Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Roiya
Regular
Projects: unnamed project

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#3691 Post by Roiya »

a quick colored sketch of a friend's oc. i still need some practice with hands and anatomy....im not used to drawing children
My DEVIANTART=) contact me there for commisions or recruitment if you likey my art
looking for a project to join
http://roiyachan.deviantart.com/
projects i am helping:
Scattered Starlight (GxB, GxG),
feel free to contact me though if you have an interesting one^^

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#3692 Post by Coren »

Title screen for Ribbon of Green :D The external special effects courtesy of Lumen.

Roiya
Regular

#3693 Post by Roiya »

Kirroha wrote:Title screen for Ribbon of Green :D The external special effects courtesy of Lumen.

ooh that looks pretty!
My DEVIANTART=) contact me there for commisions or recruitment if you likey my art
projects i am helping:

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#3694 Post by Hijiri »

Small art-dump ahoy!

First, a gender-bending of Morgan Ester:
Yes, even as a male, she is still scary. (And not much different as well. He still heavily ressembes his female self)

Second, a test to see if I can make a guy look like he should be at least 40. I succeded(?):
Opinions on this character design as well?
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

lilangelmamimi

#3695 Post by lilangelmamimi »

hello. I'm Mamimi and I'm new around here so...

this is my beloved Julius~
He is very mischievous~

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#3696 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Thank you very one who has given comments and advice. It has been very useful since I'm not sure what I am doing.

So, I tried doing emotions and... it was not as hard as I thought it would be. Actually, it may just be easier. So I got myself all worried over nothing :/

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#3697 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Thank you very one who has given comments and advice. It has been very useful since I'm not sure what I am doing.

So, I tried doing emotions and... it was not as hard as I thought it would be. Actually, it may just be easier. So I got myself all worried over nothing :/

You need to push the expressions more to get them to read better. I know the style is realistic, but a little exaggeration doesn't hurt. And remember that the eyes NARROW when smiling or glaring. And the jaw is a hinge - if his mouth is open, his chin should be lower. Try it yourself - even a very small parting of the lips or teeth moves your chin down. And the shading on his nasal-labial folds should change depending on the position of his mouth.

His surprised expression is good, but his smiling and angry expressions are almost completely lost compared to his neutral expression. The smile doesn't read in his eye area (and it should), and there is no furrowing of his brow with the angry expression like should be present.

I nitpick because you are so very close. :)

And for fun and help:

Roiya
Regular

#3698 Post by Roiya »

this is my current work in progress in the sketch process. i need some help with his pose and anatomy. i feel like something is off? but i cant put my finger on what. ive been flipping my image around to see . i think maybe his shoulders are off?
projects i am helping:

Endorphin
Veteran

#3699 Post by Endorphin »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:Thank you very one who has given comments and advice. It has been very useful since I'm not sure what I am doing.

You need to push the expressions more to get them to read better. I know the style is realistic, but a little exaggeration doesn't hurt. And remember that the eyes NARROW when smiling or glaring. And the jaw is a hinge - if his mouth is open, his chin should be lower. Try it yourself - even a very small parting of the lips or teeth moves your chin down. And the shading on his nasal-labial folds should change depending on the position of his mouth.

His surprised expression is good, but his smiling and angry expressions are almost completely lost compared to his neutral expression. The smile doesn't read in his eye area (and it should), and there is no furrowing of his brow with the angry expression like should be present.

I nitpick because you are so very close. :)

And for fun and help:
You're sure? =o
Maybe it's a personal thing? o_o

Personally, I think they are perfect. Wouldn't really exaggerate it further.
But that could be just me, as I have a thing for "slight" emotion changes. =)
(These are just fine, I think.)

- R.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#3700 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Emotions are definitely something I need to work on.

I made some changes, though they are like super subtle XD I do think the smiling eye ones look much better now. I had added in some of the wrinkles that form around the corners before, but now I also painted in more of the curve caused by the cheek. I didn't fiddle with the frown too much because he never gets angry angry in the story, just might frown at something. He's pretty stoic. I'll have my work cut out for me with the girl though.
Detective-Emotions-Example2.png

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#3701 Post by Androol »

It seems you are telling him a twisted joke for the second shot. He enjoyed it more than the first one, no doubt. The chin down has a good effect too. For the third expression, I see you add some lines between the brows, it looks like the good things to do logically. You certainly increase the realism a little but I can't honestly tell it to change a lot of the face language. The fist look is not really less or more annoyed than the second shot.

I add my own stone to this damage (whatever this word can possibly mind, my english/french dictionary failed me.)

A pathetic attempts to do a photobased background to use behind 3d sprit character. I didn't find any way to make my photo look more 3d render like but I do something else instead.

Better than what I was expecting to achieve in the short time i had but not really good neither. I am particularly annoyed be the sky who still looks to photographic, and a litte less by the ground who look to filtered despite my manual atempt with classic brush and manual blur brush in gimp.

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#3702 Post by Androol »

@ Roiya:
Your trouble for the shoulder is more perspective related than anatomic. I have made a little test to see if my theory was right.

The part of the shirt spoted with a red circle was wrong too for perspective reason, the height of the wings either.

I can't help for the pose and anatomy, they look good to me, maybe other can.

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos

#3703 Post by nyaatrap »

Roiya wrote:this is my current work in progress in the sketch process. i need some help with his pose and anatomy. i feel like something is off? but i cant put my finger on what. ive been flipping my image around to see . i think maybe his shoulders are off?
I think it's good enough. But if you allow me to give my nitpicking, his center of balance is off. Just trying to imagine where his legs are on.. It looks he is standing as if he is like a metal rod. if his head is sticked out from his breast, then his hip also should do.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#3704 Post by Sapphi »

I come bringing gifts concept art...
Please help me, I'm not good at drawing men. OTL

His wonky pose aside (I redrew his legs SO MANY TIMES), are his hips too wide in relation to his shoulders? If I made them any smaller, they would be really tiny, but if I made his shoulders any bigger they would be huge. I'm trying to cut back on my bad habit of making everyone's shoulders ginormous. For reference, he is supposed to be decently tall and pretty thin (because he doesn't always remember to eat... :lol: ).

Also, WAISTCOATS WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO DRAW
Last edited by Sapphi on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EternalDandelions

#3705 Post by EternalDandelions »

Sapphi wrote:I come bringing gifts concept art...
Please help me, I'm not good at drawing men. OTL
yuri.jpg
His wonky pose aside (I redrew his legs SO MANY TIMES), are his hips too wide in relation to his shoulders? If I made them any smaller, they would be really tiny, but if I made his shoulders any bigger they would be huge. I'm trying to cut back on my bad habit of making everyone's shoulders ginormous. For reference, he is supposed to be decently tall and pretty thin (because he doesn't always remember to eat... :lol: ).

Also, WAISTCOATS WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO DRAW
I like how you drew the folds OAO