Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
blakjak
Veteran

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#2416 Post by blakjak »

Anthy wrote:Powerpuff girls was such a spiffy show. I loved the Mayor and a lot of the villains (Him and Mojo-jojo were great).
And I also hate tablets >.<; For some reason, drawing a sketch digitally takes at least 3 times as long as a pencil sketch. For lineart (beyond sketches anyway) I stopped trying to do it by hand, and now I just use the curve pen tool in SAI. Saves me time and frustration.

Lately I've set aside backgrounds and started working on character portraits. I'm trying to do that method where all the parts (body, clothes, left/right arms, face) are separate pieces, so I can mix and match parts for a more varied expression set. It's such a pain. But I guess it looks nice in the end.

I haven't finalized the color scheme or design for ponytail girl yet. I dunno if I should keep it as is, change the tie color, or change everything. I kind of like the dark bluish-purple hair though... since her hobbies are traditional folklore and occult-like things, it kind of goes with that image and serves as an alternate to just plain black...
That's some very nice character design, clean and nice colors on the right one. The left one with the ponytail looks good too. Anthy like the one in Shōjo Kakumei Utena ?

blakjak
Veteran

#2417 Post by blakjak »

Chansel wrote:Wow, that's a pretty big improvement!
Very impressive ^^

Now, after having lurked here for a long time, I think it's only fair to show you some of my 'art'.
It's a relatively quick sketch and a fist attempt at the whole 'bishounen with a long face'-trick.
I kinda like it, but it's far from perfect.
*continues practicing*
It's pretty good for a quick sketch. I would move his left eye a little to the left, and widen his waist also. And his forearms are two short compared to his upper arms.
Last edited by blakjak on Thu May 20, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

blakjak
Veteran

#2418 Post by blakjak »

Nanashiko wrote:Here is a drawing I decided to upload being I turned on my desktop where the scanner is for once.

Really Bad Tree.\

Ignore it! Also I just suck at drawing hands and just did the legs really quick so those are a little off too xD
I know she looks like she is falling over kind of intended that cause I was trying to make it look like she was peeking around.
Arms are too short :X
The character is really cute. With a little work it could be really nice. Her eyes need to be placed in a more harmonious way :mrgreen: , I mean you should be able to draw a straight line between the two, there it seems they are falling apart. The hands are too small, her hips are also too small.

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#2419 Post by Chansel »

Chansel that looks great! I am horrible at drawing guys xD;
Thanks ^^
Chansel, I may not draw it well on the comp but I love drawing bishie... A lot of it isn't just the long face, it's a feminine face, give him eyes that come to a tsurime point (if they're half closed or such) and if they're not make them girlier than a normal guy's eyes. You want the chin to be long but to come to a definite point or a very slim curved point, his chin looks a little flat.
Ah, I see. I could never quite put my finger on it what is was that gave all the bishie their 'bishie-ness' XD I'll keep this in mind next time I try to draw one :)
It's pretty good for a quick sketch. I would move his left eye a little to the left, and widen his waist also. And his forearms are two short compared to his upper arms.
It's all noted and I'm going to edit him (and color him) the next time I open Photoshop ^^
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#2420 Post by Sakurazaki »

Promotional image for an animatic, finished it so I thought I'd be able to share it now. *runs away*
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#2421 Post by Chansel »

Oh wow! That is so beautiful <3
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

muika
Projects: barabu

#2422 Post by muika »

@Sakurazaki; That's really pretty. It looks a lot like "World's End Waltz" by KL-chan. Are you a fan of hers too?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#2423 Post by azureXtwilight »

That is so beautiful! You're awesome! ^^

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#2424 Post by Sakurazaki »

I actually haven't heard of her (cept I saw her name on the filename) o.o' I was trying to do a eyeballing ref sketch from the picture I found on the net. She was credited as well so no fear ;3 The actual promotional image wasn't used at all in the animatic but I used it to get my color palate sorted out since the pose played a lot with different lightnings.

The main focus of the piece was to get the coloring down pat and not the characters XD

The other style I was going to use was cell shade but it didn't really feel right ;/ Here's the test image I used.

ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

AQU
Regular
Completed: The Royal Trap, Infinite Game Works, Date Warp
Projects: Flight of Twilight

#2425 Post by AQU »

Did this when I was taking a break from drawing backgrounds. If anyone wants this for their VN, feel free to use it. Send me a PM and I'll send the files to you : )
Attachments
art_by_sky-society_dot_net_PREVIEW.jpg

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#2426 Post by MaiMai »

Awesooooooooome AQU :D
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#2427 Post by sake-bento »

Ah~ that's lovely. You were the CG artist for Date Warp, right? I really liked your Linds ones.

AQU
Regular

#2428 Post by AQU »

Thank you! Yup, I did the event CGs for Date Warp, though only the event CGs. : )

iAsobu
Regular
Projects: [TBA]

#2429 Post by iAsobu »

AQU wrote:Did this when I was taking a break from drawing backgrounds. If anyone wants this for their VN, feel free to use it. Send me a PM and I'll send the files to you :
art_by_sky-society_dot_net_PREVIEW.jpg
Who knew I could find so many artists with talent like this on this site?
I think your artwork there is great.

AQU
Regular

#2430 Post by AQU »

Thank you very much.

Here's a picture I did to satisfy my need to draw a puffy dress xD
Attachments
2010-May24.jpg