purple_pockets' Ideas and Writing Samples

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
purple_pockets
Regular

purple_pockets' Ideas and Writing Samples

#1 Post by purple_pockets »

As the title suggests, here I will be posting various ideas for VNs or KNs and perhaps some samples of my writing. I am rather new to doing projects of any sort, so if any of these sound interesting, I'll write a short piece based on the idea. I am posting this here because I feel that the Ideas Dump is a bit too full...

How would you guys feel about an Edgar Allen Poe-inspired game? In this game, you play someone who is sent to care for a man that has gone mad. He lives in a house kinda like the one described in "The Fall of the House of Usher." As the days go by, you begin to see the man you work for is incredibly sad, and maybe his sadness is the source of his delusions. When you are not helping the man, you explore the house, looking for signs of what could be the source of his sadness. (while doing this, you will come across bits of the poem, "Annabel Lee." These tell the story of what happened to the love of his life) What do you think? :roll:

If you like this idea, I'll post a sample of the story.
A teenager's favorite phrase:
No sé y no me importa.
Translation: I don't know and I don't care

Weakjounin
Veteran

Re: purple_pockets' Ideas and Writing Samples

#2 Post by Weakjounin »

Personally I like this idea, eager to see this, also would this require tons of research?

ScottySeng
Regular
Completed: May-Chan
Projects: Fairy Tale, What do you see

Re: purple_pockets' Ideas and Writing Samples

#3 Post by ScottySeng »

Sounds like a good idea. Will the MC go crazy as well and kill the person he/she is taking care of? Like in The Tell-Tale Heart?