We're Creating FREE TO USE Backgrounds!

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
questhq
Deviantart: studioquesthq

We're Creating FREE TO USE Backgrounds!

#1 Post by questhq »

Hello Guys! It's our very first post here. We're a group of friends who love to draw fantasy-related illustration. :D
Since we're new, please pardon us if we post it in the wrong forum. Please do let us know if we do something wrong.
In the past view days, we were creating some backgrounds and we want to share them with you. They are completely free to use!

If you're interested to use them, please take a look at our terms and conditions first.
  • Please give proper credit of © Studio Quest if you are using the background(s). If you also put our DeviantArt link, studioquesthq.deviantart.com it'll be highly appreciated!
  • You are free to use the backgrounds for both commercial and non-commercial works (game, illustration, etc).
  • You are free to use the backgrounds for any purpose such as website, banner, etc.
  • You are free to edit the backgrounds but please put the credit as © Studio Quest, edited by [your name].

• Please do NOT claim the backgrounds as your own.
  • Please do NOT re-distribute or re-upload in any websites.

Please go here to get the full size. The link is from our DeviantArt Stash.
Cheerful Town Backgrounds
Deep Forest Backgrounds

Hope you Guys enjoy. Have fun!

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

Re: We're Creating FREE TO USE Backgrounds!

#2 Post by skyeworks »

Hey! THESE LOOKS TOTALLY AMAZING!!! AND I TOTALLY WANT IT! (Probably for a different later vn as this doesn't fit my current project )

Though this is the wrong place :D All free to use things goes into the Creative common here;

viewforum.php?f=52

But thank you so much for these!! They look fantastic!!!

click
Regular
Completed: Belong
Tumblr: aflutterstudios
itch: aflutter

#3 Post by click »

Oh wow these are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Liam

#4 Post by Liam »

These backgrounds are really good to use and it is also free can you guys make more realastic that will be more cool

joichi
Tumblr: joichii
Deviantart: joichiroll

#5 Post by joichi »

Wow thank you so much for your generosity on sharing these painted BG. These would be perfect for my fairytale fantasy VN story idea.

questhq
Deviantart: studioquesthq

#6 Post by questhq »

skyeworks wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:09 pm Hey! THESE LOOKS TOTALLY AMAZING!!! AND I TOTALLY WANT IT! (Probably for a different later vn as this doesn't fit my current project )

Though this is the wrong place :D All free to use things goes into the Creative common here;

viewforum.php?f=52

But thank you so much for these!! They look fantastic!!!
Oops! Please pardon our carelessness. Thank you for letting us know! We really appreciate that. :oops:
We'll write similar thread there. There will be a new background featured so feel free to check it out. :D
click wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:03 pm Oh wow these are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!
No problem! We're so glad you enjoy the backgrounds. ;)
Liam wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:04 am These backgrounds are really good to use and it is also free can you guys make more realastic that will be more cool
Thank you so much for your feedback! We'll try to make it more realistic in the future.
joichi wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:12 pm Wow thank you so much for your generosity on sharing these painted BG. These would be perfect for my fairytale fantasy VN story idea.
We're so happy to hear that! No problem at all. Glad you enjoy! :D

Ayael
Regular
Projects: Imperial Grace (on going), Autumn Spirit, Ballads at Midnight

#7 Post by Ayael »

questhq wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:04 am Hello Guys! It's our very first post here. We're a group of friends who love to draw fantasy-related illustration. :D
Since we're new, please pardon us if we post it in the wrong forum. Please do let us know if we do something wrong.
In the past view days, we were creating some backgrounds and we want to share them with you. They are completely free to use!
I think the idea is wonderful, truly.
When I saw it the first time I thought : oh wow, that's great. If there is enough assets, I can comission the 2/3 missing so it would be in my budget. Honestly, I think you guys, could help a lot of VN creator this way, but it needs more assets to be viable. (Like throne room, bedroom, alley kind of stuff really common in all medieval worlds). Like that, people could commission you, only special place unique to their game, even if you don't have a lot of money, it's easier to pay for 2/3 backgorunds than ten. And it's would still be a professional quality and harmonious. Plus, you could offer a little reduction to all commissionners who accept their pictures to be shared as free to use, and slowly make so much choice !

I know, it must not be easy to work for free to offer more assets, but maybe, you could start a kickstarter campaign or something like that ? "If we get this amounts of money, we would draw all of this [the list] background and then share it free to use to help all creators."(And kickstart reward could be to choose what would be one or two bonus backgrounds! Or to have variation such a seasons on some of them etc.) I would definitely pledge to something like that, really, it's so much in the "ren'py" idea !
Image Image

leviathanimation
Regular
Completed: Tyrania visual novel
Projects: Making multiple animations
Deviantart: leviathanimation
itch: leviathanimation

#8 Post by leviathanimation »

Would you guys be able to make industrial themed backgrounds? (Not steampunk, like ww2 ish)
Just curious :D

cutesoph88

#9 Post by cutesoph88 »

Amazing!! the forest background fits my project perfectly and I only stopped working on it as finding/attempting to make backgrounds is very stressful. Thanking you.