Looking for opinions on my characters

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Wintermits
Regular

Looking for opinions on my characters

#1 Post by Wintermits »

Hello, I'm new to the forums! Im currently working on my first visual novel! I'm very excited; however, I find when I get over excited about a project i can tend to over think my art and never want to release it because it always feels "unfinished". I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me feed back on my first promo and concept of the characters
Everydays different.png

Thank you in advance :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Looking for opinions on my characters

#2 Post by Zelan »

I like everyone's hair a lot, you draw it well and there is a nice variance in styles. The exception to this is the girl second from the left and the girl farthest right - compared to the others, the two of them look pretty similar. It's not like I would be mixing them up every time I saw them, but maybe even just changing the color a little bit would make them stand out more.

Small grammar nitpick on your title: it should be "Every Day's Different," with a space. "Everyday" without a space is an adjective (e.g. an everyday occurrence). It's up to you if you want to change it, though, I don't know how much time/effort it would take to change the art and it's a difference that I think not a lot of people know, so you probably wouldn't get too many people calling you out on it.

Good luck on your project!

Wintermits
Regular

#3 Post by Wintermits »

Thank you for your input! Now that you mention it, I do see what you mean. I might experiment with making the girl on the rights hair different. Thank you for catching that grammar error! Grammar has never been one of my strengths and is the scariest thing for me when it comes to creating something like this, I will be sure to fix that! Thank you again :)

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#4 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

I think they looks cute and you're off on a good start! The art reminds me a bit of Rui Komatsuzaki style of art (his famous work for Danganronpa)
All of them have distinct style and my feedback is just to be confident in your art and your project, no game is perfect and as long as you're working hard to finish it
it'll be something you'll be proud of and others can enjoy playing it as well.
If one day you think you can improve the art or other things you can post an update and try fixing them too! Good luck and will be waiting for the game~

(oh and just a small thing on my part, but I think it depends on people preferences, it just bothered me a little that the girl hair on the right is similar to the background for the promo art)

PeterKmiecik
Regular
Tumblr: peterkmiecik
Deviantart: peterkmiecik

#5 Post by PeterKmiecik »

Actually wanted to sat that about girl with yellow hair ;)