CG SKETCH CRITIQUE?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
フリークェンシー
Regular

CG SKETCH CRITIQUE?

#1 Post by フリークェンシー »

Hey all, I am slowly learning anatomy and I need all the help I can get. If you want to see my other stuff, stalk for my post and signature. (We love all our stalkers here) Just a quickie post on this one. Some info on the image:

- He's on his knees, but he is taller than her which is why his torso is longer
- I may or may not change her hairstyle, any recommendations for a sadistic looking girl? (she's a sadist)
- They're going to be much closer, but for this post I moved them apart
- He has no hands because I haven't figured them out yet (object or no?) :|
summer hotsample.jpg
Click to zoom in ^

alberte
Veteran
Tumblr: klaruga
Deviantart: Klaruga

Re: CG SKETCH CRITIQUE?

#2 Post by alberte »

Something is really bothering me about the mouth of the guy.
I don't know what's going on in this pose, I think you should really draw the hands because it only leaves me guessing.
If you haven't figured out yet the hands can you provide a describe what's going on in this scene?

And why is he on his knees?
I think that if you want to portray her as sadistic it is more about the emotion and facial expression than the hair.
You don't have to do this but for a little variation have one person who you can see at an angle both of their eyes.

I think her hands/arms would benefit from being redrawn as I think that they could be given a better purpose. (sorry if that sounds confusing.. as in redrawn into a different position..

How close are they supposed to be?... I think move them apart changes the feeling of the drawing? not sure..

How large are you drawing? cause I checked on sai and it's way above 4000x4000.

~`_`

フリークェンシー
Regular

#3 Post by フリークェンシー »

- So the final pose is him trying to get her to forgive him knowing her sadistic behavior (sorry for the anime mouth, I was trying to show a look of panic but its disturbing i guess)
- I hate drawing hands *_* but again, he's grabbing her arm / in explanation, and she's acting like a yandere calm/cool exterior
- I want to make her cute and not too visibly psycho so I won't change her expression
- I'll try to draw those godforsaken hands (*゜-^)ゞ
- I might keep them apart but will that change the intimacy? Because they do like each other (lol somehow)??

- Way about 4000x4000???? I think you downloaded the zoomed in one, because im drawing it at 2500x2900 :0

Zylinder
Veteran

#4 Post by Zylinder »

The thing that instantly grabbed me was that you've reversed the gestures of both these characters: the confident/sadistic girl is slouching, while the guy asking for forgiveness is bending his torso forwards.

Even without faces, you can get the idea across easier by having their body language reflect what's happening. My sketch is more extreme on confidence/dejectedness, but you can always pull that back once you've gotten the hyperbole'd emotion down.
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg

フリークェンシー
Regular

#5 Post by フリークェンシー »

Updated version
Attachments
Fixed mouth, arm, head, lips
Fixed mouth, arm, head, lips