Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#6481 Post by Xerofit51 »

meh..just for fun. Whatcha think :v
Attachments
Jackal
Jackal

Keilis
Regular

#6482 Post by Keilis »

^ Looks extremely devious. :d Very neat.

Commission sample I posted on my dA:

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#6483 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

A little sketch fanart of Leeron from Gurren Lagann :3
leeren.jpg

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#6484 Post by Didules »

It's been a while since I trained on anatomy, time to get back at it.... I'll just drop this here X)
/!\ these aren't meant to be clean at all :lol:
Attachments
Reading
Reading
I guess he's got somehting in the hand
I guess he's got somehting in the hand
"Huhu I'm so handsome"-style
"Huhu I'm so handsome"-style

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#6485 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

A project I'm working on, here is the sketch I more or less finished today :
sketch.jpg

einari
Regular

#6486 Post by einari »

My work I'm doing right now
Hoping It'll be finish tomorrow
Attachments
Ainp.jpg

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#6487 Post by Lady-Cynic »

Everybody has such nice art, unlike me, but I'm really proud of a drawing I made recently, so I'm going to post it anyway.
An animu academy of wonderful proportions. Pfft.
An animu academy of wonderful proportions. Pfft.
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#6488 Post by Starshine »

Lady-Cynic wrote:Everybody has such nice art, unlike me, but I'm really proud of a drawing I made recently, so I'm going to post it anyway.
The attachment animu academy.png is no longer available
I think it looks nice, i did press your Deviantart link but apparently Deviantart seems to be down so i cannot see all your work. I'm kinda the opposite... i find that making bgs hard... although i know how to manipulate photo's a little. Don't give up... we all can keep trying to improve our artworks. If i were to go to an art school where they taught Animation i'm sure i would improve because they teach you how to draw with shapes & so on. Currently i draw what i think of or what i see, i don't use shapes as guides because i don't understand them too well... plus they annoy me.

At the moment i'm currently trying to learn how to make sprites... move or turn... which i find to be very hard when drawing by hand.
Drawing body in different directions is annoying.png
2 made need to make more movements.png

Also character creation/clothing... seems to be very hard... i always wonder what kind of characters can be made without having to go all vintage diva.
Sprite Tests.png
Little Goil Sprites.png
BoopTesterSpritesForTestingOnly.png
Flapper Costume Designs Say Wha.png
Vintage Clothes.png
Vintage Clothes With People In Them.png
I find that lingerie/bathing costumes are the most easiest to draw out of everything.
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

#6489 Post by Lady-Cynic »

Starshine wrote: I think it looks nice, i did press your Deviantart link but apparently Deviantart seems to be down so i cannot see all your work.
Thank you for the compliment, it means so much to me, because even though I'm confident in designing buildings, I'm not that confident in drawing/painting BGs. That's so weird since deviantArt was just working for me. Granted, I was on my phone, so maybe it's probably part of the reason why it worked for me. And your sprites look so wonderful! There clothes design are pretty nice in a simplistic manner. I dabbled in animation a while back, but I can only do pixel animations, so good luck on your own adventure into it. :)

And to keep up with the thread topic, more art.
I haven't drawn people on my tablet in forevs, so forgive my horrible anatomy.
I haven't drawn people on my tablet in forevs, so forgive my horrible anatomy.
A BG for my upcoming VN.
A BG for my upcoming VN.
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

Starshine
Veteran

#6490 Post by Starshine »

Lady-Cynic wrote:
Starshine wrote: I think it looks nice, i did press your Deviantart link but apparently Deviantart seems to be down so i cannot see all your work.
Thank you for the compliment, it means so much to me, because even though I'm confident in designing buildings, I'm not that confident in drawing/painting BGs. That's so weird since deviantArt was just working for me. Granted, I was on my phone, so maybe it's probably part of the reason why it worked for me. And your sprites look so wonderful! There clothes design are pretty nice in a simplistic manner. I dabbled in animation a while back, but I can only do pixel animations, so good luck on your own adventure into it. :)

And to keep up with the thread topic, more art.
cutie pie.png
bg hut.png

No problem, thank you i too have only animated small things but wish to animate longer things and good luck to you too <3 (Yes, i hear only Mobile phones are currently working for DA, hopefully they will sort out their server problems) :D
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#6491 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Starshine : You have original style for your sprites, I like it, don't be afraid coz you're antimainstream one!

I'm trying to make decent sprites for my visual novel....and it's hard :( :lol:
eh deviantart seems to be down lately
1.jpg
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Starshine
Veteran

#6492 Post by Starshine »

tiya_nofurita wrote:Starshine : You have original style for your sprites, I like it, don't be afraid coz you're antimainstream one!

I'm trying to make decent sprites for my visual novel....and it's hard :( :lol:
eh deviantart seems to be down lately
The attachment 1.jpg is no longer available

Thank you :D Yes i too think it's hard but i think your sprites for that male character look awesome. (He even has 3 pairs of clothes) I've seen some of your CG images with some of your characters in them and they look just like the sprites! :D Actually to be honest with you i have realised that sprites are just a small slice of the "Cake" if you get my drift... CG scenes actually seem alot harder to make. If i were to ask people the big question on visuals would be... do you like to play games that have sprites who move alot or... erm ones with loads of CG scenes. Or say if a character had loads of sprites... would it make up for not having CG in the game? I can draw a few scenes but are not very advanced.

It's kinda funny that you quoted me Tiya_Nofurita because i'm currently (Trying) to make Quiz Games which are basically inspired by Pharmacy Quiz as i stated months back, only about other things. Actually to be honest i kinda have a thing for Quiz games at the moment.

I was attempting to make a quiz game in flash:
Giga3.gif
Giga3.gif (2.77 MiB) Viewed 1237 times

But it kinda slumped me down... with too much symbols/converting/codes so i thought why not port one to Ren'py (Change the story, and halftone the images in pure white, animate a few sprites... or make them move) and i've been messing around with it ever since. I'm a little more advanced with Flash than Ren'py but Ren'py is far more easier to use when typing loads of text. (You can do so much in Ren'py) You could even do over 500 questions... although a point system would be needed. It's a shame they don't have a dynamic "Point System" like that Dynamic count down button.
GigaGif2.gif
GigaGif2.gif (249.04 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
GigaGif.gif
GigaGif.gif (2.26 MiB) Viewed 1237 times
(Ever since i have been stalking (Old) Ren'py posts... learning how to make eyes blink...with that ATL block thing... although the eyes blink too fast, ect.

Only problems are that i do not understand the GUI (The buttons stand out to me most) but i was looking at Uncle Mugen's Renpy Imagebuttons GUI sample and trying to learn from it or so on. But like i say... we can keep trying. I would say anything i make is just a lets say test... until i advance. (Hopefully)

Now i understand why when people make games with Ren'py... it takes them long because sometimes codes crash or don't work... depending on how they are placed but it's an amazing system, i give it five stars.

Also Deviantart is back up and running <3
Attachments
PeachyQ.gif
PeachyQ.gif (365.79 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#6493 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Starshine : Where did you see my CG images? Lol. As far as I recall I didn't post any CG images on development thread....also there is no such a thing on the game demo....unless you already stalk into my deviantART or visit the website of my VN :lol: If I may state my subjective opinion, I'd prefer a visual novel with a lot of beautiful and engaging CGs rather than the one which has many variety of sprites movement....idk this is just me or it can be "extrapolated" to everyone else. I admit drawing CGs is really hard and take a lot of time....but drawing sprites is hard because they have to be consistent too, well I still learned how to make a "reproducible" sprites.

Good luck with your game! Unfortunately I'm not good with coding either so I can't help you much. Well,maybe I can if I learn thoroughly but I just don't really have time for that....my Pharmacy quiz is more like "my first experiment with Ren'Py" rather than a finishing game...Still I'm glad it can inspire you on other way around :D I also learn to customize GUI from Uncle Mugen tutorial too, and believe me, it's not really hard to get hang of it :D I already customized all the GUI aspect for my visual novel (until now), thanks to him.
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#6494 Post by Asceai »

It's nice to have a lot of CGs, but it's good to put into perspective what 'a lot' means: a CG for half an hour of reading is plenty. If the game is a few hours long it doesn't need a lot of CGs. If it's 50 hours long you want more.

Starshine
Veteran

#6495 Post by Starshine »

tiya_nofurita wrote:Starshine : Where did you see my CG images? Lol. As far as I recall I didn't post any CG images on development thread....also there is no such a thing on the game demo....unless you already stalk into my deviantART or visit the website of my VN :lol: If I may state my subjective opinion, I'd prefer a visual novel with a lot of beautiful and engaging CGs rather than the one which has many variety of sprites movement....idk this is just me or it can be "extrapolated" to everyone else. I admit drawing CGs is really hard and take a lot of time....but drawing sprites is hard because they have to be consistent too, well I still learned how to make a "reproducible" sprites.

Good luck with your game! Unfortunately I'm not good with coding either so I can't help you much. Well,maybe I can if I learn thoroughly but I just don't really have time for that....my Pharmacy quiz is more like "my first experiment with Ren'Py" rather than a finishing game...Still I'm glad it can inspire you on other way around :D I also learn to customize GUI from Uncle Mugen tutorial too, and believe me, it's not really hard to get hang of it :D I already customized all the GUI aspect for my visual novel (until now), thanks to him.
I remember clicking a link under your signature or profile and seeing something that looked like a CG or maybe i got confused, it must have taken you quite a while to finish your GUI, i kinda click random links under peoples signatures when reading posts on Lemmasoft. :lol: That's a very good point, i'm glad to hear your feedback on games that have a variety of sprite movement. (I guess it might not be for everyone) Yes, Uncle Mugen will post various help and tutorials on his official website which i have visited twice then you will read his signature quote on various posts "POOF" (Disappears), I'm kinda a coward when it comes to posting threads on forums, i usually am the one posting replys in threads that are already open. That's why you would rarely see me asking for help on here because everyone only gets redirected to the "Ren'py Cook Book". Anyway good luck to you too and thanks for the feedback on that subject of sprites & small animation. :wink:
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!