Making Anime Characters without copyright?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Sandra_Arteni

Making Anime Characters without copyright?

#1 Post by Sandra_Arteni »

Hello, I am new in making visual novels and, I don't know which program should I use for a decent 2D Anime character maker without getting any copyright when I export my game... I am a little bit bad at drawing my custom characters, I only know how to make similar to pictures but I don't know how to pose, how they will look like and clothes... And I draw correctly on paper only :(

Here's one of my drawings
And, yes, I spend a lot of making this one that's why I want an anime 2d character creator with poses + non-copyright... If I can't, which program should I use to create anime characters for visual novels and how I can learn to make my own characters using my graphics. Also, I have a Graphic tablet by Wacom.
Hope someone will help me somehow

Curtid21
Regular
Projects: "Destined" (Current Title)

Re: Making Anime Characters without copyright?

#2 Post by Curtid21 »

I only know so much about art, but as a creator in general, definitely don't rush. You have an inspiration already, and you can draw, so you have a good base. The rest of the creative process for new characters will come to you.
Practice a bit. Watch your fav artist's livestream. You got this.
"Are you ready?"
Ready as I'll ever be.

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: Making Anime Characters without copyright?

#3 Post by Per K Grok »

Sandra_Arteni wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:16 am
If I can't, which program should I use to create anime characters for visual novels and how I can learn to make my own characters using my graphics.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the different programs that exists for making game characters. So I cannot give any advice on that.

I would however encourage you to learn to draw digitally. There is a bit of a learning curve to it but in the end you will save lots of time compared to traditional drawing.

The drawing program I use mostly is Firealpaca. I find it really friendly to draw in. It's a bit more limited in the stuff it can do compared to some other drawing programs, but still very good.

When making a character you should always use layers. At the very least you should have the lineart on one layer and the coloring on an other.

If you are making a face with different expressions you can have the face without eyes and mouth on one layer, and different eyes and mouths on other layers that you can combine to get different expressions.

Resizing, turning and moving are very useful tools.

It does take a bit of practice and you might not attain super perfection, but there is an enormous freedom in being able to make your own art.

There is of course always the option to use different free assets. If you look in the Creative Commons forum below you will find loads of free sprites an backgrounds that could be a good place to start if you want to focus on the programming side of game making.

Any way you chose to go, don't forget to have fun while you do it. :D