How to get character sprites from manga maker comicpo

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
SpookySharma
Projects: Broken Butterflies
Organization: AutumnDream Studios

How to get character sprites from manga maker comicpo

#1 Post by SpookySharma »

I have purchased manga maker comicpo recently and the character generator in it works quite well. I wanted to use the characters from it into my visual novel. But there is no way to export the character sprites or whatsoever but I have seen people using comicpo characters in their games. So if anybody knows how to do that please please do tell me...I am literally begging you.
SpookySharma :twisted:

rebelrocket
Organization: LazyDog Productions
Deviantart: pathwalking

Re: How to get character sprites from manga maker comicpo

#2 Post by rebelrocket »

Hello! :mrgreen: It's actually very easy to get sprites extracted from Po.

First make the sprites you'll be using. Get them sized and positioned how you'll want them to appear onscreen, and make sure they look good. Have any custom parts added and positioned properly, and make sure you're completely happy with them. Then, select the sprite's layer. You should be able to just click on the sprite so it's hilighted, with the little red square in the middle. Now, go up to the export image button and click it. Once that's up, click 'selected layers' in the top-left corner. Make sure you've set everything else on this screen to how you want it and that the file destination is somewhere you can easily get to. Just click 'export' and wait a minute while the file processes, and now you'll have a single image of the character you can move to whatever program you're using! Now just make all your other poses in the same way and soon you'll have an arsenal of sprites for use!

If you're not happy with how the sprites look (ComiPo is notoriously basic), then feel free to head over to DeviantArt and visit either of the main comipo groups- comipo-FC or ComipoClubhouse (I'm actually one of the mods for the clubhouse :D ). Both have links to various resources to help improve the look of Comipo, as well as tutorials on making the most of the software.

Hope this helped!

SpookySharma
Projects: Broken Butterflies
Organization: AutumnDream Studios

Re: How to get character sprites from manga maker comicpo

#3 Post by SpookySharma »

Thank you very much dude. This certainly makes my job much easier
SpookySharma :twisted: