Consistent Art searching

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
RoyalT

Consistent Art searching

#1 Post by RoyalT »

I made a few posts on Reddit and was redirected here and told that everyone here is incredibly friendly and helpful so I thought id give it a shot. I'm trying to make my first visual novel, specifically using free resources ( I'm only planning on showing a few friends and crediting all artists). I found a few resources of a consistent art style but its not enough. The reason for this post is to find one of three (or two or all three). 1) An artist with a consistent art-style for making sprites that I could possibly commission? this one is a bit of a last resort since I'm very hesitant to spend money on my first visual novel since I doubt anyone would do it for free. 2) specifically 4 girl and 3 guy sprites who are or at least look like they're young enough to be in highschool and have a consistent art-style (also looking for various teachers i could use, but this is less important. 3) any relatively easy program that could be used to make my own characters, I'm horrible at art and don't want to lose my determination to finish this project which i probably will with my lack of art skill.

I appreciate any help I get and sorry if i come off as a choosing beggar!

(side notes: The game I'm making is based of a reddit "writing prompt" https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts ... tition_of/ minus the drunk part, the P.C. will get to pick from a few options, if anyone also has a link to a good tutorial, I already feel like I have a good grasp of Ren'Py but it always helps to know more. I use Ren'Py 7.1.1 by the way)

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

Re: Consistent Art searching

#2 Post by morinoir »

Hi! Your post is okay. No need to apologize =)

If you're looking to commission an artist, be sure to check Recruitment & Service Offered category : viewforum.php?f=58. There are plenty of artist with consistent art style who offered their service here, although whether they're available or not, you have to ask them personally. Alternatively, you can also make a job offer post. Be sure to read the rules beforehand though.

There are some newbie artists here who offer their service for free if you don't have any budget for your project, but I can't speak about their reliability. Always do your own research before hiring anyone.

For character creation program, pretty sure you can find information about it in some older threads in the Asset Creation: Art category here : viewforum.php?f=46. Or you can also check the Creative Common section where people put their (mostly) free-to-use pre-made assets. Again, be sure to read the rules before using any.

Hope that helps! If you have other concern or question, just post them here.