Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#7696 Post by Evy »

Yesterday I started on a character sprite for one of my projects.

This is the "nude" version with the default/neutral expression since they're all I've done so far. The actual outfits (+hairstyles) and other expressions will be drawn later... hopefully soon... OTL

GhostCracker

#7697 Post by GhostCracker »

Hello people, I'm kind of new of here. I did the pic for a Tokyo Ghoul Zine and just wanted to say hello. :) *Twirls aways*

Anyubel
Regular
Projects: Project Miasma
Deviantart: AnyuBel

#7698 Post by Anyubel »

@GhostCracker: I love the colours and shading, it kinda reminds me of Dangan ronpa style a little (which I recently played and am infatuated with).

I thought I'd post a sketch, because why not? I haven't done so in quite a while...

stormwyrm

#7699 Post by stormwyrm »

I didn’t make this myself, but it’s by my artist friend whom I’m working with on a visual novel called The Incarnation of Hatsune Miku. It features Hatsune Miku and my three original characters, Rin (麟), Saoirse, and Kjersti in Akihabara by night.

Limabaen
Regular

#7700 Post by Limabaen »

2hour sprite.jpg
I challenged myself to finish a sprite in under 2 hours, but only got to finishing the shirt before time ran out. So I slapped a couple of gradients onto the rest the clothes. So far she only has one expression, and her body layer is only coloured up to where the clothes end.
...Am I slow? Especially for the level of work I'm putting out? Does anyone have any tips on working faster? :|

so many mistakes orz

Hoyuu
Regular

#7701 Post by Hoyuu »

@Limabaen: welp, you're faster than me, if you can finish a sprite of that quality in under two hours, but then again, I always knew I'm a tortoise when it comes to art, and would like to get a little faster myself...
I certainly wouldnt call you slow, but I also don't really know how much time other artists take to finish their sprites, so I can't really compare you with anyone else but my tortoise self, sorry :'D

In other news I'm trying a new painting with very few layers and no lineart, but still very anime. Don't know if I should insist on it or just give up and go with good old lineart drawings but I'm trying :'D

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#7702 Post by infel »

Hoyuu wrote:@Limabaen: welp, you're faster than me, if you can finish a sprite of that quality in under two hours, but then again, I always knew I'm a tortoise when it comes to art, and would like to get a little faster myself...
I certainly wouldnt call you slow, but I also don't really know how much time other artists take to finish their sprites, so I can't really compare you with anyone else but my tortoise self, sorry :'D

In other news I'm trying a new painting with very few layers and no lineart, but still very anime. Don't know if I should insist on it or just give up and go with good old lineart drawings but I'm trying :'D

You're painting style is really nice =D. The eyes along with the moon really stand out and are really pretty. Good job :)
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

n0tgin
Regular

#7703 Post by n0tgin »

Wow I haven't been here in ages... These are just some fun drawings, I haven't really gotten any CG art done in MONTHS.
Attachments
god shes so terrible i love her so much 3.png
i rushed to save the dragon 2.png

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#7704 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

GhostCracker wrote:Hello people, I'm kind of new of here. I did the pic for a Tokyo Ghoul Zine and just wanted to say hello. :) *Twirls aways*

I love the brush strokes and colors you use, rough yet very striking <3

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#7705 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Background for my visual novel.

90% of my backgrounds are nighttime scenes and I can't figure out if you're supposed to show atmospheric fade if it's a night-time scene. Anyone know?

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#7706 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Park with a bench this time.

Pity it only occurs in one scene on a single path.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#7707 Post by Hijiri »

Decided to get some practice in and draw a before and after character development.
Attachments
The more restrictive parts of his outfit either become discarded or re purposed after he goes through his development
The more restrictive parts of his outfit either become discarded or re purposed after he goes through his development
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

RPADesign
Deviantart: RPAdopts

#7708 Post by RPADesign »

Doodled OCs (second one isn't my character)! : >
Attachments
cab699bd208b0e4c9830932f7cac4b64.png
9c1887e71e51207c9b006ce1db930948.png

EkanubaTheKittyCat
Projects: Live Over, The Witchcraft

#7709 Post by EkanubaTheKittyCat »

Two new sprites. Anyways, I'm looking for some experience so I'm open to help if anyone need.
Attachments
JaneFuriousRes.png
NewMezinnaRes.png

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#7710 Post by Tempus »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Background for my visual novel. 90% of my backgrounds are nighttime scenes and I can't figure out if you're supposed to show atmospheric fade if it's a night-time scene. Anyone know?
[You posted this a while ago so it's probably not that helpful anymore but...] I don't whether you're supposed to but I would. I'd probably make the buildings just recede all the way to the horizon and heavily fade them out, otherwise it looks like you're at the edge of town. You can also side-step the decision by making the road we're looking down intersect with another road so that there's buildings blocking the horizon.

---

Also, I finished this BG for an unannounced VN recently. It's the first fully painted BG I've done besides a few unfinished tests a long time ago. Usually I use a mixture of 3D and painting.

StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)