- Posts: 213
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:52 pm
- Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
- itch: empish
My questions are twofold:
1: What do you do to avoid such problems occurring the in the first place?
2: If such a thing does happen, how do you go about fixing it?
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:31 pm
- Projects: Nostalgia: Another Dream & Heart Replica
- Location: Stockholm & UK
2) Again, sometimes I think it’s best to simply leave it be. Unless the difference is so drastic that one route will leave the other feeling lackluster. Filler scenes (particularly if it’s a romance) are one option.c but finding a way to incorporate a side-story or side-quest (preferably related to the overall narrative — even if only the themes) would be my personal preference.
Anyway, that would be my way to approach it. Good luck! ^^
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:49 am
- Completed: Lifted Dreams
- Projects: ----
- Skype: Josou
IE. before 'filler', character has no dog
IE. within 'filler' character gets dog
IE. after 'filler' character has dog in bedroom occasionally seated in different poses on the bed (or whatever)
and then if it's still too short
you can create an arc around the dog going missing or something horrible happens to it, and then invoke tears in the reader by getting them attached to the dog and it dies.
and you've successfully become filler again. (especially if you never reference the dog again)
music for sale
|| Thank you ||
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1803
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:47 pm
- Projects: The Space Between
I agree with sonnenblumen - all that matters is that each arc and path is thematical and narratively satisfying. You shouldn't force a story to be something it is not, just for the sake of parity with another story. That can easily lead to bad storytelling and can destroy pacing.
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1850
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm
- Completed: The Dark
- Projects: bookSLEEPer, Stalker & Yandere
- Tumblr: evns
- itch: Zelan
On the other hand, if one is 40k and the other is 10k, you might have a problem. Here you'd want to think about how deep the character with 10k and their arc is - maybe it's complete based on what we know about him, but, like you said, lackluster compared to the other character.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users