What are some good CG artworks?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
cedes
Regular
itch: cedes

What are some good CG artworks?

#1 Post by cedes »

I just want to gather what you guys think are some of your favorite or just overall appealing CG artworks in VNs!! I'm sorking on some simple ones, but I'd love to see some more, as I just kind of went for it and didn't stop to research or anything.

Posting images completely encouraged!!

quilleth

Re: What are some good CG artworks?

#2 Post by quilleth »

The CG's in Cinderella Phenomenon and The Lady's choice are nice. The Cinderella Phenomenon ones sometimes have different stages to them, and I just really like the artwork for The Lady's choice.

I think that if the art style of the CG's is close to the artwork for the sprites, that's always nice, but if both are well done and things like character skintones and hair colors, etc remain the same then it wouldn't make a difference as a player if they were different. And if the CG's are at the right moment in the story; you don't want to make more work for yourself making CG's for story moments that aren't as important to the story or the development of the relationship between characters IMO. Like CG's for CG's sake always kind of make me think "hang on why is there a CG for this" and distract me from gameplay (not that that happens very often though)

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: What are some good CG artworks?

#3 Post by runeraccoon »

I think I got decent answers in my thread last year:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37214&hilit=CGs