Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Eucila

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#2476 Post by Eucila »

Ah, silly me, I just realized there was indeed a CD for Corel Painter Essentials 4 included.

I'll definitely keep Sai and Photoshop in mind. Thanks!

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#2477 Post by linkdragon0 »

GIMP.

It's pretty easy and free, but has a lot of stuff to use. I still haven't used it all yet.
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#2478 Post by lepapillonrouge »

I heard Corel is good. XD Have fun.

Well, I've never posted anything in this thread...I think.

It was the character I made for azure's contest. XD (lazy)
deviantART
---------------------

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#2479 Post by LVUER »

I use Corel (Painter) myself and I must say that it is good. I'm quite balanced between using Photoshop and Painter, but since Painter is ligher (not to RAM demanding) I prefer Painter when painting my piece.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

TMBpower
Regular

#2480 Post by TMBpower »

Test image for my first game experiment. Not done yet. =D

Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

Jake
Support Hero

#2481 Post by Jake »

Eucila wrote:what programs do you guys use for your art?
Sai and Photoshop Elements. For much the same reason as MaiMai - Sai is awesome, but while it saves layer transparency when it saves .sai or .psd files, it doesn't when it saves PNGs, so you need something else to do that last step, and for me that's Elements.

Personally, I'd also advise anyone interested in making art to be very wary about using the GIMP. It's not that it's not technically capable (although personally I didn't like it anyway, and I've never got it to work with pressure-sensitivity with my tablet), but that it has a significantly different interface to most graphics/painting applications and many people find it difficult to use, so getting used to it may well make it more difficult for you to use every other graphics app. One gets the impression that it has fans because it's open-source and free, rather than because it's genuinely one of the best applications out there, because I'm pretty sure it isn't.

I'd also warn you that as much as I quite like Painter in some ways, make sure you know what you're getting yourself into; it's main purpose is as an emulation of natural media, so it's not so convenient to use in some modes as something like Photoshop is. If you want to paint something that looks like watercolours or oils on the PC it's probably the best app out there, mind. Also later versions have approximately 1.7 billion controls in the toolboxes, all of which concertina in and out from each other.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Sheru-chan
Regular

#2482 Post by Sheru-chan »

I used to use Paint.net but now, i use Paint tool SAI and Photoshop. It's better ^^
Currently working on:
Lock On! ~Sins and Atonement~ in hiatus
GXB game.
---------------------------------------
Imouto Complex is active.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#2483 Post by LVUER »

At last, it's done ^_^ Not the longest piece I've ever done, but this one was quite long nevertheless (perhaps about 18 hours?). This piece is a gift art for dw-divastar (another deviant artist who make the request, visit her gallery, her chibi pics are cute), featuring her OC detective characters, Nico (the boy) and Bijou (the girl) from The Bini Mysteries. And this is my first gift art, hehehe...

Nico and Bijou went to beach for their summer holiday. They have fun until someone (or something) managed to snatch Bijou's bikini! Happened in front of their eyes, this couple of young detectives decided to take this case on their own... <b>This time, it's (very) personal!</b>

----------------------------------
The hardest thing in this piece is Bijou's hair, since her hair is ... unusual. I was confused several times when shading her hair, I even re-draw her hair several times (to make sure it's as cute as possible but still share the OC original shape). And then the sea, I tried to make the sea appears deeper on the horizon, but it seems I failed to do that...

The perspective is also messed up (though I could find excuse for it to make it right, but still...). If I want to really fix it, I could either re-draw Bijou or the tree entirely... but I don't want to do either of that. Let's say the tree isn't grew straight up, ok. For simplicity (and my) sake ^_^
Attachments
The Bini Mysteries - Tough Case_696x600_by LVUER.png
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Heurim
Projects: Dirty Money

#2484 Post by Heurim »

Anyone willing to give me critique on my latest piece of chara-art? xD; I suck too much to have my own thread here, everyone on this forum is awesome. :oops:
Shading is all wrong. Dx
Attachments
yukinori.png
상어를 사랑한 인어
deviantart
WIP - Dirty Money

Headache
Regular

#2485 Post by Headache »

mugenjohncel wrote:...it's a long story

"POOF" (Disappears)

Wow... Your drawings are really impressive!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#2486 Post by azureXtwilight »

*bump*
alu.png
zu.png
Some sprites for my project, can say they changed a bit :p

winternight119
Regular
Projects: Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream 「桜の下で:夢の記憶」

#2487 Post by winternight119 »

linkdragon0 wrote:GIMP.

It's pretty easy and free, but has a lot of stuff to use. I still haven't used it all yet.
He mentioned Photoshop, so there's no need to mention GIMP. :lol: I always found GIMP's UI to be the most horrible thing to accurse the world of art and graphics. XD
Current Project(s): 桜の下で:夢の記憶 「Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream」 - WIP - click here for more!

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#2488 Post by Aka-kami »

long time no post.
this pic was based off of a vid i found on nico nico
this pic was based off of a vid i found on nico nico
this one took me a while D:
See ya.

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#2489 Post by playswithtribbles »

This is my very first attempt at drawing with a tablet/coloring on the computer. (All of my other art is in sketchbooks, and paper. meh.) After this, I got about ten times better at it. But it's not bad for a first attempt, although I think there's something slightly off with the proportion... Oh well.

I'll probably use a variation of him for a random character in the game I'm making.
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

FairyAssassin

#2490 Post by FairyAssassin »

[Playswithtribbles:]
He he, I like that a lot. It's different than a lot of the other artwork and surprisingly,
really GOOD for your first attempt! :D
-I like the shading on the hair and the ear
ring the best! :wink: