonic_blazestill.png
ah_1151620499098_sonic_blazestill.png (379.39 KiB) Viewed 1540 times