Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
TMBpower
Regular

#106 Post by TMBpower »

Work in progress for now. I hate anatomy.:P

If you can't tell, it's ice skating.^^;;;;

...and a little mod of my sig, seeing that it had no BG.*shrug*

Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#107 Post by lordcloudx »

that work in progress is looking good TMBpower. Love the hair and the eyes. That skirt leaning towards blowing up is giving me naughty thoughts. :lol but that's just me.

Pardon me for stepping on your post. Here's ayu ayu. :twisted:
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#108 Post by papillon »

I set up my new tv capture card to record all the ice dancing at the olympics for sketching purposes. :)

For just normal poses, I have tons of Dollfies, which may be stiff but at least suggest a few ways of twisting and turning. But for really dramatic poses, you can't beat ice dance.

Akimaru
Regular

#109 Post by Akimaru »

^LCX: Nice 'Ayu Ayu' :)
Btw I'm not pinoy...

Anyways I have never seen a dark skinned girl in Anime before so I thought I might give it a try in my new game.
Attachments
lana.jpg
lana.jpg (43.32 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Last edited by Akimaru on Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#110 Post by rioka »

Nice one. Guess you're going to beat me to a girl with corn rows. ^_^ But yeah, not many darker skined characters in anime. Your girl looks like she can totally hang out with Nadine (a character in one of my games). Got a name for her yet? :)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#111 Post by PyTom »

Hm... Dark skinned girls in Anime. I can think of at least two off the top of my head:

Nadia - The title character of Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water.

Leila Balt - The piloting instructor from Stellvia.

They exist, even if they're not commonplace.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#112 Post by lordcloudx »

don't forget Urd from Ah! My Goddess
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#113 Post by PyTom »

I actually didn't totally forget about Urd, but she's a
half-goddess, half-demon hybrid
and so I'm not sure if skin tone can accurately be used to denote ethnicity in her case.

Some may object to Nadia on similar grounds, but
despite being Atlantean, she was able to concieve a child with Jean with no magic or advanced technology. So that means the're close enough to be considered the same species.

There's also the fact that she was searching for her ancestors in Africa. This would imply that she considers herself of African ancestry, which I'm pretty sure Urd wouldn't.
I'm actually not 100% sure about Lelia's ancestry, as I don't think it came up at all on Stellvia. But since Stellvia had a fairly diverse case (by Anime standards, anyway), I'll count her.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#114 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Peach Girl. Momo's dark skin is a big aspect in that series ^_^

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#115 Post by Megaman Z »

have we forgotten about Love Hina (specifically kaolla Su)?

where were we... oh yeah... artwork...

TMBpower>>the guy looks a little... what's the word I'm looking for? distorted? contorted? regardless, the rest looks somewhat akin to what we'd expect in some commercial games (in my opinion, which around here seems to have the value of one grain of a certain Ionic compound containing sodium).

lordcloudx>>before I really go and take a close look at this one, I've got to figure out why that character looks so familiar to me despite not recognizing the name. I'm having a case of deja vu over here.

akimaru>> looks good.
~Kitsune Zeta

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#116 Post by papillon »

Himemiya Anthy. More so in anime version than movie.

magi
Special Project Artist
Projects: Hanafuda Club, Infinity Rain

#117 Post by magi »

TMBpower wrote:Work in progress for now. I hate anatomy.:P

If you can't tell, it's ice skating.^^;;;;

Even though the human body are soft, there are rigid structure underneath it. So there is a limited where it can bend before it stop making sense to our eyes, which look at real human body all the time, can instantly tell what's going wrong with it. Although to articulate and reproduce those structures take some practice.

The thing about the type of pose you are at right now, it looks as if you have struggle a bit with a double figure skating routine which usually called from the male partner to wrap his arm around her waist a bit to support her for specific poses. Usually, it start with both facing opposing side and then perpendicular. The thing is, the support usually bent at the waist instead of upper torso, that's something to take note of. I think there is a good reference of a pose like this in one of the EVA manga in the title pages. Although they are dancing rather then Ice dancing. >.>

Well, that's that, here is a sketch I I just started.
Cerberus and Tartarus.
and something I had just started to color.
Nyo-May and Little Rain

TMBpower
Regular

#118 Post by TMBpower »

magi wrote: Even though the human body are soft, there are rigid structure underneath it. So there is a limited where it can bend before it stop making sense to our eyes, which look at real human body all the time, can instantly tell what's going wrong with it. Although to articulate and reproduce those structures take some practice.

The thing about the type of pose you are at right now, it looks as if you have struggle a bit with a double figure skating routine which usually called from the male partner to wrap his arm around her waist a bit to support her for specific poses.
I wasn't aiming for that effect at all, actually. The intention was to have her make a side stretch (like this, probably beyond balance limits for skaters, who knows, but it's not like I'm demonstrating real-life stuff in a comic :P). At the same time, I wanted the guy to glide in from a separate direction with a passing glance. Seen a couple people do it before, very pretty.

I won't go into the whole "anime-anatomy" issue, but I know the boundries; I just need to pay attention to them more now. Thanks for the feedback.
Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

magi
Special Project Artist
Projects: Hanafuda Club, Infinity Rain

#119 Post by magi »

Well not "anime anatomy", but it shouold had always been "anatomy" period. I really like your line quality, I hope you can do something with it.

bookie
Veteran

#120 Post by bookie »

Wow magi, you have a really great grip on anatomy. And lighting too. Very nice. Hey, you wanna do the art for my game? XD (just (sorta) kidding XD)