NEED HAIR IDEAS FOR CHARACTER

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
フリークェンシー
Regular

NEED HAIR IDEAS FOR CHARACTER

#1 Post by フリークェンシー »

Hey all, just a quick post this time. I'm practicing on CG art, something for my art portfolio maybe, and I don't know what hairstyle to give my character.

I'm going for a mystical yet sultry look. I don't think she looks good with long hair, but who knows.

And if you possibly can, could you suggest some background ideas and names? For BG, something that brings focus to the character (as I'm going to add Photoshop effects to make it stand out and have more depth to it) and the name can be anything catchy.

Also, sorry for the blurs, respect my privacy ya'll. 8)
Hair? Bg? Names? Suggestions
Hair? Bg? Names? Suggestions

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

Re: NEED HAIR IDEAS FOR CHARACTER

#2 Post by King-sama »

I would like to try hair styles 8)
And about background you could make it black, it will make your character stand out

フリークェンシー
Regular

#3 Post by フリークェンシー »

King-sama wrote:I would like to try hair styles 8)
And about background you could make it black, it will make your character stand out
Thank you!
Any reference photos of hairstyles? :0
Black isn't too bad, maybe a gradient I was thinking?

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#4 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

For background colors it depends on what color you'd like for the character, but I suggest something earthy if you'll color her with warm colors/pastel (a bit more neutral)

But if you're going for a cold colors then something grey/dark pale purplish will be good? You can combine the colors and see which is better before shading it (try changing the hue and saturation etc)

Sometimes giving the background a flat color/just typical white will work out with the right combination, or adding a bit of ornaments?

Brown shades

And for hairstyles, there are lot of references on google, but I suggest hairstyles that show the flow of her hair (for the sultry looking)

Hairstyle

You can change it a bit by shortening it on some sides or adding a braid etc. Just try experimenting! It'll be fun to see how it changes with different hairstyles.

Sorry if it's a bit messy (typing from phone lol) hope it helps even just a bit!

フリークェンシー
Regular

#5 Post by フリークェンシー »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:For background colors it depends on what color you'd like for the character, but I suggest something earthy if you'll color her with warm colors/pastel (a bit more neutral)

But if you're going for a cold colors then something grey/dark pale purplish will be good? You can combine the colors and see which is better before shading it (try changing the hue and saturation etc)

Sometimes giving the background a flat color/just typical white will work out with the right combination, or adding a bit of ornaments?

Brown shades

And for hairstyles, there are lot of references on google, but I suggest hairstyles that show the flow of her hair (for the sultry looking)

Hairstyle

You can change it a bit by shortening it on some sides or adding a braid etc. Just try experimenting! It'll be fun to see how it changes with different hairstyles.

Sorry if it's a bit messy (typing from phone lol) hope it helps even just a bit!
Thank you so much, this helps!

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#6 Post by King-sama »

here's my tryout I imagined her to have a hairstyle like that. you can change the colors or keep them if you like
Last edited by King-sama on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

フリークェンシー
Regular

#7 Post by フリークェンシー »

King-sama wrote:
woodland dryad.png
here's my tryout I imagined her to have a hairstyle like that. you can change the colors or keep them if you like
One word...WOW. That looks amazing! You're crazy good with colors :shock: :shock:
I would love to keep the colors, that hairstyle looks cool too--I TAKE ( ノ^ω^)ノ゚