How do I draw classrooms on a two point perspective?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Tritonials
Completed: None. Still learning how to code.

How do I draw classrooms on a two point perspective?

#1 Post by Tritonials »

I really need a classroom background for my VN similar to Persona 5's classroom:
persona-5-test-answers-exam-quiz-4249-1491240527157.jpg
Any tips or tutorials on how to properly draw them? I am really struggling with this so any help would be kindly appreciated. :D

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

Re: How do I draw classrooms on a two point perspective?

#2 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

It is hard to give a simple answer on subjects like this. For one, that image is using 3-point perspective (because it is actually 3D).

First, I would really study perspective, independent of drawing your backgrounds. Practice and learn by drawing simple objects in perspective, then move up to more complex ones before tackling an environment. Draw just a cardboard box in perspective, for instance, then a desk, etc. Draw a close-up of a cellphone on a desk. Practice with boxy or rectangular objects like this, because it is easiest to put them in perspective. Once you are comfortable with that, move on to more organic forms.

Check out FZD School for great advice on environments and drawing in general. A little over half-way down this page, he has some great little exercises where you translate complex shapes into three dimensions.

Of course, you could also 'cheat' with a 3D program like SketchUp to block out the scene, place your camera, then draw over the result as a guide.

You'll need to put in the hours and practice to get good at this stuff. There aren't really any shortcuts.

Tritonials
Completed: None. Still learning how to code.

Re: How do I draw classrooms on a two point perspective?

#3 Post by Tritonials »

Ah, thank you for presenting me the SketchUp program. It's download right now and i decided to draw over the scene using Photoshop. Thank you so much again!:D