Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:02 am
- Projects: Clichéd
- Location: Singapore
Sorry, but I prefer the first one. Don't get me wrong, I like anime style, definitely. But the first just sort of appeals to me. Maybe because it feels more refreshing? Since the anime style has been done so many times.
But I also prefer the first because I don't like glasses on anime dudes, only IRL >///<
I'm so shallow.
'You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater'
Profile pic drawn by the wonderful akemicchi
|| Honest Critique
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1909
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm
- Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
- Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
- Organization: sakevisual
- Tumblr: sakevisual
- Deviantart: sakevisual
- itch: sakevisual
Moved this thread to the art feedback section since it's primarily about art style.
- Posts: 439
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:35 pm
- Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
- IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
- Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com
- Location: Canada
I would personally like the more anime like art. I find the colouring more attractive (and the character itself is adorable:*)
i'll cry if you yell at me
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:40 pm
- Projects: Maiden Iron
- Location: AL
Just like everyone has been saying: both styles are gorgeous
I would personally like the first style a little more than the second one, mainly because the first has a sense of being different. But that is just my preference
(As is the character… >///< gah! Both guys are so handsome though!)
- Posts: 82
- Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 pm
- Location: California
yes, and yes.
But also, personality is a factor in it too :]
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:08 am
- Completed: 0
- Projects: 0
- Organization: Currently free lancing in order to gain experience
Discounting art style, I like the first one best. His design is really detailed, and...
...I like his hair.
- Posts: 370
- Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 am
- Completed: Home's Embrace
- Projects: Royality TV
- Tumblr: fungiidraws
- itch: fungii
- Location: England
Neither are really my taste in guys but as far as the comparison goes, the first one. I can't really say what it is, I just think the design is nicer for him.
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:29 am
- Location: Under your bed hoho ಠ ᴗ ಠ
Both styles are okay but not something I would get excited and I usually get excited over otome games when I see the art and design. >///<
Maybe somewhere in between?
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:24 am
- Completed: None so far!
- Projects: Currently working on... Starlight Wishes
- Tumblr: loli-studio
- Deviantart: harajukulolita
I'd date them both!!!!! The first character kind of reminds of Saeki Teru from Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side 2nd Kiss, desu XD I love that character......*slinks away into the darkness to play tokimeki again*
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 558
- Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:39 pm
- Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard
I prefer the first one because of the art style and look of the character, but I really like both.
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 am
- Location: 名古屋
Well, frankly, I believe both art styles are anime-ish, if you ask me. But, uh, I would go with choice 2 on this. I have to say, meganekun and green hair have always been a thing for me. Putting them together.... Fu fu fu. But, to make things more clear, I would rather date the guy with the most interesting of the two's personality. Regardless of what they may look like, it all boils down to the character's inner quality.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 559
- Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 7:59 pm
- Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
- Projects: BL VN
- Deviantart: Lesleigh63
I thought both styles were similar to each other. The first is pushing more towards semi-realism but it's left rather loose in the brushwork and doesn't have the range of color that can be incorporated in that style. I like both styles, so either is fine with me.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 522
- Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:06 pm
- Organization: Metasepia Games
- Deviantart: qirien
- Github: qirien
- itch: qirien
- Location: New Mexico, USA
Both would work fine in an otome VN. The first one looks more angsty and intense and serious; the second looks like he could have a lighter side. I like the armor style on the first, but I'm more likely to go for the personality the second seems to have (I can't stand too much angst!).
Users browsing this forum: No registered users