Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
josh
Completed: Threed's Heroes and Happy Happy Halloween
Projects: Yotsuba&! Kinetic Novel, Other Projects.

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#2581 Post by josh »

neowired wrote:I've been playing with more realistic/dark things/techiniques lately. I must say I love the effect and how fast/easy it is to make.
Very Cool. I like it.
"My Name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look On My Works Ye Mighty And Despair!"

Sailerius
Regular
Completed: Vacant Sky, The Vestibule, Ars Harmonia
Organization: Project BC

#2582 Post by Sailerius »

All right, I've got a second attempt. Looking for some feedback and suggestions.

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#2583 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#2584 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Sailerius, she looks really cute^^ Kind of reminds me of anne of green gables. I fiddled with the image a bit, hope you don't mind. Sometime I find it easier to do this then just tell someone:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@Topagae, it looks really good, I like the red head :)

And here is mine. It a wallpaper for the VN I'm working on. I will start a wip page onec we have more final stuff, but for now this is ok.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Topagae

#2585 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fortaat
Regular

#2586 Post by fortaat »

@ Sailerius
Your biggest problem is anatomy. All other things are ok, and though I wouldn't hang your drawings on my wall, they wouldn't really distract me in a VN.
I storgly recommend you practice using a manikin, but if you don't want to waste money, read and practice this:

http://fineart.sk/show.php?w=908
http://fineart.sk/show.php?w=909

@ Auro-Cyanide
Very nice. I liked the characters, especially the dress. Did you blur the hearts one by one?

* The left arm of the arm should be more "under" the chest. The same thing happens on the right arm, but it's not really conspicuous.
* The letters go over the man.
* A matter of taste - his face looks too much like a generic anime emo guy.
* The English lettering is really ugly.
* I think the woman needs to be on the left, mirroring the man, but I'm not really sure. Just play with layers.

neowired
Regular

#2587 Post by neowired »

Today I bring you this awesomely weird/creepy thing
Attachments
chara real tech 001a5sa.png

Topagae

#2588 Post by Topagae »

Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neowired
Regular

#2589 Post by neowired »

Topagae wrote:What's "She"? Supposed to be?
A plant based creature

Topagae

#2590 Post by Topagae »

neowired
Regular

#2591 Post by neowired »

A modified more human-like version
Attachments
chara real tech 001bs.png

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#2592 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@topagae... that was her plan. Nah, I don't actually know [italic]who[/italic] she is. I just liked the idea of having her as a background element, kind of mysterious and all. It was kinda meant to be a teaser kind of artwork. Just be glad I'm not writing the story, I have a tendency to kill my characters off. I kind of want to make a otome game one day.... exactly how annoyed do you think people will be if I kill them at the end?

@fortaat Thanks for the critique :)
The hearts are meant to me cherry blossoms >> I have about three layers of them and applied guassian blur to two of them at different levels.
I understand the arm thing. I struggle with drawing jackets. I should draw them naked first but I was a bit lazy ^^'
Are you talking about the semi-opaque letters? You think they would be better underneath the main character? I was just messing around with making a cutom brush out of text, it wasn't anything major.
I understand the main character turned out a bit generic, but the writer wanted him to be 'normal' looking and since he won't actually appear much apart from the CGs, it probably dosn't matter to much.
The english text does look pretty bad in the smaller version, though it looks ok in the full sized version. The font is garamond, so there is nothing wrong with the typeface itself, just the size and resolution.
I probably could have played with the compostion more. I was trying to avoid having elements where the icons turn up on the screen (since it is a wallpaper) and have the title near the centre. But you are probably right, it may also work the other way round to.

@neowire. That is a very interesting concept :)

Topagae

#2593 Post by Topagae »

fortaat
Regular

#2594 Post by fortaat »

Auro-Cyanide wrote: @fortaat Thanks for the critique :)
What do mean "thanks"? I want money.

I'll remember the hearts trick. Never thought of trying to blur them on different layers.
Auro-Cyanide wrote:Are you talking about the semi-opaque letters? You think they would be better underneath the main character? I was just messing around with making a cutom brush out of text, it wasn't anything major.
Yes, the letters look like they're between the man and woman, so it's weird when they cover his jacket.
I understand the main character turned out a bit generic, but the writer wanted him to be 'normal' looking and since he won't actually appear much apart from the CGs, it probably dosn't matter to much.
Probably.
However, for future projects remember the following line:
"who knows more about visual art, me or you?"
And if he can't justify why the art should look a certain way in terms of benefits to the story, change it. Don't give up artistic freedom when you're without a payroll.

Good luck with the game.

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#2595 Post by playswithtribbles »

I'm bored... :|

So in the custom of all bored people I found myself wondering around the forums and searching for something completely useless to post.

So here:
A npc (non-player-character for those who don't speak rpg) from my game. AKA: Rorin the Drunk elf who sits in the corner of a tavern, and says really random things whenever you approach him. Like:
Rorin "I said shuddup, pickle nerfer!"
You "Who are you talking to?"
Rorin "Not you, that little pike-twirler behind you."
You "But there's no one behind me."
Rorin "We know that. But do they?" (Yes this is actual dialog.)
Anyways with out any further ado...
And no this is probably not the final product, so don't complain. Unless it's about how awful Dragonball Evolution was... I hate those people...
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."