- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:26 am
- Projects: "This is Literally a Self-Insert VN"
- Tumblr: deCASSNI
- Deviantart: CasslynTheHedgehog
- Soundcloud: deCASSNI
But I was curious if anyone has an ACTUAL list of pros and cons of both Live2D and Emofuri.
I'm planning to buy one of them but I would like to know everyone's personal opinions/personal list of pros and cons.
I have read a few forums on these programs, although a lot of it seems to come back to just one being better than the other or one works better with a certain program, at least, as far as I'm aware.
Any form of pros and cons will do, thanks ^^
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1849
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:47 pm
- Projects: The Space Between
Emofuri exports the animations to your game as GIF files, which are limited to 256 colors, and can't react to the player in real time. You'd have to create separate animations and switch between them on a click, or something like that. If you are using the free version of Emofuri, you are limited to 4 second clips, and can't use them in a commercial game (have to purchase a full license). It seems easier to use than Live2D, but more limiting. Few game engines support gifs anymore.
All depends on what you want to do and what you are comfortable with.
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm
- Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
- Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
- Organization: Fastermind Games
- Deviantart: sundownkid
- Location: NYC
Users browsing this forum: No registered users