Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Ren

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#871 Post by Ren »

And that's why we'll build a doujo for Deji Sensei entirely with golden bricks, yeah!

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#872 Post by Sakurazaki »

Done in about 30 mins.

ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#873 Post by Cybeat »

Done in about 3 days. It's a girl from my next game, Mimic (that gecko) from Cyber Troops, and Masayuki from another game I'm done with (currently setting up credits). I did the best I can on this art, and still made a few mistakes.
Attachments
SMM.png
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#874 Post by sake-bento »

The girl's pose and expression are really cute. Does she have pointed ears?

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#875 Post by mugenjohncel »

Oh my... here I go again...

Done first in Pencil, then scan, then... (reluctantly) auto traced it using... (Oh boy... ) Corel Trace... I somehow managed to produce this (somewhat) crisp lineart...

Here's the result...

"POOF" Dissapears

Nebi
Regular
Projects: Greaves

#876 Post by Nebi »

Oh my... here I go again...
I think the trace worked really well! Technology really has come a long way, huh? I think I'm going to start a topic about tracing, because it seems to have a lot of potential.

Ren

#877 Post by Ren »

Cybeat wrote:Done in about 3 days. It's a girl from my next game, Mimic (that gecko) from Cyber Troops, and Masayuki from another game I'm done with (currently setting up credits). I did the best I can on this art, and still made a few mistakes.
That's one good step forward compared to your previous art.I noticed you tend to do better when you're actually drawing cute and lively girls^_^

If I was you I'd think more about the shapes of the objects when linearting and shading.Looking at the point where the girl's shirt meets the skirt I don't see any separation between the two, that makes it kind of look like she's wearing a plastic cone.The same applies to the guy's neck tie, the way you drew it, without any line variation, makes it look like it's flat and painted over his shirt.

The pose though is really cute, it kind of looks like a promotional illustration!

Mugen:She's so cute!I love her expressions, the way you draw her really looks like how I imagined her to be when I first played the game..I'm so looking forward to see the remake version of Moonlight Walks<3

Sakurazaki:You're really fast!Gotta love the sign, sketchy style has always been my favourite, try to flip the image horizontally though.You might notice the face is quite elongated to the left, it happens a lot to me too, especially when drawing people on an diagonal axis like you did here.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#878 Post by Cybeat »

@sake-bento: Yup, she has pointed ears. She looks more like a princess than a modern girl.

@Ren: Thanks. I thought I did better too. I still need practice, especially with coloring and shading.
Mujinchitai
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#879 Post by Sakurazaki »

Yeah I was tempted to go and fix it afterwards. D: But then again it was my first time using a tablet.

Edit: For my dev art
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#880 Post by rocket »

Technically I should put these in my Starlight development thread... but I swear I'm focusing on writing!

This is just a little doodling inspired by the posts here...
Bridge Crew Concept Small.jpg
... also inspired by watching all of Magical Nurse Wicth Komugi-chan this weekend if you can tell by the pose I blatantly stole for Rose and Jade.
Last edited by rocket on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#881 Post by Samu-kun »

Woahh... I like Jade and Violet's new looks! And what's this? A fourth girl? Is this like Sky Girls and are you going to add a forth girl after the introductory OVA? XD

(By the way, you might want to resize the image... It's HUGGGEEEE)

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#882 Post by rocket »

Samu-kun wrote:Woahh... I like Jade and Violet's new looks! And what's this? A fourth girl?
Hehe, thanks! Not sure if this is the final look that will stick, but I have been playing with revamped looks for all of them. Alex has always been part of the plan (you can see the character teaser here) but, yah you can think of her as your reward for getting me out of the prequel phase. (^_^)

Nebi
Regular
Projects: Greaves

#883 Post by Nebi »

There's something about your work that I like a lot, Rocket. But it's more like a feeling, so kinda hard for me to describe. :| One thing's for sure: it shows a lot of promise.

ciel
Regular

#884 Post by ciel »

I'LL FINISH THIS ONE OF THESE DAYS I SWEAR!! GARRR

its based on this piccie
Here's some stuff i did for shojo beat, sister magazine of shonen jump :D December issue 2007.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#885 Post by Cybeat »

That's some nice drawing. I like the third one. It'll take me forever to color like that.
Mujinchitai