Paint Tool Sai 2.0

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Paint Tool Sai 2.0

#16 Post by Lishy »

MaiMai wrote: SAI has always been around the $50 mark and the fact that you can use your license multiple times if you happen to change computers is why it's such a good deal for beginning artists.
I've tried it once before.

SAI is good because of the amazing inking tools, and you know it!
-

Heartstrings
Regular
Projects: Currently Unnamed Project

#17 Post by Heartstrings »

Am I the only one not able to open it? I extracted the .exe, but when I click on it, it just gives me an error in japanese.Image I've tried opening as administrator, with japanese locale, 32 and 64 bit, but it wont work! Help?

Disciple

#18 Post by Disciple »

I'm ex sai user. Now I'm using Clip Studio Paint EX (which I bought when it's on sale) and it's really awesome. But sai 2 is actually quite good. I mean, for a software that costs around $50, I think the functions it offers are quite good, almost just like Clip Studio Paint (or manga studio before) which I bought for $120 something. The original price is $400 something if I'm not wrong.

2dt
Regular

#19 Post by 2dt »

Heartstrings wrote:Am I the only one not able to open it? I extracted the .exe, but when I click on it, it just gives me an error in japanese.Image I've tried opening as administrator, with japanese locale, 32 and 64 bit, but it wont work! Help?
Does that error generate a log file in the directory where the .exe is? If so, I had the same problem, but after I restarted it just sorta resolve itself. Strange.
Disciple wrote:I'm ex sai user. Now I'm using Clip Studio Paint EX (which I bought when it's on sale) and it's really awesome. But sai 2 is actually quite good. I mean, for a software that costs around $50, I think the functions it offers are quite good, almost just like Clip Studio Paint (or manga studio before) which I bought for $120 something. The original price is $400 something if I'm not wrong.
Also using Clip Studio. It's a great piece of software, but for me it's slow on larger images. It also crashes for no reason some times. Tons of useful functions though.

dandelionfluff
Projects: Afternoon Of June

#20 Post by dandelionfluff »

*sigh* I wish I could get the new version >.< it seems so awesome.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#21 Post by MaiMai »

Hopefully it'll be released soon. There's probably a lot of stuff that still needs to be solidified, such as an English translation.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

meiri
Regular
Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games

#22 Post by meiri »

This is REALLY neat. If they release a version translated to English, I might just buy it. (Or honestly, even if they dont, Ill probably still remember the functions, as 2dt has said.

Radical Raccoon

#23 Post by Radical Raccoon »

Heartstrings wrote:Am I the only one not able to open it? I extracted the .exe, but when I click on it, it just gives me an error in japanese.Image I've tried opening as administrator, with japanese locale, 32 and 64 bit, but it wont work! Help?
I have the same problem. It says that the program has performed an illegal operation. I'm not sure what causes it yet, but I do know that I can run it in a virtual machine and on other computers so I'm assuming that something else I have installed is conflicting with SAI 2 in some way. I've been on Japanese boards where a few others have had this problem, but there are no answers to be had there either. There seems to be only a handful of users experiencing this problem. I'll try debugging this later on and see if I can pinpoint the actual cause.

Update on error: After uninstalling the driver for my tablet, PaintTool SAI 2 works again. It's weird though. I know it worked for a short while even with the driver installed. Oh well. It is an early build so problems like these should be expected.
Last edited by Radical Raccoon on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

2dt
Regular

#24 Post by 2dt »

Radical Raccoon wrote:
I have the same problem. It says that the program has performed an illegal operation. I'm not sure what causes it yet, but I do know that I can run it in a virtual machine and on other computers so I'm assuming that something else I have installed is conflicting with SAI 2 in some way. I've been on Japanese boards where a few others have had this problem, but there are no answers to be had there either. There seems to be only a handful of users experiencing this problem. I'll try debugging this later on and see if I can pinpoint the actual cause.

Anyway, if anyone is still interested in an English patch for this, I've been working on one. I estimate that I'll have it finished in about a week.
View in full size

I post updates in this thread: Paint Tool SAI 2.0 available for download

Update on error: After uninstalling the driver for my tablet, PaintTool SAI 2 works again. It's weird though. I know it worked for a short while even with the driver installed. Oh well, it is an early build so problems like these should be expected. n_n
I follow that thread regularly. Thanks for your hard work.