Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.

hitamitu
Completed: Wings to Fly
itch: hitamitu

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#7788 Post by hitamitu »

since i dont know where to begin. i'll post here
Attachments
16421221.jpg
afafwadv.jpg

morita-mistiqe
Deviantart: gabrielagogonea

#7789 Post by morita-mistiqe »

Attachments
pastel demon.png
miss d1.png
1.png

StunningSorbet

#7790 Post by StunningSorbet »

I'm just now getting into practicing drawing after a few years of hiatus. Lol And Jeremy is the result of this practice. ^^ He's nowhere near finished, but hopefully I'll get more states/emotions and turn him into a full sprite.
Attachments
Jeremy.png

rapidlyprototyping

#7791 Post by rapidlyprototyping »

Already posted this in my wip thread but here it is again.

fullmontis
Regular
Deviantart: fullmontis
itch: fullmontis

#7792 Post by fullmontis »

Hey, never posted my work on here, so I'll try :oops:

Here is some stuff I've worked on lately. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

You can check out more at my deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/fullmontis

heather-min.png
feet2.png
sittinggirl.jpg

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

#7793 Post by morinoir »

Been awhile since I post something in this thread. Dragon Age fans anyone?
solona.jpg

Westeford
Regular
Completed: 12 Hours to Die
Projects: Project Premonition
itch: westeford

#7794 Post by Westeford »

This is the menus for my current project. I just had an idea and went with it. I used to draw on the frame of my old computer, so that was pretty much the entire inspiration.
menu1.png
The main idea was that the buttons would be on the frame while the contents of each menu would be on the screen. I opted to use words instead of symbols because I felt that words would decrease the ambiguity. (Plus I'm bad at designing icons and whatnot.)
menu2.png
Instead of redesigning the frame I decided to take a different approach. Back at the school I used to work, many teachers would put post-it notes on the frame of their computers. So I applied that concept to the game menus. I even used a different font since it'd be weird for a computer manufacturer and a consumer to have identical handwriting. This took a very long time to figure out and execute.
menu3.png
As the game goes on, more menu options are added. I thought it would be too boring to use only post-it notes so I found other paper. Also you might've noticed already, but in the game menus, you can see the screen I paused on. It'll even show the characters.

So what do you think? It's kinda weird, but I don't think it's bad for my first custom GUI design.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#7795 Post by Zelan »

Westeford wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 pm This is the menus for my current project. I just had an idea and went with it. I used to draw on the frame of my old computer, so that was pretty much the entire inspiration.
menu1.png
The main idea was that the buttons would be on the frame while the contents of each menu would be on the screen. I opted to use words instead of symbols because I felt that words would decrease the ambiguity. (Plus I'm bad at designing icons and whatnot.)
menu2.png
Instead of redesigning the frame I decided to take a different approach. Back at the school I used to work, many teachers would put post-it notes on the frame of their computers. So I applied that concept to the game menus. I even used a different font since it'd be weird for a computer manufacturer and a consumer to have identical handwriting. This took a very long time to figure out and execute.
menu3.png
As the game goes on, more menu options are added. I thought it would be too boring to use only post-it notes so I found other paper. Also you might've noticed already, but in the game menus, you can see the screen I paused on. It'll even show the characters.

So what do you think? It's kinda weird, but I don't think it's bad for my first custom GUI design.
This is a really cool concept, and you executed it really well! I like it. :)

TAEKO

#7796 Post by TAEKO »

not quite done yet but here...
prolly never gonna finish this too .-.
Don't read me...
Seriously don't.
Just kidding. I'm just an awkward potato who doesn't know what to say in my signature...

Westeford
Regular
Completed: 12 Hours to Die
Projects: Project Premonition
itch: westeford

#7797 Post by Westeford »

I'm back, I just finished a sketch and made some adjustments. If you know DanganRonpa then you know the moments when the character portrait appears when you find a contradiction. (The "No that's Wrong" moment) I made one based on one of the characters in xlyn's character sprite page.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=45590
This was my first attempt at drawing a character sprite/CG. (Not sure what you call this.) Kinda curious to see what y'all think of it.
wrong_edmund.png

Reading_Steiner

#7798 Post by Reading_Steiner »

Sorry for not posting some of my art, but I still have to come up with something I'm satisfied with to begin with; but I really wanted to comment on what you guys drew! hitamitu, I really like your first chibi drawing; I'd buy the VN on Steam if this had been my first vision of the visual universe of your game.
morita-mistiqe, my favourites are your first and last drawings, your second one is well done but it's just something I'm not into; I still can tell it's well drawn and that you master proportions and angles of sight.
rapidlyprototyping, I'll say the same thing: not my style, but that's an awesome job in terms of skill, keep drawing like this and I'm sure you'll find a solid fanbase in no time!
TAEKO, I really like how your girl's stare is piercing through your eyes when you look at her... Is she "just" a dark beauty, or a straight out yandere?

In any case, I'm really glad I've discovered this forum, and I hope that one day I'll have something as great as your work to show around here.

cielle-amour
Projects: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Culdcept Revolt, Blade Strangers, RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore
Tumblr: cielle-amour

#7799 Post by cielle-amour »

Here are some of mine:

Image Image

Twitter: cielle_amour

Vickety

#7800 Post by Vickety »

Took a break from drawing a while ago but starting to get back into it, some recent-ish sketches I've done.
Inkedjtyktdytyjt_LI.jpg
Icon Soft.png
Icon Soft.png (76.31 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
vn ex 7.png