Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#4681 Post by 15385bic »

@wingzofdarkness - oh geez that colouring~ OMG he looks so good ;D

@Auro-Cyanide - agrees - about time you did an otome 8D
the characters look cool~

@HanaMori - if your pressure sensitivity isnt working then yes the lines generally go harder throughout...but it looks like its still has varying thickness so that might not be the problem,...hmm try reinstalling ur tablet driver and if that doesn't work - well I have no clue ^^'

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#4682 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Another character concept. I must say I am enjoying these.

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#4683 Post by Sharm »

HanaMori: Looks like the brush's opacity got changed, it shouldn't be too hard to change back. No way that it's your tablet though, the stroke variation still works.

Auro-Cyanide: I love how your guys aren't teenagers! I always feel like some sort of cougar playing most Otome games. The armored man is my current fave. I like the flirty guys. Your sketchy for fun drawings look better than my finished line art, I am quite envious of your skill.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#4684 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Sharm wrote:Auro-Cyanide: I love how your guys aren't teenagers! I always feel like some sort of cougar playing most Otome games. The armored man is my current fave. I like the flirty guys. Your sketchy for fun drawings look better than my finished line art, I am quite envious of your skill.
I'm too old for teenagers -w- My guys are going to be early to late 20's mostly. DEFINETILY over eighteen. I can kind of get away with playing high school otome games because technically your character is a high schooler too, but it's not really what I find attractive anyway and I'll do what I want. I like the armoured man too, though I'll probably have to fight Camille to keep his beard XD The first guy is most mine though and kinda confirmed as a character. Not his design though, I'm not sure if I'm happy with his hair.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#4685 Post by TsukiShima »

15385bic wrote: @HanaMori - if your pressure sensitivity isnt working then yes the lines generally go harder throughout...but it looks like its still has varying thickness so that might not be the problem,...hmm try reinstalling ur tablet driver and if that doesn't work - well I have no clue ^^'
Sharm wrote:HanaMori: Looks like the brush's opacity got changed, it shouldn't be too hard to change back. No way that it's your tablet though, the stroke variation still works.
I've adjusted and tried the size, density, pressure and all, but the size changed indeed and the style, but the lines are still 'hard' and not as 'soft' as it used to be.
I asked some few others, it seemed there's a few causes, but until I get home, I can't do anything about it right now. The disc for the installation was left at home, so yeah.

And also one of my friends suggested that it might the pen itself, 'if it isn't sharp anymore, this happens', she said. But I wonder if that really could be a cause?
But if it really is, then I'm relieved! I fear to touch the any of the program's settings.

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#4686 Post by GeneDNC »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Another character concept. I must say I am enjoying these.

Love these sketches. I think I like archer guy best, but maybe just because of the action pose. Armour guy is in second place.

Also I know these are concept sketches, but archer guy needs a strap or something to keep the quiver on his back, unless he has medieval anti-gravity powers ^__^

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#4687 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

GeneDNC wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:Love these sketches. I think I like archer guy best, but maybe just because of the action pose. Armour guy is in second place.

Also I know these are concept sketches, but archer guy needs a strap or something to keep the quiver on his back, unless he has medieval anti-gravity powers ^__^
lol, I know XD I was lying in bed last night and remembered I forgot the strap. And then it bothered me until I fell asleep. I think I've also got the quiver on the wrong side? You would have it closet to that arm right?

junna
Veteran
Projects: DreamWalker; History; Adversity Competition

#4688 Post by junna »

Auro-Cyanide wrote: lol, I know XD I was lying in bed last night and remembered I forgot the strap. And then it bothered me until I fell asleep. I think I've also got the quiver on the wrong side? You would have it closet to that arm right?
Unless he's left handed. and the bow looks almost like a yumi bow (short one side, long the other) instead of a longbow. And from my Renn fest experience that bow is bloody hard to target with. ^^;;
I liked the recurve longbow better.

Also...maybe go watch some Legolas (yay for Leggy!) action to see where to put the strap thingy (excuse to watch LotR if it was me)
Last edited by junna on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
chibi avvie by Meg (buprettyinpink).
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

GeneDNC
Veteran

#4689 Post by GeneDNC »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:lol, I know XD I was lying in bed last night and remembered I forgot the strap. And then it bothered me until I fell asleep. I think I've also got the quiver on the wrong side? You would have it closet to that arm right?
Yes the fletchings (feather things) should come out above the shoulder of the hand he's using to pull them out. Also note that by your drawing he is left eye dominant (which usually also means left handed, but not always). A left eye dominant person pulls the bowstring with their left hand.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#4690 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@GeneDNC and Jenna, Oh wow, thanks :D I've only really pulled a bow once in my entire life so I know next to nothing about them and I didn't study for this image. If he sticks around as a character I promise to do more thorough research (and I know who to ask now when I want to know how bows work XD). I'll need to do more study on maaaaaany things for this game since it's set in another time/world like armour, clothing, environments etc.

junna
Veteran

#4691 Post by junna »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:@GeneDNC and Jenna, Oh wow, thanks :D I've only really pulled a bow once in my entire life so I know next to nothing about them and I didn't study for this image. If he sticks around as a character I promise to do more thorough research (and I know who to ask now when I want to know how bows work XD). I'll need to do more study on maaaaaany things for this game since it's set in another time/world like armour, clothing, environments etc.
^^;; I wanted to take kyudo (art of the bow opposed to kendo, art of the sword) and I was obsessed with Leggy for years so...I did research a lot about archery...... just don't ask me about what the bows are made of. I'd probably answer you "Mallorn branch and elven thread"

umm.. speaking about armours...the armoured guy will have to stay in one spot once he wears that armour. his leg armour can't work because there's no, reticulation, I think, for his ankle. (again, my obsession with LotR is shining through here. T_T thank god I am in Middle Earth)

edit: and yes...feel free to ask.
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#4692 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

junna wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:@GeneDNC and Jenna, Oh wow, thanks :D I've only really pulled a bow once in my entire life so I know next to nothing about them and I didn't study for this image. If he sticks around as a character I promise to do more thorough research (and I know who to ask now when I want to know how bows work XD). I'll need to do more study on maaaaaany things for this game since it's set in another time/world like armour, clothing, environments etc.
^^;; I wanted to take kyudo (art of the bow opposed to kendo, art of the sword) and I was obsessed with Leggy for years so...I did research a lot about archery...... just don't ask me about what the bows are made of. I'd probably answer you "Mallorn branch and elven thread"

umm.. speaking about armours...the armoured guy will have to stay in one spot once he wears that armour. his leg armour can't work because there's no, reticulation, I think, for his ankle. (again, my obsession with LotR is shining through here. T_T thank god I am in Middle Earth)

I would probably say Yew or something from what I know of the Fantasy genre XD

Oh, he is wearing leather armour as opposed to metal, but you are right. I'll have to study how it's meant to all fit together and work to allow movement. I don't mind having a bit of creative freedom, but that is very different from just being lazy about it. I want to create something that is believable after all.

And you, you are not allowed to go anywhere. I will find you :3

junna
Veteran

#4693 Post by junna »

Auro-Cyanide wrote: I would probably say Yew or something from what I know of the Fantasy genre XD

Oh, he is wearing leather armour as opposed to metal, but you are right. I'll have to study how it's meant to all fit together and work to allow movement. I don't mind having a bit of creative freedom, but that is very different from just being lazy about it. I want to create something that is believable after all.

then you shall learn my username properly... muahaha. *cough, cough*
lol...looked like metal the first time I saw that.

and yup, yew is generally used because it's supple (read here, bendable). The strings could possibly be hemp or flax(linen) since those were strong fibres available in times of old. XD

I'm gonna go nowhere. No worries. AND it's almost summer for me. You'd probably catch me seriously wallowing in bed :p
WIP=>Image
Image<=helping out

GeneDNC
Veteran

#4694 Post by GeneDNC »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:
junna wrote:

I would probably say Yew or something from what I know of the Fantasy genre XD

Yew was a very common material used in Europe so that's probably safe, but bows were made from lots of different materials, basically dependent on where the people lived and what they had available. For example bamboo can be used for a yumi bow that was mentioned earlier.

I used to do archery for a few years but haven't practiced in a while, so yeah ask away when you get to that stage of the character design.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#4695 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Whooo, this is fantastic. You two are very knowledgable!

Here is another design. Don't trust him. I have one more guy that I want to sketch out, and then it will be back to BCM.