Cool art program for faster work... "Lazy Nezumi"

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

Cool art program for faster work... "Lazy Nezumi"

#1 Post by Razz »

Been fiddling around with this program and it's quite cool:
https://lazynezumi.com/home

It's a photoshop plugin and it can apparently make photoshop give lines like paint tool sai, which if you're like me, photoshop lines end up too shaky, so I often need to run photoshop and sai side-by-side. Full disclosure I haven't made the switch yet to just photoshop but the most interesting feature to me is the 'distortion scripting', which streamlines making shapes like multiple circles and perspective. There's a bit of a learning curve to this one, imo, but the perspective feature was very intuitive:

There's a free demo but its $35 to actually have it but I thought i'd post it here in case someone found it useful.

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

Re: Cool art program for faster work... "Lazy Nezumi"

#2 Post by truefaiterman »

I've tried it, and I actually uploaded a drawing I inked with this plugin:

http://truefaiterman.deviantart.com/art ... -531561651
(NSFW, so if you don't have a DeviantArt account with access to adult content you won't be able to see it)

The more rule-oriented tools like radial references, perspective and such have a LOT of room for improvement, mostly because they won't move with the work-table (which means, if you move around the drawing, you'll lose the reference).

With that said, the stabilizer itself is amazing, and I'd say it's actually better than Sai's, excellently customizable and very light. I definetely recommend it: since I have it, the only reason I keep inking with Sai is because I prefer to follow the same process for all the sprites of a single game.
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#3 Post by sendo »

Thanks for the heads up, my lines in Photoshop end up shaky too. But I totally missed these cool features, I thought it was just a line smoothing plugin! Will definitely be experimenting with it for sure.

Also related, I recently discovered a similar perspective tool in Krita called the 'ruler assistant tool'. It worked but it was kinda clunky — my lines sometimes disconnected and I had to redraw my lines again (although it could be just me since it was also my first time using Krita). But I think it's worth a try, especially since Krita is free and a decent alternative for people who don't have Photoshop. Anyway, so I don't derail this topic, check out this link for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhEv2pw3EuI - it's the developer walking through the tool (I didn't know where is what in Krita and the key bindings are different so I needed a visual guide). And you can get Krita from https://krita.org/.
Finished VNs:
Image Image

Jate
Regular
Deviantart: Jate8D

#4 Post by Jate »

Rulers are great! They're why I switched over from SAI to Manga Studio. Aside from rulers that you follow directly like this one, it's also got a perspective ruler and a symmetry ruler which effect the entire stage. >u<b

wifom
Regular

#5 Post by wifom »

THIS IS SO AMAZING. Wow, to get perfectly symmetrical and geometrical shapes while keeping the "hand drawn" feel is such a cool feature to have. I just don't use photoshop enough to really justify switching over though. All my coloring gets done in SAI. :(