Art Software?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Art Software?

#16 Post by indoneko »

While CSP and Photoshop are definitely the "Mightiest Beasts" of the art software packs, I still pick the little cute Sai as the most comfortable tool to draw with.... as long as I don't hit the layer limit :lol:
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

#17 Post by morinoir »

indoneko wrote:While CSP and Photoshop are definitely the "Mightiest Beasts" of the art software packs, I still pick the little cute Sai as the most comfortable tool to draw with.... as long as I don't hit the layer limit :lol:
Agree! Sai is light and fast. It has great stroke stabilizer, great anti alias, and it can blend color smoothly. I heard they release sai version 2 but I haven't got the chance to test it.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#18 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

indoneko wrote:While CSP and Photoshop are definitely the "Mightiest Beasts" of the art software packs, I still pick the little cute Sai as the most comfortable tool to draw with.... as long as I don't hit the layer limit :lol:
Isn't there also a resolution limit in SAI as well?

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by indoneko »

@morinoir : Sai ver.2 ? Isn't it still a beta release? :roll:

@LateWhiteRabbit : You're right. It can't take anything bigger than A3 size.

Somehow, I found that canvas size only really matter to lineart. For coloring (especially with anime cell-shading), we can still use half or even a quarter of the lineart resolution without losing too many details...
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe