Emofuri?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Re: Emofuri?

#16 Post by Morhighan »

Rinima wrote:This looks pretty cool.
Only problem I have is boobs jigging all over the place which is just down-right infuriating for me.
I feel like the creatures of this program have no idea what the function of a bra is ;~;
Luckily, you can assign the boob physics to jewelry, or just take it straight out. :3

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

#17 Post by Katy133 »

Morhighan wrote:
Rinima wrote:This looks pretty cool.
Only problem I have is boobs jigging all over the place which is just down-right infuriating for me.
I feel like the creatures of this program have no idea what the function of a bra is ;~;
Luckily, you can assign the boob physics to jewelry, or just take it straight out. :3
I assigned the "boob physics" to the tie for one of my characters:

ImageImageImageImageImage

I gathered some tutorials and downloads on my Tumblr account that others might find useful: here & here
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

laiktail

#18 Post by laiktail »

So I asked this in another thread which got locked (because it was more appropriate to post in this thread), but has anyone here actually used EmoFuri in a game yet?

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

#19 Post by Katy133 »

laiktail wrote:So I asked this in another thread which got locked (because it was more appropriate to post in this thread), but has anyone here actually used EmoFuri in a game yet?
I haven't yet, but in theory, you can use EmoFuri in a game using Visual Novelty, as Novelty supports video imports, and EmoFuri allows video exports.
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

#20 Post by Sonya »

laiktail wrote:So I asked this in another thread which got locked (because it was more appropriate to post in this thread), but has anyone here actually used EmoFuri in a game yet?
I was playing around with it all day and made a short visual novel with Emofuri, check it out here:
http://joilly.com/play?n=xRRRRRRRRQ

Here's a screenshot:

It's SO COOL, I can't believe I didn't find free lil' software before. Does anyone know if there's an English version of the program???

laiktail

#21 Post by laiktail »

Nice one Sonya! EmoFuri is pretty cool right?

Just in case anyone was wondering about an English version, I mailed the E-mote team (with English + Japanese Google Translated , haha) and this is the response from them:
Hello! Thanks for your inquiry, and we're glad to see interest in E-mote and Emofuri from around the world.
Currently, our E-mote and Emofuri software are only available in Japanese.
We are still undecided about creating English language versions, so we appreciate knowing that you are interested.
Right now we are also looking into making the manual and other related documents available in English.
Any updates about the possibility of English language versions will be posted to our site and twitter when the time comes.

Thanks for asking, and thank you for your interest.

M2

Sonya
Veteran

#22 Post by Sonya »

That's a darn shame. -_-

Oh well, at least I can use it now for my visual novels(its just slightly annoying to set it to Japanese Locale). EmoFuri works great with HTML, I just tested it out with an exported animated GIF and it imported into Flash just like the .png images! <3

Is live2D it's competitor or something??

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#23 Post by LVUER »

Sonya wrote:That's a darn shame. -_-

Oh well, at least I can use it now for my visual novels(its just slightly annoying to set it to Japanese Locale). EmoFuri works great with HTML, I just tested it out with an exported animated GIF and it imported into Flash just like the .png images! <3

Yes, it's a similar software. Live2D is older so it's more mature and been used in more games. Emoten is newer so it has better technology. Live2D has English version and also there is the free version for commercial indie project while Emoten so far only have subscription fee system.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Sonya
Veteran

#24 Post by Sonya »

LVUER wrote:
Sonya wrote:That's a darn shame. -_-

Yes, it's a similar software. Live2D is older so it's more mature and been used in more games. Emoten is newer so it has better technology. Live2D has English version and also there is the free version for commercial indie project while Emoten so far only have subscription fee system.
Ah I see. I just checked out some Live2D tutorials, and wow, there is such a huge learning curve to go through (model files, mapping out objects, etc etc etc @_@;). I kinda disagree with you, I think Live2D has better technology cause it looks much more flexible, and I agree with what you said earlier, it DOES make it look more 3D that EmoFuri. Live2D would definitely be great for professional use, and EmoFuri would be great for consumer use the way things are looking right now. (I think I'm gonna stick with Emofuri since I don't want to bother learning all that...stuff)

....It's amazing how technology moves so fast these days... :shock:

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#25 Post by LVUER »

I wrote Emoten have better technology because its 2D looks better (so far though it could depend on person who made it), which is the purpose of both software.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Sonya
Veteran

#26 Post by Sonya »

LVUER wrote:I see that this is similar to Live2D. But considering the price (if you go commercial), I would prefer Live2D since it really makes 2D arts looks like 3D (looks more alive and natural).
I'm confused, when you say Emoten, are you referring to Live2D's nickname??? You did say you preferred Live2D because it makes 2D look more 3D.

But in the end, yes it depends on how good the animator is.

laiktail

#27 Post by laiktail »

I was really impressed by Live2D sprites once-upon-a-time but Emote is just so much better looking. Currently the major advantage of Live2D is that it's free for indies, for now. It's used by some pretty big companies. But I'd much rather pay for Emote because it looks more natural.

Sayuui
Regular
Completed: Refraction, I want to fly
Projects: Seraphim, Lucid Dreamer
IRC Nick: Sayuui
Tumblr: Sayuui

#28 Post by Sayuui »

I've been trying to use emofuri lately. It is a VERY complicated thing to use since you have to change your computer's region and that can make some painting programs like SAI turn to Japanese as well. They consequently glitch, and that can be a big pain... ^^'' I have tried to install Microsoft's plugin for programs that work only with certain regions, but I didn't get to install it... I wonder if someone could help with that?

though it can REALLY become something else when it comes to VN sprites. Here are some examples of VNs that were made with e-mote sprites:

And Sayori's upcoming Visual novel, Nekopara~
Freelance anime artist. Find me on
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio
Instagram
Business inquiries: sayuuiart@gmail.com

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#29 Post by noeinan »

Oh, I think Hyperdimension Neptunia used this. I'll have to take a look.

Neryko
Regular
Deviantart: neryko

#30 Post by Neryko »

I tryed to use this programme like 4 month ago, but is only in japanese. Does anyone know about any language patch?