Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#1891 Post by Jake »

Guest wrote: Of course. I'm an insufferably arrogant little shit
This part you have demonstrated.
Guest wrote: who can draw.
This part you have not.

By all means point out people's flaws, but unless you do so in a manner that actually helps them improve, then frankly the community would be a better place if you didn't bother to contribute.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

magi
Special Project Artist
Projects: Hanafuda Club, Infinity Rain

#1892 Post by magi »

Hey guys, what's going on? :D

Ba'al

#1893 Post by Ba'al »

@ magi Nice drawings and great coloring. The only thing which looks a bit strange to me is the cute blonde haired girls right foot, I suppose it points into the wrong direction. It looks a bit unnatural.
Last edited by Ba'al on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#1894 Post by mugenjohncel »

It's been more than 2 weeks since last time I draw and I'm kinda getting out of practice... let's see... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#1895 Post by Samu-kun »

I don't imagine that Lucy will be too pleased about this.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#1896 Post by PyTom »

Samu-kun wrote:I don't imagine that Lucy will be too pleased about this.
Cue the sockpuppet.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#1897 Post by Samu-kun »

Everyone has their own coping mechanism.

magi
Special Project Artist
Projects: Hanafuda Club, Infinity Rain

#1898 Post by magi »

mugenjohncel: whoa, that's actually really nice. :D

Ba'al I know what you mean. ^^;; Although I don't think the turn it too extreme for that angle.

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

#1899 Post by killdream »

mugenjohncel wrote: It's still worksafe... right?
I-I-It s-so i-isn't o.o

Oh, God! * /tries to get himself together *

Btw, I though of showing my art too... but... I actually sux at drawing manga. Really, I can't make those lovely stylish lines, so my style turned out to be a bit more than gekiga i.i

I know I still have so much to learn, like perspective, anatomy, and mainly, put my glasses before starting to draw xDDD And I have to get a good scanne too .-.

Oh, well, these are some drawings I found in my PC:
My last attempt at manga .-.
My last attempt at manga .-.
My artwork it's really creepy i.i I just can't draw lines at all
The guitarrist from the japanese band Versailles
The guitarrist from the japanese band Versailles
If you're wondering... it's a he. And, yeah, he is really squint-eyed =D The rest, though, are all my flaws i.i
My last drawing
My last drawing
So, since I'm not good at manga, I'm switching to portraits =D (or not)

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#1900 Post by Hime »

Jake wrote:
Guest wrote: who can draw.
This part you have not.
Actually, we found out Guest's identity in a certain channel: she has demonstrated it. Once you realise that guest of Art Dumpage and guest of Teluna thread are the same person, the rest is painfully obvious.
Guest wrote:I'm glad people are okay with deforming another person's work in an attempt to 'better' the other as an artist, but instead is trying to show them an over-used and obscenely typical art style for animation.

Glad also that people suddenly can judge another's work (obviously in a poor manor, as the character is NOT a female) and adapt it into their own bullshit.

Before you go thinking you're elite because you can do the same, dry drawing style as every other idiot in the field; back up.

---

Thank you, Deji for not deforming his artwork and showing him proper technique.

Lucy, you obviously have a lot to learn about being a "Sempai" before anyone with half a mind of their own would start calling you one.
Guest wrote:Yo, long time lurker on the boards here (as a guest, only recently joined up... Just for this occasion), and I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Do you realize what you just did?

You not only insulted this person's talent, you had the balls to completely redesign they're character into typical generic animu bullshit (that anyone with 1/4 a brain is sick of seeing), complete with dinner plate eyes, and an obvious sex change. Your redesign is not only one of the most non-creative redesigns I've ever seen, It also harbors many of the same problems you chose to criticize. Throughout the rest of this post YOU will refer to ME as Sempai.
Guest wrote:The only valid point you made was that Teluna's vanishing points did not match up (Which seeing as how only 2 of your vanishing points matched up, you have no room to criticize), also nice trace job, I've seen your character in about 1000 useless "how to anime books". Perhaps that's your problem, you assume because you are a veteran poster you have talent Maybe instead of drawing something everyone has seen before, you might want to try taking a risk in developing your own style, Much like Teluna.
Guest wrote:That reminds me of a drawing I did when I was 8. I can draw better.
Guest wrote:Of course. I'm an insufferably arrogant little shit who can draw. I don't comment without seeing what I can do beforehand.

I don't understand the fact that you guys have the guts to post ugly drawings in the internet without second thoughts. Boy, you must be really proud of it.
If it does not click, a couple of hints:
- has posted in similar tones before
- has criticised anything "wannabe Japanese" before as well
- has not been active on the boards lately, but you can find hints of recently activity from other places. We OELVN people blog a lot, don't we?

I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm just generally against anonymous posting, because of which I felt the need to serve justice. It's kind of weird somehow though, how someone who has posted with an aggressive tone before feels the need to post as a guest...

lucy
Lucy-Class Veteran

#1901 Post by lucy »

Hime wrote:Actually, we found out Guest's identity in a certain channel: she has demonstrated it. Once you realise that guest of Art Dumpage and guest of Teluna thread are the same person, the rest is painfully obvious.
Nah!... Just ignore... unless boredom is your enemy...

Initially, I had high respect for that Guest... Harsh true but Intention is good but after posting that picture of redlined text of my posts with no apparent reason other than to insult invalidates everything and every argument she did, at that point I already lost my respect and was already smiling... sure it was fun but this is a low level troll not worth my time... period... I win.

Like what I did, I just tried to help but my rude approach invalidate my efforts... I'll be carefull next time... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!! WHY AM I SO APOLOGETIC LATELY!!! FUCK THE GUEST!!! I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!!! YEAH!!!

So can we get back to posting art?...

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#1902 Post by Samu-kun »

What? No emotional breakdown after seeing that Mugen's been two timing you with Eileen?

lucy
Lucy-Class Veteran

#1903 Post by lucy »

Samu-kun wrote:What? No emotional breakdown after seeing that Mugen's been two timing you with Eileen?
Two Timing... Oh no Samu-Kun you don't get it do you... It's all part of a Grand Plan that started 4 months ago... it won't be long now... you'll see...

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#1904 Post by Samu-kun »

By the way, did you know that you've been rehired now? No, really.

lucy
Lucy-Class Veteran

#1905 Post by lucy »

Samu-kun wrote:By the way, did you know that you've been rehired now? No, really.
I too was suprized at how fast things are developing... but my true goal is to get back where I truly belong... and that is once again become an image-map girl for ren'py...

Now about Mugen...