(first post) i draw whit paper, does that work for a vn?, also what should i have to be a selectable part of a team

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
erugurara

(first post) i draw whit paper, does that work for a vn?, also what should i have to be a selectable part of a team

#1 Post by erugurara »

HI, name is eru, i want to make my own story but i do now have the coding skill not a basis for what is and now posible for a VN, for that i want to ask to be part of a team in what i know a litte but im new to the recruietment area and so i do not know what should i have to be considablre for an asset.

so the questions comes to: in what form do i need to show my art, i need to put in a specific page?, which one?

i draw a mostly in paper, i edit some whit photoshop, does that work for a vn?

In case of being selected, how can i work whit the rest of the team (somethiing that naturally espect to be diferent from team to team), does everything happen in Lemma soft or just the initial comunications?, can i addhere some rules as basics of what i can or cant do or expectations from being in a team?, also being my interest i ask if can be see the general pogress of the project to undestand the pogress nad also hear of what should i do?.

Please have in mind i am someone interested in VNs creation but no in anyway someone who is in the knows of this speciaties nor internal work culture.

PS: did i make myself clear?, i do not talk in a profesional way most of the time so i might given the wrong idea of what kind of person i am or my intetions.

puppetbomb
Regular
Tumblr: puppetbomb
itch: puppetbomb

Re: (first post) i draw whit paper, does that work for a vn?, also what should i have to be a selectable part of a team

#2 Post by puppetbomb »

The barest of requirements to apply for a team is to have a portfolio. It can be a thread on Lemmasoft (Recruitment & Services Offered > I am an Artist), tumblr, twitter, or (my preference) an artstation site.

It doesn't matter how you create a sprite (most of the time), as long as the sprite background is transparent.

For communication, there aren't any hard or fast rules. The bare minimum I expect are 1) requests for additional asset concept/technical design information if needed 2) providing revision updates 3) notification of any foreseen delays in scheduling/deadlines/communication on my end.

You'll also need to edit your writing with more care if you want to increase your chances of getting in a team. Since most collaborations are online, demonstrating that you are capable of consistent, clear and professional communication is important. Proofread your work. Use spellcheck.

erugurara

Re: (first post) i draw whit paper, does that work for a vn?, also what should i have to be a selectable part of a team

#3 Post by erugurara »

thanks, i will go to check on what i need, im new to this so i asked all that i feel was needed.