Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Abuelitaland
Regular
Projects: Ways To The Grave(18+/Gore), Pantyline(18+)
Tumblr: sketchyland

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#5956 Post by Abuelitaland »

A character from a game I'm working on. His name is Kennedy
Attachments
kenn4.png

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#5957 Post by King-sama »

Hi! I am new here, so I know nothing about this site XD;;; forgive me if I done anything wrong and such ^^'

Here is what I would like to receive a critique on (sorry it is a dirty sketch;><)

(My work is bad I know ||OTL) I will accept any kind of critiques. Also, if it wasn't so much of trouble, can you please draw on it what you mean in a different color?
Thank you~~

I can give some if you like, as well~ ^u^
Last edited by King-sama on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#5958 Post by 15385bic »

King-sama wrote:Hi! I am new here, so I know nothing about this site XD;;; forgive me if I done anything wrong and such ^^'

Here is what I would like to receive a critique on (sorry it is a dirty sketch;><)
kingy~~~~~
8D
you joined lemmaaaa!!!! *GLOMPS
i see you're trying to do more mature characters ;D
(and i keep telling you not to doodle on line paper OTL)
critique wise - i think the girl needs to have one foot on the ground coz it looks like she's floating and perhaps change the angle of her hand.. (not sure how <-- hopeless with hands)

anyways - hopefully gets to see more from you in the future 8D
if it werent for the fact that his art was so good that he should work on his own stuff - i would've tried kidnappng him to colour for me-he an awesome colourist but has beautifull art in his own respective rights http://chibikingsama.deviantart.com/

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#5959 Post by JumpJump »

Another one I'm hoping to finish soon.
banjo-kazooie wip.jpg
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#5960 Post by chocojax »

King-sama wrote:Here is what I would like to receive a critique on (sorry it is a dirty sketch;><)
Uhh, here's what I've done.

One:
sumcrti1.png
In my opinion, he should be stretched out a little bit more. You were trying for some perspective, right? I can kind of see it, but his torso seems really, really short. His head also looked a little bit too large, in my opinion.
Also, his farther hand should be tilted slightly, to be more relaxed. Try letting your hand limp a little by your side, but still hold your arm out. Kinda looks like that, I think.

Two:
sumcrti2.png
I wrote everything down, I think. Try to imitate how your hand looks relaxed in front of a mirror, basically.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#5961 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Trying to make futuristic scene, ended up with random colors everywhere. I don't dislike it, though.
mn fanrt.jpg
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

King-sama
Veteran

#5962 Post by King-sama »

chocojax wrote:
King-sama wrote:Here is what I would like to receive a critique on (sorry it is a dirty sketch;><)
Uhh, here's what I've done.

One:
sumcrti1.png
In my opinion, he should be stretched out a little bit more. You were trying for some perspective, right? I can kind of see it, but his torso seems really, really short. His head also looked a little bit too large, in my opinion.
Also, his farther hand should be tilted slightly, to be more relaxed. Try letting your hand limp a little by your side, but still hold your arm out. Kinda looks like that, I think.

Two:
sumcrti2.png
I wrote everything down, I think. Try to imitate how your hand looks relaxed in front of a mirror, basically.
SUPER THANKS for you detailed critique!!! I am soo lucky there's wonderful people here like you~~! TTATT this really helped me a lot! 8> You seem to be a pro artist!! *A* How can I return the favor? Do you like a critique back? or a chibi/head shot drawing from me? 8D //I would feel terrible if you said no

King-sama
Veteran

#5963 Post by King-sama »

15385bic wrote:
King-sama wrote:Hi! I am new here, so I know nothing about this site XD;;; forgive me if I done anything wrong and such ^^'

kingy~~~~~
8D
you joined lemmaaaa!!!! *GLOMPS
i see you're trying to do more mature characters ;D
(and i keep telling you not to doodle on line paper OTL)
critique wise - i think the girl needs to have one foot on the ground coz it looks like she's floating and perhaps change the angle of her hand.. (not sure how <-- hopeless with hands)

anyways - hopefully gets to see more from you in the future 8D
if it werent for the fact that his art was so good that he should work on his own stuff - i would've tried kidnappng him to colour for me-he an awesome colourist but has beautifull art in his own respective rights http://chibikingsama.deviantart.com/
No, I am just another person who just stole the name King-sama lol jk ( b-but lined paper motivate me to do more dirty sketches XD;)
Thanks 8D I actually wanted her to be floating~ (You have your doll hands, remember?)
You also have to try harder, girl!

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#5964 Post by truefaiterman »

I just posted this in my personal thread, but I'm just loling so hard about this I have to keep showing it xD DeviantArt version (too big to be uploaded):

http://truefaiterman.deviantart.com/art ... -405137815

And the imagen in an acceptable size:
Attachments
What is this I don't even xD
What is this I don't even xD
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#5965 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

Oh well, finally decided to try setting tones with MangaStudio :
Attachments
Test Trame.jpg

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#5966 Post by Didules »

TheGuraGuraMan wrote:Oh well, finally decided to try setting tones with MangaStudio :
Wow, I love your art! The design of her clothe is awesome! And about mangastudio, would you recommand it for someone who wants, well, to set tones? Because on your drawings, it's really beautiful, but a drawing doesn't say if it was easy to set tones or long or whatever! :) Do you have any advices or any random facts to say about this software?

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#5967 Post by JumpJump »

Didules wrote:
TheGuraGuraMan wrote:Oh well, finally decided to try setting tones with MangaStudio :
Wow, I love your art! The design of her clothe is awesome! And about mangastudio, would you recommand it for someone who wants, well, to set tones? Because on your drawings, it's really beautiful, but a drawing doesn't say if it was easy to set tones or long or whatever! :) Do you have any advices or any random facts to say about this software?
It's been a long time since I used Manga studio (at least 4+ years ago). From what I remember, It did have a nice variety of tones and with a first time, hand's on approach it was not to difficult for me, but I had little experience of it, as I was working at the time and any free time I had, I just spent sleeping. I might just pick it up again so I could try some shading exercises. Give it a try!

This is all I did with the program at the time.

"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#5968 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

Thanks for the compliment :) !

And actually, didn't use MangaStudio much before that, Because I'm more used to Photoshop. For people who wants to make mangas or simply set tones, it´s quite useful.

Adding tones is easy, it´s exactly like basic coloring, and it looks quite good. Apart from that, don't have much to say... If you're interested in MS's features, you should look at the description on the official website ^^.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#5969 Post by Didules »

@JumpJump: Thanks a lot! Your drawings are great (as usual ;) ) and the tones are also really nice, it doesn't give the "digital" feeling one can sometimes see with tones put on computer :)
@TheGuraGuraMan: Thank you! I've already read a bit on the official website, but, err, basically, having real advices and thoughts on the software from someone using it is a bit better than just reading what the official website says ^^
I think I'll think about it a bit more and then try it, because it still is a bit expensive ^^; but it seems really great, the tones give a "neat" feeling :)
Thanks again and have a good day!

And since this still is a art dumpage thread: here is a little WIP :) The red lines are what I still have to do (using lines or just some colors when coloring it for the wings)
Trying things and others with SAI :)
Trying things and others with SAI :)
First time using paint tool SAI and this software is so useful! The lineart is way much easier to do!! (yeah feels a bit to thin here because I didn't anticipate the fact that a huge picture is smaller when I resize it... Gotta find if there's a way to widen the lines ^^;)

King-sama
Veteran

#5970 Post by King-sama »

Wanna date with him? // sorry, I am lazy to switch to plain paper ;P
Last edited by King-sama on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.