Is there any apps to create a male character?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
mohireza

Is there any apps to create a male character?

#1 Post by mohireza »

Hi guys! recently i was searching for an application that could help me about creating characters for my game. but after about a week searching i couldn't find any apps that could create a good male character. as you know most of the apps are just creating anime girl characters and a few remaining apps just have limited skins for male characters. in short words i need a resource for anime male characters outfits and clothes; but it would be great if you help me find a complete app for this. (i also tried ACC and ACG and also a lot of anime avatar makers for android but in all of them which had male character creating ability there was just a few boy outfits). I will be thankful.

Saud Al-mansour

Re: Is there any apps to create a male character?

#2 Post by Saud Al-mansour »

Have you tried using Makehuman app?

mohireza

#3 Post by mohireza »

Saud Al-mansour wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:57 am Have you tried using Makehuman app?
I was just viewing the app and thanks for your suggestion but it's a 3D character making app but i need 2D characters for visual nove...

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

A creator known as Blue Forest offers some "Standing postures for game creation." The person has created both female and male 2D characters, such as "Vol. 14 - Male Heroes" and "Vol.12 - Fantasy Males." Both worksafe and NSFW versions of these images can be purchased on the English version of DLSite. They include .psd files which can be edited with Photoshop or freeware programs such as Gimp. (The image sets include a character.exe program. I have tried to use it, but the program does not work with my Windows 7 or my Win8 computer.)

Also on DLSite, you can purchase Tokudaya's image sets and PSD files. The person has made three worksafe "Posing Boys Material" 2D images of male characters.

One more example from the same website: at least three "Male Pose Art Materials" made by BUBU-K.

mohireza

#5 Post by mohireza »

gekiganwing wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:01 pm A creator known as Blue Forest offers some "Standing postures for game creation." The person has created both female and male 2D characters, such as "Vol. 14 - Male Heroes" and "Vol.12 - Fantasy Males." Both worksafe and NSFW versions of these images can be purchased on the English version of DLSite. They include .psd files which can be edited with Photoshop or freeware programs such as Gimp. (The image sets include a character.exe program. I have tried to use it, but the program does not work with my Windows 7 or my Win8 computer.)

Also on DLSite, you can purchase Tokudaya's image sets and PSD files. The person has made three worksafe "Posing Boys Material" 2D images of male characters.

One more example from the same website: at least three "Male Pose Art Materials" made by BUBU-K.
uh... I think i just forgot a lot of details to say. I have to say that I'm creating my first game as a free VN then i cant purchase for the stuff... I think i need to find a artist or another program. but after all hanks for your help :D

Saud Al-mansour

#6 Post by Saud Al-mansour »

mohireza wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:28 am
Saud Al-mansour wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:57 am Have you tried using Makehuman app?
I was just viewing the app and thanks for your suggestion but it's a 3D character making app but i need 2D characters for visual nove...
I use 3D characters for visual novel
But it's up to you after all.

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#7 Post by runeraccoon »

You could also head over to CC subforum and just take a look at free, creative commons licensed male sprites there. Some of them are commercial quality and might just serve your needs, especially if you have slight Photoshop ability to tinker with colors etc.

princessap7

#8 Post by princessap7 »

IIcharacter Alpha is mostly for female characters but you can make males as well.
she's a trash girl in a trash world