Animated 3d model? Opinions please?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
BlairBlah

Animated 3d model? Opinions please?

#1 Post by BlairBlah »

This 3d model was made in Blender everything was made by me except for the hair which is from MMD TDA. The hair is temporary. I am not the best at making hair. The animation is motion capture I found online that I modified to fit what I want.

https://youtu.be/m0qgx1mfz8Q

Blank

Re: Animated 3d model? Opinions please?

#2 Post by Blank »

Model looks cute and style is charming, it personally reminds me a bit of the flash style that was popular during the 00s, like radio gosha.
Since it's not a turn around, I can't really give that much feedback on the model, I'm assuming that it was designed for visual novel use?
Also for the hair, something simple in a cell shaded style would probably match the skin and not be too much of a pain to model, at least that's how I would approach it.

Wudgeous
Regular
Tumblr: herotome
itch: wudgeous

Re: Animated 3d model? Opinions please?

#3 Post by Wudgeous »

I echo the sentiment that the model is cute. For a chibi, her proportions are very good! This is a great starting point to add clothes and expressions to better demonstrate her personality (unless she's meant to be kuudere at the beach).

The eye animation is a little strange because her pupils are scaled down as she blinks -- I'm not sure if that's part of the premade motion capture you'd found, but it'd be good to keep in mind. Maybe it's a style you're going for?
Have confidence. Let go of perfectionism. I love you!
A superhero dating sim in fresh hot development!

You can also keep up with me on Twitter and Itch!