Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Holland
Regular
Projects: Lycoris: Their Journies [WIP], With or Without You [NaNo19]

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#6691 Post by Holland »

MomoiroGirl wrote: -CHARSHEETVN 1.png-
I like the second uniform a lot. Out of the three, I also think the first hair style fits her best and would be a little more unique (seeing as the other two are actually very similar to a few popular shoujo leads, so it might be hard to have people relate to your character without thinking of them).

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#6692 Post by MomoiroGirl »

@BarabiSama: Really, what characters are they? o.o

Okay, I added a few more examples, so imma repost quickly, don't mind if the drawings are sloppy-looking or crooked, they're just sketches XDD
(Also, please do give examples to variations of the examples or something completely different, that you think would be better than these I have here! :D) :

I might finally be onto a story I could use for a first otome VN, so I'm trying to buildt up a solid plot, before delving into how programming works OTL

I've been brainstorming the look of the main character, and so far I'm pretty sure that she's gonna have short, blonde hair, and I'm thinking her personality will be somewhat described as: "A realist, (and maybe cunning?) and is well-liked amongst her peers, friendly, outgoing, vibrant and perceived as attractive. I'm also thinking of adding the detail, that she has problems with intimacy. So basically I've drawn out some examples of how she might look, and I'd like to hear some opinions! (Don't mind some of the random sketches on the page XD)

Ok, so there are 5 bust-shots of ideas for her look (focus being her hairstyle), I'd like to hear your thoughts! (Whilst bearing her character-description in mind)

And in the middle, there are 4 quickly-sketched uniforms, if you can distinguish them from each other, I'd like to hear some thoughts on which you think match her look best :D Please tell me if the picture's too unclear or too small etc. :P
Attachments
chars2.png
Last edited by MomoiroGirl on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#6693 Post by Tempus »

nero279 wrote:@Tempus: Oh goodness, that background looks amazing :O!! I've followed you on tumblr too!

None of my teachers came to class this day so I spent some of the boring time to draw instead of studying, yep. Thought I'd share it here! Screwed up on the anatomy a bit over here and there, but I think I did a pretty good job(?) since I rarely draw girls in swimsuits.
Thanks and cooool :) I'm hopeless at character art feedback, but your sketches look pretty nice to me.
Sayuui wrote:Showing a few sketches and old art. I haven't been drawing simple things lately and it takes me an eternity to finish everything > v <;;;;
Oh, I like that watercolour one. Seeing VN art done that way would be sweet.

---

And here's another BG I made, this time for a Hanako Games title:
dim_hallway.jpg
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

Nekomiira
Regular
Completed: The Madness(as an artist)

#6694 Post by Nekomiira »

For some reason I made this into a character sprite. I'm probably never going to use it though but I like this character. :)
wats.png
Image | Image | Tumblr

dyrarendy
Regular
Projects: Visual Novel Dating Sims Masa SMA

#6695 Post by dyrarendy »

This is my Characters in My VN Project.
Well, All Characters here wear the same uniform.
Its National High School Uniform in my Country. Indonesia.

Name : Layla Fitriani , A Genius Girl. She's the smartest.
Name : Amara Ayunda, An artist Girl, She's the prettiest.
Name : Tirani Nuraini, Lady Sports, She's Basketball Stars.
Name : Meilani Fransischa, Childhood Friends, She's a student council president.
Name : Agung Resma, Best Friends, He is Main Character Best Friends.
Name : M. Aditia, A Genius Boy, He is Smartest after Layla.
My Project :

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#6696 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Thought I'd post the picture I just made for the Weekly Drawing Inspiration thread - and link to the thread for other artists, because somehow I've missed that thread for weeks!

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#6697 Post by Didules »

Huh.. There's a limit to how serious one can try to draw (semi)-realistic things. And suddenly.... BAM! Manga hair and strange cyborg-eye! :shock:
Attachments
Try.png

xiaomao
Regular

#6698 Post by xiaomao »

I want to share some work, too! Here is an old picture of robots.
3robotsclean.png

Nekomiira
Regular
Completed: The Madness(as an artist)

#6699 Post by Nekomiira »

I'm making a free to use sprite!^-^

I don't know if people would use it, but here's what it looks like at the moment:
spriteprev.jpg
Image | Image | Tumblr

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#6700 Post by ThisIsNoName »

Just an idea I wanted to get out of my head. It's supposed to be a modern day "blind seer".

Unfortunately, the eyes didn't quite turn out how I wanted to, so instead of looking creepy it just looks kinda derp. :lol:
Attachments
blind seer animation.gif

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#6701 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

@ Sayuui: Aww, many thanks! <3 Your art is amazing by the way, I love the way you use colours!

@ daijinahito: Wow, your colouring looks super neat! It's really clean and the strokes are all in shape, unlike mine which are always going around here and there welp And thank you for your comment in my recruitment thread, I appreciate it so much! (Forgive me for responding late, I keep forgetting to reply to people "orz)
I think we're going well with our project, my partner is a super fast writing machine hahahah!

And look, look, I'm actually making a full picture

Wish me luck! I'm so bad at finishing things ahak

bellice
Veteran

#6702 Post by bellice »

You know, sometimes I get really down when I look at my art because I feel that I just can't seem to do any progress. Anatomy still won't do what I want, clothes are pure HORROR, the colouring is still atrocious, the peeps still won't come out the way I want them too and I hate EVERYTHING.

And then I go to my photobucket and look at the oldest drawings I uploaded, slap them on the pic next to what I'm working on right now and realize...I may still not be good, but I sure as hell am better than I was a few years ago.

That is GREAT for motivation and confidence. Plus, it's hella interesting to see how your style changed.

For example, here we have a picture from 2010 (I think, but I'm not really sure) versus the sprite I'm working on right now. It's kinda funny how I went from pure anime to something more realistic.

Why I'm telling you all this? No idea, but if any of you ever need a confidence boost...just compare now and one or two years ago. Because there is no way you didn't improve over that time.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#6703 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

bellice wrote:You know, sometimes I get really down when I look at my art because I feel that I just can't seem to do any progress. Anatomy still won't do what I want, clothes are pure HORROR, the colouring is still atrocious, the peeps still won't come out the way I want them too and I hate EVERYTHING.

And then I go to my photobucket and look at the oldest drawings I uploaded, slap them on the pic next to what I'm working on right now and realize...I may still not be good, but I sure as hell am better than I was a few years ago.

That is GREAT for motivation and confidence. Plus, it's hella interesting to see how your style changed.

For example, here we have a picture from 2010 (I think, but I'm not really sure) versus the sprite I'm working on right now. It's kinda funny how I went from pure anime to something more realistic.

Why I'm telling you all this? No idea, but if any of you ever need a confidence boost...just compare now and one or two years ago. Because there is no way you didn't improve over that time.
Good stuff, Bellice, and so true.

I keep a stack of drawings I did in Jr. High (Age 11-12) beside my drawing desk. Some of them are half-way decent for a kid, others are hideous. But they all inspire me and remind me how far I've come. I think all artists can benefit from looking at old drawings when feeling down about their current skill level. I look at drawings I did my first year in art school and I cringe. In a good way. :mrgreen:

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#6704 Post by Hijiri »

I'm a bit out of practice in the lineart and coloring department, so I did some practice.
Attachments
This is a pretty old drawing &gt;&gt;;;
This is a pretty old drawing >>;;
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Keilis
Regular

#6705 Post by Keilis »

WIP, personal art.