Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#5311 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

@ Auro-Cyanide: And you made it! Give a big pat to yourself, your sanity has successfully handled that background very well, it looks very neat! A very good job indeed :D

@ Kirroha: :O That looks really good! I agree with wakagana though, the nose looks slightly misplaced lol who am I to judge I can't even paint right :'D

So, I finally remember why I never bothered to draw fanart =_=;;
preview.jpg
My friend asked me to draw Ittoki(left) and Tokiya(right) here.
I really think that I anatomically messed something up here, like, something major that I'm missing. Could anyone give me some tips to fix it? Just the anatomy though, I haven't finished much of the details yet. I'm betting that I got their sizes completely wrong or that I'm just too paranoid of the artist drawing her men big :'D
Maybe I should have just post this in Deji's redline thread, I don't know, she might be busy ^_^;;

Endorphin
Veteran

#5312 Post by Endorphin »

Auro
I'll always look up to you because of lineart. It's so clean. <3
You did a good job, hun!

pwisaguacate
Wow, you did such a great job with the colours!
It's really pretty. :>

Kirroha
That probably depends on how realistic you want your realism. :'D
The only thing I can say apart from style is that you'd have to clean up a little, as there are some black leftovers in the middle of the face and the edges are far from clean. And yes, the nose could use some rotation.
I like the atmosphere, though~

nero279
Wish I could help you, but I suck in anatomy myself. (Though I have the feeling that Ittokis rib cage doesn't fit together with his arm. [The one with the microphone.])
The hands are looking great, by the way. =D

Topic
Working on Caleb's sprite--don't be surprised that the body's still missing, the image is actually an accident. :'D
(I had a sketch of him in my notebook and wanted to try a different colouring style but painted his face like usual in the process. How does that even happen?)
Messiest sprite I ever had since I decided somewhere in the middle that I can actually use this and started cutting out and separating parts. /fail
Well, it's still rather rough, it's more a colour test, I guess.

- En.

mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

#5313 Post by mysterialize »

@Obscura - Thank you so much! The fix looks excellent as well. Dat new hand.

@Endorphin - Those eyes. I'm in love with those eyes. The hair's also looking great, even at a rough stage. His part seems a little high for its point on his head, though. At that point there should probably be something of a dip downward. His lips also look like they might be a bit small when compared to his nose. Something the scale just seems every so slightly off, though I'm having trouble placing it. I'm feeling fairly certain it's the lip to nose ratio, though. But eyes. I keep looking back to those lovely eyes.

Another face, this one for a friend, and colored. I haven't tried anything close to soft shading in quite some time, so I have no idea what I was doing here.

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#5314 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Blah, I haven't posted anything in ages. Like, literally almost two years. I have had no motivation to do any VN or writing in ages. I have been pretty bummed about that because I used to be so full of ideas and always drawing and thinking of the great things I wanted to make. Life has been pretty frustrating these past few years. I graduated university and worked a horrible job for a while. Then I got a really good job, but it was contract work. I'm unemployed right now, and I may be starting a new job next week. But I have had all this free time and I haven't done anything to make something new and exciting. How do I get motivated and passionate again? Is it even possible now?

TL;DR

I feel like a has-been, have pretty art.

See larger version and other work at daroldross.com

Live Life Heroically

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#5315 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

mysterialize wrote:@Obscura - Thank you so much! The fix looks excellent as well. Dat new hand.

@Endorphin - Those eyes. I'm in love with those eyes. The hair's also looking great, even at a rough stage. His part seems a little high for its point on his head, though. At that point there should probably be something of a dip downward. His lips also look like they might be a bit small when compared to his nose. Something the scale just seems every so slightly off, though I'm having trouble placing it. I'm feeling fairly certain it's the lip to nose ratio, though. But eyes. I keep looking back to those lovely eyes.

Another face, this one for a friend, and colored. I haven't tried anything close to soft shading in quite some time, so I have no idea what I was doing here.

Oh lol, this guy look exactly like Kakyoin from Jojo's bizarre adventure :

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#5316 Post by Hijiri »

Did a practice headshot. The sketchwork and stuff was all done with my tablet.
Kartal.png
I know, lazy coloring Orz
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#5317 Post by Nuxill »

Hijiri wrote:Did a practice headshot. The sketchwork and stuff was all done with my tablet.
Kartal.png
I know, lazy coloring Orz
The top of his ear is too high up. On most people the top of the ear is on the same line as the eyebrows, and the bottom is on the same line as the nose. You might also want to extend the shadows above the eyes to reach the eyebrows, since they rest right at the bottom of the forehead 'ridge'. Right now it kind of looks a bit like eyeshadow instead of actual shading because of that.

mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

#5318 Post by mysterialize »

@GuraGura: Oh, wow. I definitely see it.

I've been getting a lot of comparison's the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's art lately. Which is kind of funny, considering that I've never actually read it or watched it. Clearly I should. It's meant to be.

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#5319 Post by Omnificent »

And now for something slightly different.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#5320 Post by 15385bic »

AllegroDiRossi wrote: Image
wow that mask OoO!!!
so detailed and pretty

@auro - OMG you dont know how jelly i am at your backgrounds and the way you colour *A* (attempts to kidnap!)
@kirroha - great job at you first attempt at realism! O_O!!!

and here is something that almost killed MY sanity
pisces with ying and yang (well one of those fish will be black *A*! even if you cant tell by the drawing now)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#5321 Post by azureXtwilight »

I have mentioned in my thread before that Fantasia MOGF is going to be cancelled, and I feel like it's unfair for me to keep Zephyr's identity until the end. It's the thing that fans have been asking for.

So I am dumping this. It's my way of saying goodbye.
last.jpg

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#5322 Post by Coren »

azureXtwilight wrote:I have mentioned in my thread before that Fantasia MOGF is going to be cancelled, and I feel like it's unfair for me to keep Zephyr's identity until the end. It's the thing that fans have been asking for.

So I am dumping this. It's my way of saying goodbye.
last.jpg
What a pity. I could've picked it up. XD

DeeKay
Veteran

#5323 Post by DeeKay »

@15385bic

Okay, that's it !
* kneels and starts worshipping this lineart goddess *
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

Aines445
Regular

#5324 Post by Aines445 »

15385bic wrote: and here is something that almost killed MY sanity
pisces with ying and yang (well one of those fish will be black *A*! even if you cant tell by the drawing now)
And it killed mine too! That looks like something GODS would make! So jealous....<.< And that's my sign too! I gotta train more and more so I can be god-tier, like you! (Except with my own style, but yeah, I guess you got it XD)

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#5325 Post by TsukiShima »

It's been awhile since I drew something for myself. :)
And it's really hard to change your style of coloring, but I'm still trying!
artie2.png