Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
persephonii
Projects: Lust Princess [18+]
Tumblr: persephon-ii

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#7306 Post by persephonii »

I'm so happy with how these sprites came out... /cries
Attachments
CURTIS_SPRITE.png
seraprev2.png

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#7307 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

@ Auro-Cyanide: THOSE BLUE HUES OH MY Great work as usual, I really love the way you coloured those wings <3

@ persephonii: You should absolutely be proud of those sprites because the girl is just too cute aaaaahh Do you have a WIP thread up with those precious characters? Keep up the good work! OvO

So guess who's been sketching up CGs instead of studying for their exams...... again OTL
Attachments
remisc1.png

HopefulRomantic
Tumblr: hopefulromanticwriter

#7308 Post by HopefulRomantic »

nero279 wrote: So guess who's been sketching up CGs instead of studying for their exams...... again OTL
Do you sketch on a tablet or do you sketch on paper first?

persephonii
Projects: Lust Princess [18+]
Tumblr: persephon-ii

#7309 Post by persephonii »

@ nero279: Thank youuuu! (-///-) I do have a project thread but they're for an adult game so pursue at your own risk... xD;; I have a sfw art thread now though.

PS... you draw beautiful men... I am supremely jealous... just going to go rub my face on your art thread and hope I absorb some of the skill...

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#7310 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

HopefulRomantic wrote:Do you sketch on a tablet or do you sketch on paper first?
I mostly sketch and doodle on paper first! Though for this one I sketched it on the computer from the get-go ^^
persephonii wrote:Thank youuuu! (-///-) I do have a project thread but they're for an adult game so pursue at your own risk... xD;; I have a sfw art thread now though.

PS... you draw beautiful men... I am supremely jealous... just going to go rub my face on your art thread and hope I absorb some of the skill...
BEAUTIFUL MEN ARE MY PASSION
Right next to drawing cute girls but YEAH thank you for the compliment, I try my best hahaha!
Ahhhh I can't really access the r18 threads since I'm underage but I wish the best for your game, hopefully I'll be able to play it soon! I'll definitely check up on your art thread later, it'd be fun to see what more works you'll be able to create <3

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#7311 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Nero, lol yeah, thank god for his red eyes otherwise it would just be blue and more blue. And thank you ^_^ Your sketches look super adorable too!

Someone suggested Sakuya for my sketch practice, so I decided to try and do some expressions which are on my list of things I need to improve on. Along with a 1000 other things.
I literally can not imagine him with anything other than a Southern American accent thanks to Dodger.

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#7312 Post by Tempus »

Saw the pic in this tweet today and decided to see if I could model that twisty building shape. Was pretty fun! Not for a project or anything this time. Took maybe... 30 min? I dunno. Blender + Photoshop.

StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

Harick
Veteran

#7313 Post by Harick »

A hunter from the VN I'm working on, critiques welcome.

Edit: Decided to add a background and some stuff I forgot.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#7314 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Harick, What type of feedback are you looking for? Something in particular you want to work on? :)

Someone else suggested doing Nageki too, so here he is… *hugs him to my chest and weeps*
These are actually turning out to be good for me. I always need more sketching practice! I’m generally struggling with everyone’s hair.

Zylinder
Veteran

#7315 Post by Zylinder »

Thanks, JumpJump and HopefulRomantic!

I'm planning of offering character commissions eventually, so here's me trying to time myself. Here's some generic sprite at the 20-minute mark.

Harick
Veteran

#7316 Post by Harick »

@Auro-Cyanide Nothing in particular, just want to see if there's anything I didn't notice about it that I should work on.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#7317 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Harick, there are quite a few things I could mention, but in my experience they won't really be useful to you until you feel ready to work on them. Dumping the information on you now will probably just make you feel overwhelmed. What issues do /you/ see that we could help you with? If you can see them it probably means you are ready to work on them and have the means to do so, so something like that will mean we can offer actual useful hints and tips.

jfc his design is nuts, there are like 3+ crosses. Though given his JRPG story line it makes a lot of sense. He’s got little wings~~~
I'm basically practicing expressions with these, it's proving quite useful! I always struggle with yelling faces in particular.

Cakey
Regular
Deviantart: Ilsaaaaa

#7318 Post by Cakey »

Hi, I am new here :)
I wanted to know if I should change something or get better before i start to make my own otome game. I know that I have problems with coloring. Any critique or advice would be great. :)
Attachments
fairy.png

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#7319 Post by kisa »

Cakey wrote:Hi, I am new here :)
I wanted to know if I should change something or get better before i start to make my own otome game. I know that I have problems with coloring. Any critique or advice would be great. :)
I actually like the pastels with this character, you did a really good job!
For things you could improve on... I think the eyes might be a little too far angled inwards which gives her a bit of an "alien" look... But, other than that... I think if you want critique on your full style, you might want to post more than one character so that we can see how you do with different characters (Check for same face syndrome and such).

Good luck with your endeavor!

Edit because it's early in the morning and I forgot: You can start your otome at any art level you so choose, we're not going to judge unless you ask us to. ouob
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

Cakey
Regular
Deviantart: Ilsaaaaa

#7320 Post by Cakey »

kisa wrote:
Cakey wrote:Hi, I am new here :)
I actually like the pastels with this character, you did a really good job!
For things you could improve on... I think the eyes might be a little too far angled inwards which gives her a bit of an "alien" look... But, other than that... I think if you want critique on your full style, you might want to post more than one character so that we can see how you do with different characters (Check for same face syndrome and such).

Good luck with your endeavor!

Edit because it's early in the morning and I forgot: You can start your otome at any art level you so choose, we're not going to judge unless you ask us to. ouob
Oh, thanks for reply :)
Indeed, eyes are wierd shaped. I wanted to draw fairy but i changed my mind. I let fairy-like eyes stay. ;)
I'll try to post more characters so I can know, what I can do better. And one more thing... should I make the lines more clean or thick? I draw with brush imitating real pencil, and it is really comfortable for me, but i am not sure if it looks nice in actual game.
Or maybe I should try to avoid showing blak/grey lines and blend it with colors? What do you think?