Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Mirena
Regular
Completed: Vortex

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#1576 Post by Mirena »

@Deji: I can see an improvement (but the old was good too :p), especially on the colors. And the new clothes look better.

Okay, I tried changing the head a bit since many people mentioned it. I hope this does the trick. Well, it's still big but..
Attachments
nurseyfix.jpg

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#1577 Post by Deji »

Mirena wrote:@Deji: I can see an improvement (but the old was good too :p), especially on the colors. And the new clothes look better.

Okay, I tried changing the head a bit since many people mentioned it. I hope this does the trick. Well, it's still big but..
I think the prolem with the head is the shape... it's round-ish but without a recognizable shape...
I'd teel you exatly what's wrong and how to fix it, but I'm awful at telling those things in english and I'm a visual person, so I made a fixed version for you to look at... I hope t's helpful for you =3
nurse_Redline.jpg
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Mirena
Regular
Completed: Vortex

#1578 Post by Mirena »

Ah, thanks Deji. I should have know that about the sleeves.. *shame*
Well, to tell the truth I prefer when people show me the mistakes like that. It's way easier to understand, since then I see exactly where they mean.

uluuu
Regular
Projects: Half Past Never

#1579 Post by uluuu »

It's Kujitan, the magical whale nurse~

I drew her because I wanted something I could put on a t-shirt and hopefully sell. :s
Attachments
Ya ha!
Ya ha!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#1580 Post by Blue Lemma »

Wow, uluuu, just like someone else's avatar, your creature craps rainbows too! :wink:

I think that picture would really benefit from vector graphics. You could smooth out the lines which would look a lot better for the rainbow, especially. Give it more of a pro-look 8)

Suggestions: Adobe Illustrator if you have it, or Inkscape - good stuff to learn!
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#1581 Post by sake-bento »

Blue Lemma wrote:Wow, uluuu, just like someone else's avatar, your creature craps rainbows too! :wink:

I think that picture would really benefit from vector graphics. You could smooth out the lines which would look a lot better for the rainbow, especially. Give it more of a pro-look 8)

Suggestions: Adobe Illustrator if you have it, or Inkscape - good stuff to learn!
Vector Magic does it, and I've had some very good results with it.

storm-and-fire
Regular

#1582 Post by storm-and-fire »

It's her first public appearance, so she's a little shy...

Original sketch: AngelicCarrot
CGing: My dear beloved sister, Anna (1/2 of Storm-and-Fire).

RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

#1583 Post by RidleyWright »

That's a very nice character and a pretty good coloring, storm-and-fire. One would assume that's a R.E.M. character. :)

As for me, I was still in the mood for more Phoenix Wright fanart so I drew and colored another piece. People that know the series may support the Phoenix x Maya pairing. I really am not such a supporter, but I felt like drawing Maya so anyway...

Also, tips and suggestions to improve are always welcome.

Ok, now to finally start up the project again...
Attachments
phoenix_x_maya copy.jpg

Ren

#1584 Post by Ren »

I love your P.R. fanarts, although I didn't play it yet...but the drawings themselves are quite something, full of light and emotion!
Stormandfire:your sister's CGing suits AngelicCarrot's drawing, so much so I'd say it looks almost professional.I suppose she also re-inked it, if so she did a really good job, using the line weight variation effectively.

storm-and-fire
Regular

#1585 Post by storm-and-fire »

RidleyWright wrote:One would assume that's a R.E.M. character. :)
No, it's not. ;) She's from my own project that I haven't made a thread for yet. I wouldn't put my R.E.M. CGs here without bloody's approval anyway. Also, I'm using a different coloring technique for R.E.M. *points at ava*

Also, nice CG you've got. The only thing that strikes me as odd is the guy's hand. Two fingers in particular look weird...
Ren wrote:your sister's CGing suits AngelicCarrot's drawing, so much so I'd say it looks almost professional.I suppose she also re-inked it, if so she did a really good job, using the line weight variation effectively.
I'll let her know as soon as possible. And yeah, she used shape layers to do the lineart because the original sketch was small and sketchy.

RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

#1586 Post by RidleyWright »

Ups, my bad for making wild guesses. Yeah, the coloring is different, R.E.M. has a more air-brushed visual while the other is totally cel-shaded.
And about the hand, yeah, it could use some correction (the whole drawing probably could, since I didn't spent much time looking for mistakes). I'll try harder next time.

And yeah, thanks for the comments. :D

Jake
Support Hero

#1587 Post by Jake »

So, you remember that "robot girlfriend" Sega's been touting of late? Well, this was the first thing that came to mind when I read the article:

Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#1588 Post by Samu-kun »

...XD

You know, I think the thing would sell a whole lot better if they just used the same technology but put it inside an anime figurine. As a matter of fact, I think that's the next logical progression of this technology. Walking, talking, kissing little anime girls. C'mon, who wouldn't one (or two) of those!? XD

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#1589 Post by papillon »

Angelic Layer.

Customisable walking-talking anime dolls you can use to compete against each other with!

(There was a page on the Dollfie site hinting they were thinking in that direction once, iirc, but it sort of disappeared.)

Nicol Armarfi
Regular
Completed: Katawa Shoujo, The Circular Gate, Broken Sky
Projects: Katawa Shoujo, The Circular Gate, Driftwood, Escape from Puzzlegate
Organization: 4LS

#1590 Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Samu-kun wrote: You know, I think the thing would sell a whole lot better if they just used the same technology but put it inside an anime figurine. As a matter of fact, I think that's the next logical progression of this technology. Walking, talking, kissing little anime girls. C'mon, who wouldn't one (or two) of those!? XD
I would probably just be scared off by their huge eyes and etc.