Help with Backgrounds !!!

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Nommmn
Deviantart: Nommmn
itch: Nommmn

Help with Backgrounds !!!

#1 Post by Nommmn »

Hello, so I'm making a novel and the sprites are going to be 3d. Because of it I wanted a 3d looking background and thought about using the sims + some effects. Anyway, is it legal ?

I found only 3 or 2 topics about it, including someone that made a novel using only the sims for everything. But ts4 EULA says no commercial use, and no one really gave a proper answer on any of the topics.

Is the EULA only for the software or also for screenshots ? Does any of the other versions allows it to be used ? TS2 maybe ? If not, does anyone knows any other program were I can use premade 3d items to make a background ? I can't really make them myself, so I would need it to be pre made.

If you guys don't really know about any of that do you know about a way for me to contact EA so I can ask ? Thank you very much.

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

Re: Help with Backgrounds !!!

#2 Post by namastaii »

It's not legal. You may get away with it if it's a free project but it still isn't legal with any of the sims games as far as I'm aware. If your game is commercial and you use any assets from sims, you'll likely get sued haha

I would suggest the free web version of sketchup since you can make your own 3d models or throw in some premade ones from the asset gallery. I've seen some games take screenshots from sims houses they made etc and then turned them into outlines with adjustments and colored them in themselves and basically used them as references that end up looking completely different which is safer but. I'd suggest the sketchup route or something like sketchup. or you can recruit someone for your team that knows how to use programs like that