Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#7846 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

quick doodle inspired by Taylor Swift new song my tears richochet
doodle.jpg

Ahooo
Projects: Undateables(VN)

#7847 Post by Ahooo »

Dropping my art here!! Sorry if its hard to see and whatnot, I'm still sort of new at using forums :lol:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _amity.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ds_nsr.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ample2.png

While I'm working on a visual novel right now(sort of as leader and the only coder OOF) I have thought about making offers to do some sort of character design offers but I'm not really too sure if I'm up to par on it haha thank you for the thread by the way!!

anh0814
Tumblr: https://anh0814.tumblr.com/

#7848 Post by anh0814 »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:02 pmquick doodle inspired by Taylor Swift new song my tears richochet
Wow, I love your soft colors and style! It's so expressive and beautiful. I think it would be nice if you make your social media handle a bit more visible, I almost didn't catch that at all. :lol:
Ahooo wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:14 pmDropping my art here!! Sorry if its hard to see and whatnot, I'm still sort of new at using forums :lol:
Your are is so cute it makes me smile. OMG. Welcome to the forums! :oops:

Ahooo
Projects: Undateables(VN)

#7849 Post by Ahooo »

Ahooo wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:14 pmDropping my art here!! Sorry if its hard to see and whatnot, I'm still sort of new at using forums :lol:
Your are is so cute it makes me smile. OMG. Welcome to the forums! :oops:
[/quote]

thank you so much!! XD been hard getting used to stuff haha

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#7850 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

anh0814 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:57 pm
YuukiCrossPudding wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:02 pmquick doodle inspired by Taylor Swift new song my tears richochet
Wow, I love your soft colors and style! It's so expressive and beautiful. I think it would be nice if you make your social media handle a bit more visible, I almost didn't catch that at all. :lol:
Oh thank you! I'm happy to hear that <3
I suppose so, I should make them more visible next time :lol:
rowlett.jpg
another doodle for fun, will probably do a painting over it or cel shade to finish the piece

Gaudeamus
Regular
Deviantart: Gaudeamusmx

#7851 Post by Gaudeamus »

A quick sketch I made while the food was ready. . . . well, it took me longer, since I finished it after I'd eaten and gone out to do some things away from home :P

sentiarii
Tumblr: sentiarii
Deviantart: sentiarii

#7852 Post by sentiarii »

Fantasy character design based on Eevee

RagingBull

#7853 Post by RagingBull »

I suck at art and I can’t draw digitally but here are the things I’ve done, I’m pretty proud of the Shinobu from Demon Slayer I did, the Natsu from Fairy Tail I did when I was a bit younger and I’m working on the Super Saiyan character(forgot the name) from Dragon Ball now (please give me harsh reviews, it’s the only way to encourage me to get better):
Attachments
E83B2EF0-CC6C-420D-B3D3-B0FE078CC6AF.jpeg
851570FF-AB48-44EE-A9EC-3A7E174D5763.jpeg
66BB4FE4-2477-4F5E-8241-50F9A564B473.jpeg

Trafagal
Regular

#7854 Post by Trafagal »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:05 am I suck at art and I can’t draw digitally but here are the things I’ve done, I’m pretty proud of the Shinobu from Demon Slayer I did, the Natsu from Fairy Tail I did when I was a bit younger and I’m working on the Super Saiyan character(forgot the name) from Dragon Ball now (please give me harsh reviews, it’s the only way to encourage me to get better):
Hey Raging Bull, I felt that your drawings and colorings are pretty good! You should keep drawing and don't let the lack of knowing how to draw digitally stop you.

Btw, the name of the Dragonball character is Son Go Han.

Btw, just my 2 cents. To learn how to draw digitally, isn't that hard. It just takes time, just as you would pick up a pencil. If you have a drawing pad, such as WACOM. Do give yourself some time to familiarise.

Josh.
Check out some of my stuffs here:https://linktr.ee/theartofjoshlab

Art Portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/theartofjoshlab/

Working on a personal Visual Novel~

Fuseblower
Regular
Projects: Mall Macabre, Slushball Slasher, Doomed Diner, Tenkeiteki Tokyo
itch: fuseblower

#7855 Post by Fuseblower »

Hi Raging Bull. Your art doesn't suck at all and I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to draw digitally.

After all : the Holy Grail of digital art is to make it look like traditional art :wink:

Joking aside, I have had a Wacom Cintiq for the longest time now (darn thing is over 10 years old now and still works like a charm). It's not hard to draw with it and it can do things you can't do in the traditional media (zooming in, flipping the drawing, undoing stuff, etc.). I have done a lot of stuff with it but I prefer the traditional media with its many quirks over the clean digital. It has a directness and an organic feel that I can't seem to get working on the Cintiq. I do use the Cintiq nowadays for touching stuff up and integrating scanned images into the game (getting soft borders and stuff with an eraser with a very low opaqueness).

In other words : don't worry about not being able to work digitally. I feel many people respond positively to traditional art.

But you wanted a critique...

I don't feel there's anything wrong with what you posted but I did pick up on something that you wrote : "...the Natsu from Fairy Tail I did when I was a bit younger...".

So, out of the 3 drawings you've shown, one is quite old. Does this mean you don't draw a lot or you take a lot of time finishing one piece?

If you want to do the graphics for a visual novel (or anything) then you have to be able to crank out good quality pieces in high volume. It's also good practice to do a lot of drawings as opposed to spending ages on a single one. Of course, this critique is assuming that you don't draw a lot and/or take a long time to finish a single piece.

marionline

#7856 Post by marionline »

Some of the results of the weekend:
Makoto
Nelly

I'm very happy how they turned out.
I want to use them in my VN, but I guess they need some colours.
I added them into Renpy with a nice paper-like background for the character sheets.

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#7857 Post by SelLi »

sentiarii wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:30 pm Image

Fantasy character design based on Eevee
Wow this is really quite good! I like your style! (I've never thought of Eevee as a boss before!)

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#7858 Post by SelLi »

I just want to brush Serra's hair. <3
I'm very happy with how she turned out. <3

Harick
Veteran

#7859 Post by Harick »

This is the piece I've put the most work into this year and I'm not sure if it was worth it, I like doing my art like this but I'm not sure if I would use this art style in a VN
Attachments
romcom smol.png

cedes
Regular
itch: cedes

#7860 Post by cedes »

experimenting with backgrounds and effects, usually i stick closely to simple cell shading so this was fun o:

it was a just a drawing from a winter art prompt but I'd be lying if I didn't want to turn it into a short kinetic vn haha