Need Dev Feedback - Character Creator for RPGs/VNs

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
youngyokai
itch: youngyokai

Need Dev Feedback - Character Creator for RPGs/VNs

#1 Post by youngyokai »

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some feedback on a character creator that is a work-in-progress right now. I'm working on a profile creator that should let devs/anyone be able to play with painted assets to make a hero, NPC, or whatever it is they need for their RPG, dungeon-crawler, VN, etc. This is not animated but will have expressions to work with. Everything that would be a customizable-given (skin color, hair style, clothing-type, etc.) are all parts of the character I'm working on right now. Here is an image to show you what I'm describing.
My question for devs is what can I do when everything is finished to make it easier for users that like this? For reference, the file is 700x1000px, 72dpi, painted in Clip Studio Paint (file can be exported to PSD format). When it's finished, I will compress layers and organize them in an orderly fashion so it will be easier for the user to turn on or off what they do or do not want (i.e. someone wants "messy-black-hair" instead of "messy-blonde-hair"). I'm no coder but at the same time I want to be able to make this customization as easy-to-use to whomever eventually downloads it when I finish this. So any feedback is greatly appreciated! :)