Medieval Backgrounds Needed

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Swein

Medieval Backgrounds Needed

#1 Post by Swein »

I want to build medieval towns and taverns & characters for my RPG game. Do you have a website or freelancer recommendation for this? Thank you!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Medieval Backgrounds Needed

#2 Post by Zelan »

Some free assets can only be used if you are making a free game, so be certain to check the licensing for these assets if you plan on selling your game.

Googling "free RPG assets" gave me these sites: itch.io assets, opengameart.org, and Craftpix.

If you're looking to be able to customize the art yourself, you'll probably need an art program, but that's not something I'm familiar with.

Good luck!

Swein

#3 Post by Swein »

Zelan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:16 pm Some free assets can only be used if you are making a free game, so be certain to check the licensing for these assets if you plan on selling your game.

Googling "free RPG assets" gave me these sites: itch.io assets, opengameart.org, and Craftpix.

If you're looking to be able to customize the art yourself, you'll probably need an art program, but that's not something I'm familiar with.

Good luck!
Thanks for reply! However I want unique designs, do you have a suggestion for this?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

Swein wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:15 pm
Zelan wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:16 pm Some free assets can only be used if you are making a free game, so be certain to check the licensing for these assets if you plan on selling your game.

Good luck!
Thanks for reply! However I want unique designs, do you have a suggestion for this?
I'm not sure of any specific programs that can be used to make your own art assets - any program would probably require you to have some artistic skills as well as to learn how to use the program.

You may have better luck looking through the I Am an Artist section of the forum to see if anyone is offering RPG assets, though I can't recommend anyone specific, and I think a lot of the people here are character artists.