Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#1366 Post by Cybeat »

Funny. I posted a picture a while ago and it didn't even show up! (You can see my attempt in the previous post). Anyway, here it is:
Attachments
Demon.png
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

honoreixix
Regular

#1367 Post by honoreixix »

ummm...
Attachments
Ninja Weapons.jpg
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#1368 Post by azureXtwilight »

@ Cybeat : Hey, is that in your game? I can't comment, it's a demon. End! XD

@ honoreixix : You've forgotten other ninja weapons, what is it? Scroll! XD, basically it's also a magical weapon!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#1369 Post by monele »

F.I.A wrote:I see that not many get the hidden meaning behind the image. I suggest reread the story again, and remember to take a rest after every pause.
I still don't get it ^^;... Is the storyteller a demon? Is the storyteller the girl herself? Is it something else? ^^;

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#1370 Post by Cybeat »

azureXtwilight wrote:@ Cybeat : Hey, is that in your game? I can't comment, it's a demon. End! XD
Yep. It's in my game. Are you a Christian? Me too.
Mujinchitai
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

Mikan
Veteran

#1371 Post by Mikan »

At this rate, the game will be announced next week in the work in progress section.

Assuming I don't abandon it again HAHAHA
Attachments
Probably my best drawing of Helena
Probably my best drawing of Helena

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#1372 Post by Cybeat »

That drawing is REAL nice! Every tablet users I come across have excellent art skills. I haven't seen you around for a while. It's good to see your art again (I've only seen a couple, though).
Mujinchitai

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#1373 Post by LVUER »

Wow... It seems wrong not to praise your skill, so... nice arts, Mikan!

Twar3Draconis
Regular

#1374 Post by Twar3Draconis »

Cybeat wrote:That drawing is REAL nice! Every tablet users I come across have excellent art skills. I haven't seen you around for a while. It's good to see your art again (I've only seen a couple, though).
I'm afraid I must say otherwise.

I have a tablet, but I do not have "excellent skills" (unless you count the drawing of the male sword).

And you have just come across me.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#1375 Post by Cybeat »

I haven't seen your art yet. Can you post some?
Mujinchitai

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#1376 Post by bloodywyvern »

Generally people who buy tablets are those who have already reached a certain level of skill and professionalism, due to the money involved. It doesn't really make all too much sense to buy a tablet if you can't make full use of it. Of course, this is -generally-. You will always find varying degrees of skill in any group of people.

Anyway

Cybeat, nice demon bat thingy
honoreixix, wheee weapons!
Mikan, fantastic work.

Short and to the point, cha cha cha. >.>
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

honoreixix
Regular

#1377 Post by honoreixix »

nice drawing... i wish i had a tablet though, so i can draw more...
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#1378 Post by Hime »

bloodywyvern wrote:Generally people who buy tablets are those who have already reached a certain level of skill and professionalism, due to the money involved. It doesn't really make all too much sense to buy a tablet if you can't make full use of it. Of course, this is -generally-. You will always find varying degrees of skill in any group of people.
Well they aren't THAT expensive actually - mine is a really good tablet and not even a cheap one, a A5-size Wacom, and it cost me 186 euros, which would be about 282 dollars. It has faithfully served me for 3 years without pretty much any dysfunctions - so I was 12 years old when I bought it with my own money. :D If you have had a glance at my artwork (if you haven't, there's some in my blog) you can see that it doesn't really have much to do with "professionalism", so you can only imagine what it was like back then.

I'm glad that I bought a tablet despite being so young and bad at drawing, because it made improving my digital art a lot easier, and I recommend buying one to everyone who loves making digital art, no matter what level your drawing skills are. It doesn't make your artwork better right away unlike some may think and some people have to practice a while before they get used to it, but as I said, it helps you improve. Your hand will no longer get cramps from using a mouse and you'll totally adore the pressure sensitivity. And I have to add: Buy a good one. Preferably a Wacom, because those are generally the most functional and trustworthy ones that you can get. Wacom has less and more expensive models too, so you definitely should be able find one that suits you. :) Tablets are more than just worth getting, mine has been probably the best purchase I've done in my life.

Sapphire Dragon
Regular

#1379 Post by Sapphire Dragon »

If you want my personal thoughts on tablets ive been lucky enough to try a fair few out. Other people may feel different though

Do not buy trust tablets, this was my first buy and it put me off buying them. I used it twice then threw it away, didnt buy another tablet for another five years.

Every wacom one ive tested were by far more superior heres the ones ive tested.

The black bambo
the white bambo
Intuos 3 a6
intuos 3 a5
cintiq

Ok hands down the cintiq is best, but this was in uni and theres no way I can afford one. Probably the same for most people so ill not go into it...

With both intuos sizes I would say its best to save that little bit extra more for the A5, when testing the a6 I felt there just was not enough space to express long curves done by the arm and it limits you to only the wrist, this is considered a bad habbit for drawing so all in all its a bit too cramped.

The insuos 3 A5 is the one I have personally and until im rich enough to go and check out an a4 version or even a cintiq it fits my needs perfectly, for desk space it takes about 3% more room than a square standard mouse mat size but I dont use the mouse that comes with the tablet because I prefer my standard microsoft one (ill add a comparison pic below)

The bamboos I tested at a friends house and to be honest I wasnt too keen on them. They work great for a budget tablet, probably the best budget one out there in terms of quality to cost but the screen space is just too small for me. The shortcut key buttons are nice on both though and they are really thin and sleek to look at.

Heres how much room an A5 takes, and sorry for going a little off topic...
Deeplake: backgrounds= 45 (0 en) frames=149 (0 en)
fullscreen pics= 38 (0 en) Character pics= 191 (15 en) Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TupfPglEe04
Portfolio:http://www.sapphire-nest.co.uk iDreams Game: http://www.pop-fiction.net

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#1380 Post by bloodywyvern »

Hime wrote: Well they aren't THAT expensive actually - mine is a really good tablet and not even a cheap one, a A5-size Wacom, and it cost me 186 euros, which would be about 282 dollars. It has faithfully served me for 3 years without pretty much any dysfunctions - so I was 12 years old when I bought it with my own money. :D If you have had a glance at my artwork (if you haven't, there's some in my blog) you can see that it doesn't really have much to do with "professionalism", so you can only imagine what it was like back then.
Hm, $282 is A LOT of money for someone who does not have faith in their artwork. Before someones skill improves, I'd be willing to assume, as with all skills, faith has not developed properly. You typically wouldn't see the worth in the investment until there is enough skill to work on. Also, for a 12 year old...yeah that's a lot of money. I've never had more than $100 at a time until I was 16, and I was the type of person who wouldn't buy much but do just about anything for money lol. It's great that you were able to afford it and saw it as a way to improve, I just don't think everyone has quite that much money to blow on something they probably don't see as a necessity. It's simply more practical to invest when there's enough of a foundation where you can say "hey, I've come this far, I'm obviously not going to just stop." But hey, that's just me.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1