Villainous Love Interests – Possible?

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving game writing.
Nisa-chan666
Regular

Re: Villainous Love Interests – Possible?

#16 Post by Nisa-chan666 »

Personally, I would love to see these characters as love interests, simply to see where their arcs would go. I can see why people would be put off by them though, so maybe balance them out with love interests that are more easily defined as morally good? So long as they have logical character progression, I can see these being very interesting characters to try and woo. :)

Aines445
Regular

#17 Post by Aines445 »

Nisa-chan666 wrote:Personally, I would love to see these characters as love interests, simply to see where their arcs would go. I can see why people would be put off by them though, so maybe balance them out with love interests that are more easily defined as morally good? So long as they have logical character progression, I can see these being very interesting characters to try and woo. :)
I agree that I would, out of curiosity, to go through their arcs, and I 100% agree with this : "So long as they have logical character progression, I can see these being very interesting characters to try and woo." Absolutely, I wouldn't like an evil character if there wasn't any character progression, I wouldn't like them at all. But I don't really think you need to put "good" love interests to balance it out, but it would be some nice contrast.

But now to answer this for myself (In my own opinion):

Personally, I wouldn't be that put off, but that's because it's a game. In games, you can do the impossible! But being too unrealistic is kind of bad either. But what I'm trying to say is, if it were in real life, yeah I'd surely get out of their sight as fast as possible, and run away, but it's a game, therefor, I will go through it by curiosity and if I like the characters in the game. It would only put me off if there was gore and all, ew. I think it's possible, if you can make them possible! Besides I kind of like evil characters in game ;D.

lemuel
Regular
Projects: What is Life When the Golden is Gone?

#18 Post by lemuel »

I am glad to hear that you are interested in them. I find them fascinating to plan and write about as well (although being busy with work and life I cannot do as much). I continue to read about the Basilidians, Encratites, and Gnostics for the Merciful's Slave, and have figured out a fascinating angle to tie Snow White into Nalanic Buddhist Occultism.

I am, working on this, but as a hobby I have more important things that take up all-too much of my time.