CloudNovel Creator

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

CloudNovel Creator

#1 Post by Sonya »

Create your own mermaid here: http://cloudnovel.net/create?character=mermaid

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like in your visual novel:

here are some more images:

So a lot of users on our site suggested character creator dress up games, so CloudNovel is going to release character creator games from now on! Mermaid dress up will be our first demo character creator game.

It's completely free for CloudNovel games for commercial or noncommercial, however we cannot allow use on commercial games if you use our character sprites on RenPy or Tyranobuilder. You CAN, however, use it for personal use on non commercial VNs and credit CloudNovel for the character sprites.

We will be releasing more character creator games soon, such as:
Princess Creator
Maid Creator
Neko Girl Creator
Prince Creator
Butler Creator
Neko Boy Creator
Magical Girl Creator

and much much moooooooooooooooore to come in the next few months :D

The princess creator will most likely look like this:

Stay tuned, and have fun with our mermaid creator!

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Gorgeous Mermaid Character Creator

#2 Post by indoneko »

wah... so georgeous~

I'm looking forward to see the Neko version :3
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Sonya
Veteran

#3 Post by Sonya »

indoneko wrote:wah... so georgeous~

I'm looking forward to see the Neko version :3
Thanks, all the artists at CloudNovel are working on it :mrgreen:

Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

#4 Post by Neeka »

The mermaids are absolutely beautiful! I think character creators are a marvelous idea and using the point system is really neat as well ^^ I love how the artists and everyone are so dedicated to creating quality content, I really love the Cloudnovel community <3 Can't wait to see the others! :)

Sonya
Veteran

#5 Post by Sonya »

Neeka wrote:The mermaids are absolutely beautiful! I think character creators are a marvelous idea and using the point system is really neat as well ^^ I love how the artists and everyone are so dedicated to creating quality content, I really love the Cloudnovel community <3 Can't wait to see the others! :)
Thanks Neeka! :D Our artists are working hard to draw CN's characters for our VNs !!!

zhaie
Regular
Completed: After Guardian Angel, Rewound 101, Ano What? Why Bakit??
Projects: The Love -Box- Challenge, Mangmankit
Organization: z-ish prouductions
IRC Nick: zairen
Tumblr: zishp
Deviantart: zhaiechan
Soundcloud: zhaie
itch: zhaieyuemn

#6 Post by zhaie »

The princess creator look like the heroine from Under the moon Otome Game x'D
She still looks pretty tho OvO);

Sonya
Veteran

Princess Character Creator (CloudNovel Creator)

#7 Post by Sonya »

The princess character creator has been released! You can create your own princess character for your visual novels! Feel free to not only use this in CloudNovel visual novels, but other novels/games as well! It only costs 300 points (roughly $0.15-0.30) to save your character sprite onto your computer!

Play this demo to see how the Princess Character look in a visual novel: http://cloudnovel.net/play?n=bd7a8c448a ... 902b65&p=1

If you don't have enough points, feel free to buy it in the CloudNovel shop!

Sonya
Veteran

School Girl Character Creator (CloudNovel Creator)

#8 Post by Sonya »

The school girl character creator has been released! You can create your own school girl uniform character for your visual novels! Feel free to not only use this in CloudNovel visual novels, but other novels/games as well! It only costs 300 points (roughly $0.30) to save your character sprite onto your computer!

Last edited by Sonya on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

Re: School Girl Character Creator

#9 Post by Mammon »

Looks nice, although maybe split hair color/style and eye color/expression? That seems like a lot of clicking for some browsing. I saw that your princess creator did have that with the eyes at least. And what's the exact CC license here, and the pricing? Will one sprite saving come with a set of expressions or just the selected one? And will there be more character creators to come, hopefully some with compatible styles?
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Sonya
Veteran

#10 Post by Sonya »

Mammon wrote:Looks nice, although maybe split hair color/style and eye color/expression? That seems like a lot of clicking for some browsing. I saw that your princess creator did have that with the eyes at least. And what's the exact CC license here, and the pricing? Will one sprite saving come with a set of expressions or just the selected one? And will there be more character creators to come, hopefully some with compatible styles?
hi there, I'll probably fix the browsing thing later, I was in a rush to get these character creators done so probably when I get more time I'll add a "choose expressions" and "choose eye color" etc.

I actually don't have a CC license yet, but the terms are that you can use these in CloudNovel visual novels or even Ren'Py visual novels commercial OR non commercial, and you don't have to credit CloudNovel. Do you have any recommendations as to which license this would go under?

The only condition is that you can't sell the artwork you make from these character creators, like you can't sell the character you save. And of course hacking into the character creator games is against our terms of service, and we will ban people who attempt to steal our art.

The pricing is simple, you can buy points from the CloudNovel shop, $1 for 1000 points, $5 for 6000 points, $10 for 15000 points, and $25 for 50000 points. So if you buy the $25 bundle, every $1 is worth 2000 instead of 1000 points if you buy just the $1 bundle.

The character creator games now only cost 500 points! And that's for one sprite, it doesn't come with a bundle of expression packs. So if you want four expressions, that's 2000 points (500x4).

Thank you for commenting on my post, I appreciate any feedback as to how to improve the site!

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#11 Post by Mammon »

You can pick out the CC license that fits your needs best from these. I see you have no noncommercial requirement and this isn't sharealike, but there's a lot of things to decide upon, so I can't single out anything.

Looking at your price system, making packs might actually be up your alley. One expression costs 50 cents but the whole set will lower that price to about 40-45cents per expression for example. The people will get their sprites faster and a bit cheaper, and you'll probably get a tad bit more because they'll also buy the last 1-2 expressions they would've skipped when judging them piece by piece. Just select hair style, outfit and colors and presto. Some people might also buy packs just to save time&effort regardless of price reduction, who knows? I'm no marketing genius.

The sprites look well. The clothes should make for a bunch of characters that exceed just schoolgirls and the vastly different hairstyles work. Perhaps different jawlines/facial outlines would be a good addition to avoid all the girls looking the same, but this generator looks variable.

One thing that will be important for better success will be compatibility. As I already mentioned before the schoolgirl and princess aren't of the same art style. I can see the princess being a fairy godmother in a story featuring the both of them to explain them looking so different or whatever, but with other sprites this won't work that well. If there's a schoolboy generator to come, it will most definately have to be in the same style as the schoolgirl. And if there are more generators to come, then adding links to each other in the generator's screen will also be a good addition.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Sonya
Veteran

Re: School Girl Character Creator (CloudNovel Creator)

#12 Post by Sonya »

Thanks for the link to all the CC info, I'll take a look at it and choose one.

As for the expressions packs, I lowered the price from 500 to 300 after talking over with a CloudNovel user. I might put packs in the future, but what I'm aiming for is 2500 for the ten expression for the school girl (not sure how much the pack would cost for the princess yet)

And yes i know, the art styles don't match, they are from two different artists. I have a male school boy creator coming up soon from the same artist, and that will be the complete set of school characters, just those two.

I plan to add more creators in the future from the same artists. For now I only have the chibi princess creator and the school girl creator. Still waiting on the artists to finish the art!

Sonya
Veteran

Lolita Character Creator WIP (CloudNovel)

#13 Post by Sonya »

Check out CloudNovel's upcoming character creator, Lolita character creator!

You'll be able to make your own gorgeous lolita girl for your visual novels!

Check out CloudNovel's other character creator's here:

Sonya
Veteran

Prince Character Creator (CloudNovel Creator)

#14 Post by Sonya »

The prince character creator has been released! You can create your own prince character for your visual novels! Feel free to not only use this in CloudNovel visual novels, but other novels/games as well! It only costs 300 points (roughly $0.30) to save your character sprite onto your computer!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Prince Character Creator (CloudNovel Creator)

#15 Post by Taleweaver »

Not Creative Commons, thus moved.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira