Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#1246 Post by Deji »

rough sketches dump~

I ran out of 0.5 mechanical leads yesterday and, since I don't have any store close home to buy some and I was lazy to draw with a normal pencil and sharpen it every 5 minutes to keep a thin line... I procrastinated from my drawing duties and just scribbled on the computer with the tablet ^^;

It's quite fun and relaxing to do that, hehe X3

Warning for uber messyness!
CMsketchgroup1.jpg
CMsketchgroup2.jpg
Those are random scenes pretending to ve event CGs that popped in my head from the hiatused-and-not-even-written-yet Caramel Mokaccino project of mine... I hope my writer decides to write some day 9_9.... she stopped working on it because I was busy drawing for Astre@ and never handed me any piece of what she wrote ._. *sigh*
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#1247 Post by Samu-kun »

Waaahhhhh... So cute!!! ^_^

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#1248 Post by bloodywyvern »

Ahh wow that's really nice! ^_^ Erm, if your writer won't write because your doing something else...couldn't you just...find another writer? O.o
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Deji

#1249 Post by Deji »

bloodywyvern wrote:Ahh wow that's really nice! ^_^ Erm, if your writer won't write because your doing something else...couldn't you just...find another writer? O.o
She's kind of my best female friend, and we created the characters together... so it'd hurt her if I just kicked out of our project. and found somebody else >__o;
It's like if I was busy because I was drawing Astre@, she'd fin herself another artist.... I'd feel betrayed ._.
Tumblr | Twitter

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#1250 Post by Cybeat »

.....how many years have you been drawing and CGing? I hope nobody mind asking me this.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

Deji

#1251 Post by Deji »

Hm... I atarted drawing random things since I can remember... probably when I was 3 or something XD;
I started drawing anime stuff when i was 11-12, and didn't got more references than what was on public tv and the mangas I could afford to buy until I got internet at the age of 18 and realized my drawings sucked XD;
I started coloring stuff on the computer when I was around 13, but I wouldn't call it "CG-ing". My proper digital coloring (celshading and stuff) started when I was 18. I got a tablet when I was 19.
Now I'm almost 25 and drawing and CGing is my life....
I wish I was as good as some other people my age or younger than me that do some awsome stuff, but oh well, I guess I'm lazy to improve faster ^^;
Tumblr | Twitter

RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

#1252 Post by RidleyWright »

Eh, nice rough sketches, the kiss scene looks ubb3r cute. I want to take it hooome![/rena mode]

... xD

Well, I was kind of wondering... When drawing faces with a frontal view, getting the eyes symmetrical is (at least for me) hard. So I was thinking if some people cheat with Photoshop and just copy, for example, the right eye and flip it horizontally and place it where the left eye should be. xD
At least I did that one time and the result was an enhanced drawing with one less part that looked weird. I just don't do that more often since it defeats the purpose of drawing both eyes and I'd have to scan a character with one eye only. Not too found of the idea. xD

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#1253 Post by Cybeat »

@Deji: You did the right thing. You've been drawing for many years and drawing CG for many years. Look at me, I just started drawing anime and CG just a few months ago. I don't even have a tablet, yet! I wonder if I'll be 30 by the time I get as good as you (I'm 17, by the way).

@RidleyWright: I think you should draw eyes first, then the face. It looks better and more accurate. It works for me.
Mujinchitai
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

Deji

#1254 Post by Deji »

RidleyWright wrote: Well, I was kind of wondering... When drawing faces with a frontal view, getting the eyes symmetrical is (at least for me) hard. So I was thinking if some people cheat with Photoshop and just copy, for example, the right eye and flip it horizontally and place it where the left eye should be. xD
I do that sometimes XD;;;
but most of the time, I draw guidelines for the top and the bottom of the eyes across the fface, so i get them at the same level.
Tumblr | Twitter

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#1255 Post by LVUER »

Deji,
But your drawing is already good enough. Indeed there are always others that better than you no matter how good you are.

I also have been drawing since age 3 (and I'm older than you) or so but look at my drawing, they're still sucks. I never do any coloring let alone digital inking.

May be, it's also because I don't concentrate on drawing. I also doing lots of other stuff (I'm also playing game and watching anime like CRAZY) and I must admit that I'm a lazy one too (not so much now though).

RidleyWright
Regular
Projects: Blue Moon

#1256 Post by RidleyWright »

@Cybeat: Hm, I'll try that, thanks. Though usually my problem ends up with the eyes not being on the exact same level despite my guidelines or the pupils having different sizes, lol.

@Deji: Ah, so the method Is used. xD I only use it as my last resource, so if a drawing doesn't look right and I'm already at photoshop phase, I just do that to correct some stuff.

Deji

#1257 Post by Deji »

Some more Caramel Mokaccino rough stuff spam because I have nothing better to do with my life (not really) and I'm still mechanical-pencil-less DX;
CMsketchgroup3.jpg
Tumblr | Twitter

LVUER
King of Lolies

#1258 Post by LVUER »

Deji,
Drawing is a good thing to do in life. At the very least, it is better than sitting on a couch and fattening yourself with chips and some animes or mangas (and sadly, I did, without the chips).

BTW, I want to ask you something (may be it's already been asked before), with that level of drawing (which is high enough, it has professional looks). Do you already think about the future? As a professional illustrator (or mangaka or making a circle) I mean. Just curious, don't have to answer if you don't feel like it.

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#1259 Post by Cybeat »

You can be at any level when you make a circle. I have a circle, and my drawing level is not high at all. Oh, I'm sorry. You was talking to Deji. I'll stay out.
Mujinchitai

LVUER
King of Lolies

#1260 Post by LVUER »

No, no, it's alright. I appreciate any comment, though yes, I'm talking to Deji (no reply though ^_^)

Indeed you can be at any level to make a circle (as long as you have the spirit and commitment). But at high level (like Deji), it's just a waste not to participate at any circle or make it into a professional career.

I'm a type that "go with all you got or not go at all" type so I must have enough ability before making/joining any circle (right now, I'm not joining any circle). I already decided to at least able to do digital coloring before doing any circle-thing or making any VN.