Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Sapphire Dragon
Regular

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#706 Post by Sapphire Dragon »

Just a drawing I did because I was getting sick of coursework, cant wait for the holidays.
I will probably get round to detailing it and colouring it sometime.
Attachments
dragon knight.jpg
Deeplake: backgrounds= 45 (0 en) frames=149 (0 en)
fullscreen pics= 38 (0 en) Character pics= 191 (15 en) Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TupfPglEe04
Portfolio:http://www.sapphire-nest.co.uk iDreams Game: http://www.pop-fiction.net

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#707 Post by yummy »

Interesting armor design. It makes me think about a rook or something like that. It would be a great design for a rpg game ^^

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#708 Post by lordcloudx »

Sapphire Dragon: The design kinda reminds me of Saga Frontier II and also Freya from FFIX. (Edit: I meant Freya, forgot Fran was from that unfinal fantasyish game)

Here's one I made using umm... ancient tools. :lol:
Attachments
mspaint.PNG
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#709 Post by mugenjohncel »

Using Deji's coloring technique... I applied it to one of my character sprites and was amazed at the result... Thanks Deji!
...and to think this 45 year old "Lady" is one of the "Leading" characters and has her own set of "H" CG's and... and... I think I need to re-assess my current level of sanity...Yes it's "H" and "Incest" but... Oh well...
"POOF" (Dissapears)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#710 Post by monele »

Woah, hardcore auntie XD... cool!

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#711 Post by Samu-kun »

*hides under blankets*

Scary... o_o;

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#712 Post by F.I.A »

Sapphire Dragon: Kind of remind me of Silhouette & Mirage archrival. That is some shading I have yet to achieve.

lordcloudx: Ah Bitmap... how I missed the day I make pixel art with it....

mugenjohncel: Uh... I guess she is one of those street bikers? The skull gives me the creep.

-----

You know what is the most boring time of the year? The diagnose period(For your pc).

I refer the process of scanning for spywares and viral as "devil purging", due to my love for SMT series. Below are 1 hour works during the process(Since I cannot use anything in the pc during it, I have to rely on memory.), of what I called a fanfic of SMT. Too bad I don't have the innovations to make it a VN.

The casts:
Upper left - Girimekara
Upper right - Matador
Lower left - Jack o Lantern
Lower right - Jack Frost
Center - Lilim
Center right - Pixie
[EDIT: Second pic is influenced by this]
Attachments
Shin Megami Tensei - Akuma Gakuen casts
Shin Megami Tensei - Akuma Gakuen casts
Akuryou taisan?
Akuryou taisan?
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

playboy

#713 Post by playboy »

mugenjohncel wrote:this 45 year old "Lady" is one of the "Leading" characters and has her own set of "H" CG's and...

WHAT!?!?! :shock:
What exactly are you thinking!?
mugenjohncel wrote:I think I need to re-assess my current level of sanity...
Yeah! I think you should seek help! :lol:

Pre! You serious about this? I mean, "SEX" with a "45 year old wrinkly aunt"? Ugh, Your imagination knows no bounds. Sorry Pre but I think I'll pass. I don't think I could fap to that!

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#714 Post by mugenjohncel »

playboy wrote:AGH!!!....
:x So THIS is the reason why you're in a hurry to leave... F**K you PRE!

And to think you used my Computer to type THAT!... Wait till I finish Mr. K and I'll create a game featuring you and a bunch of gay lolis in tight leather suits trapped in an elevator that may (or may not... it depends on user choice) lead to H*T AN*L S*X!... (Biro lang pre but... who knows... someday... maybe... :lol: )
playboy wrote:Pre! You serious about this? I mean, "SEX" with a "45 year old wrinkly aunt"? Ugh, Your imagination knows no bounds. Sorry Pre but I think I'll pass. I don't think I could fap to that!
Hmm... let me clarify this pre... yes... she is a leading lady and it's true that there are several (sketches) of her in "H" but I still haven't "FULLY" decided weather to actually include her as one of the main ladies or just a side-dish (No! the 6 page word document you've read earlier is the rough draft for chapter 3...)

C'mon she's not THAT old!... I think. She may be 45 and slightly wrinkled and soggy on the Airbag department but she has a sweet personality, acts like a teenager and on the skills and experience department... if this is RPG... she'll be level 99 (with gameshark and cheats on!)

Try and top THAT!...
"POOF" (...again I apologize on his behalf)

Blind Seer

#715 Post by Blind Seer »

I've got some artistic talent, or so I've been told. Unfortunately, my primary computer... uh... exploded, and this one can't handle running any decent image programs. So I'm currently stranded, though I can post some older stuff.

In case anyone wonders, I do all the work with a mouse. I don't own a tablet and can't draw well with a pencil anyway.

Creepy
This is a reference pic for Creepy, my usual "avatar" type character. I don't use him much these days, as I'm more leery of using "author" or self-insertion characters than I used to be. That, and he doesn't look a thing like me. I have a nose. =D

Johnny
Johnny "The Man" from Chrono Trigger. He's the man!

Imagex2 Imagex1
Rotts, a zombie. It's a sprite. I'm good with sprites, I have loads of practice. Methinks that's not so useful for visual novels though. The first is double-size to see more easily. It's pretty small at regular size.

Audrey II
The mean green mother from outer space, from Little Shop of Horrors. A doodle-y kinda picture.

The Jabberwock
The Jabberwock from American McGee's Alice. Very sketchy, one of my favorites.

Adam
Another sketchy-type thing. I've forget what the hebrew on the front means; I need to go look that up.

I also do some abstracts, fractals and the like. I don't use Photoshop, so it's less about spamming filters and more experimentation with other sorts of tranformations.
Star Breaker
Grand Heart
Sundered Reality
Flow
Aura Flare
Blaze

M12
Veteran

#716 Post by M12 »

A fanart of my favourite game character, Nakoruru. I tried to make this look like an ink drawing. After all, that's the style of Samurai Spirits. I didn't scan a sketch. I just drew with the wacom. Hope you like it. Thanks.
Attachments
nakoruru.jpg

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#717 Post by Otaku Dash »

mugenjohncel wrote:Using Deji's coloring technique... I applied it to one of my character sprites and was amazed at the result... Thanks Deji!
...and to think this 45 year old "Lady" is one of the "Leading" characters and has her own set of "H" CG's and... and... I think I need to re-assess my current level of sanity...Yes it's "H" and "Incest" but... Oh well...
"POOF" (Dissapears)
Well considering Gan's mother (
*cough* gang leader/hitman *cough*
) I'm happy to see that "hardore-ness" runs in the family... (at least the mother's side) huzza for hardcore aunts *laughs*
She has H-CG'S!? O_O I wonder how Gan will fare with a level 99 boosted aunt ^^; Why do I end up with the feeling of "Gan + Aunt = gan raped xD" on my mind.. oh well.
Good luck with the project ^^
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#718 Post by lordcloudx »

Time to revive this thread again. This is going to be used on one of my games. Which one looks better? Hard or soft outlines?
Attachments
tehart.jpg
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#719 Post by Hime »

lordcloudx wrote:Time to revive this thread again. This is going to be used on one of my games. Which one looks better? Hard or soft outlines?
I think the soft ones look much better. You've improved a lot too, by the way! ^^
Last edited by Hime on Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#720 Post by monele »

Soft :)